Good Clip Of Jim Baxter The King

minstral

Read a biography of Willie Johnston, Baxter was hero to all the young players. Everyone wanted to be seen with him and play along side him. Think bid had the chance to sign for Leeds Utd and Man Utd but chose Rangers. Think being in the same team as Baxter was part of the reason. changed days..

Unfortunately before my time but used to see him all the time as a boy in the georgic shawlands and my dad would tell me who he was and was superb for Rangers. I fear I seen his end days and look back now with sadness how he was sat in the corner alone drinking.

Great video and nice to see thanks for giving me the positive of a Rangers legend.

Proud to say I met him.

Before my time as a player, obviously, but he clearly had that least useful but most important trait for a footballer - elegance. When a player is elegant enough that he looks and acts like a king on the pitch, the opposition are already psychologically defeated.

Guys, I wrote this (in Spanish, but with google translator it is easy to get the gist) about Slim Jim and Davie Cooper, and a video about Law´s game. Hope you like it:

http://www.futbolbritanico.com/davie-cooper-el-mejor-extremo-de-todos-los-tiempos/

http://www.futbolbritanico.com/slim-jim-nunca-hubo-nadie-igual/

Slim Jim was a player I'd loved to have seen live. Every time my dad spoke about him, he had a big grin on his face. I used to wind him up saying Coop was better.

We were lucky to have both.

My dad doesn't really remember Baxter's first stint because he was pretty young but he says that even when he was fat and past it, he was still obviously a different class with the ball at his feet.

My dad doesn't really remember Baxter's first stint because he was pretty young but he says that even when he was fat and past it, he was still obviously a different class with the ball at his feet.

We had an old VHS of him, in all the clips it looked like a stroll for him. It had been said many times before, gallus was made for him. :D

We had an old VHS of him, in all the clips it looked like a stroll for him. It had been said many times before, gallus was made for him. :D

I think the "Aren't you ashamed to be on the same pitch as me?" comment to Alan Ball is my favourite sports wind-up ever. A World Cup winner :lol:

Will never forget when we beat the darkside in the 1962-63 Scottish Cup Final. Baxter was outstanding, and had the Celtic end empty with 20 minutes to go. We should have scored 7 or 8 that day, but Baxter was happy to take the piss out of them that day.

I think the "Aren't you ashamed to be on the same pitch as me?" comment to Alan Ball is my favourite sports wind-up ever. A World Cup winner :lol:

The Scottish players were calling him the Clitheroe kid( an English comedian with a squeaky voice), because he spoke just like him. Also does anybody remember a young fan ran on the pitch every home game and gave Jim something.

Saw him live when ha came back and while the pace(did he have any) had gone the old skill was still there and a joy to watch, not only that he had a charisma missing from many of today's players.

Just how much would he be worth today £20m, £30m or more?

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

Unfortunately before my time but used to see him all the time as a boy in the georgic shawlands and my dad would tell me who he was and was superb for Rangers. I fear I seen his end days and look back now with sadness how he was sat in the corner alone drinking.

Great video and nice to see thanks for giving me the positive of a Rangers legend.

He lived his life how he wanted to from beginning to end Daz, he would change for nobody and as for feeling sad about him being alone, he would have laughed that off, he did not give a monkeys and that was the truth of it all and how he played the way he did, pure arrogance on the park because he knew he better than just about every player in his day. A wasted talent ? Most certainly. But he was never alone in the corner, he suited himself and to hang with everybody. If only he never got that fracture against Rapid Vienna, if only ! :(:sherlock: