Boycott Ladbrokes and Coral

SuperAli

Guys, just wanted to make everyone aware that I volunteer every year for the Poppy Appeal and I went into Ladbrokes and Coral to give them collection tins and poppies for sale but they refused to take them because of 'company policy'...the same company which probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our soldiers sacrifice. Wanted to make everyone aware of this 'company policy' which I think is a disgrace.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it shocking that anybody would refuse collection tins for the Poppy Appeal never mind major companies such as these. Shameful.

In the bookies they'd need to sit out infront of the desk, they'd be easy meet for junkies to rob,

I don't think I've ever seen collection tins in a bookies.

Also the Louden @ Ibrox didn't have any poppy tins when I was in before Dunfermline game..... boycott??

Maybe they weren't offered them? It's up to individual area distributors to distribute the tins to the shops, Louden may have been missed. Also, Ladbrokes and Coral at mine have collection tins for other charities but wouldn't take ones for the Poppy Appeal, I just thought it was pretty low.

Maybe they weren't offered them? It's up to individual area distributors to distribute the tins to the shops, Louden may have been missed. Also, Ladbrokes and Coral at mine have collection tins for other charities but wouldn't take ones for the Poppy Appeal, I just thought it was pretty low.

Totally agree that to turn down the offer of a collection box is low.

Corals charity is McMillan and changes yearly. Can we go back to being offended by Tims and not nonsense like this?

Why are you being offended by Sellick fans? Who cares about them anyway? Don't see how this is nonsense mate, to say I am annoyed is an understatement.

Your offended by companies having exclusive deals to raise for one charity over a fixed period? Think you should relax a little! All the bookies had the two minute silence today as far as i am aware hardly anti remembrance.

Your offended by companies having exclusive deals to raise for one charity over a fixed period? Think you should relax a little! All the bookies had the two minute silence today as far as i am aware hardly anti remembrance.

Did I say that? I think you'll find the answer to that is no. What is it to them having an extra can to collect money on their desk for only 1 month?? I was told that's company policy, which is wrong to refuse me giving them Poppy Appeal tins.