*** Official 2013/4 Winter Ashes Thread ***

Creampuff

I wonder if Australia will go unchanged at the WACA. There's a pretty big gap between this test and the 4th, so if Ryan Harris plays here there's a good chance he'll play the full series. Barring injury, I don't think James Pattinson or Mitchell Starc will return in this series.

I'd imagine they will. Unless Harris is feeling it, there's no need to change a winning side.

Thinking about the four innings England have batted so far, I think after this series Cook should seriously consider relinquishing the captaincy.

His concern as captain is starting to have an effect on his batting, and I think his captaincy is fairly average anyway. I wouldn't mind seeing James Anderson take over. Prior is the VC, but he has enough problems trying to keep his spot.

Anderson or Broad for me.

I wrote a blog a month ago, I predicted 2- 1 England (lol) but did say it could end 2-2..........

Thats the spirit....No Surrender.

I predicted 3-1 for England.doh.

Great wee article by Adam Gilchrist in the " i " paper today and he is spot on regarding the attitude of this England team. A whitewash will happen if they dont "turn up" imo. All credit to Lehmann he has instilled a real hunger and desire in the Aussies which together with their skill has left England looking pretty pish poor.

I reckon England will go Bresnan ahead of Finn, probably dropping Monty.

Australia haven't named their squad yet, which makes me think Harris is struggling to make this one. If he's really struggling it'll probably be Bollinger or Coulter-Nile who replaces him.

Bollinger is a better bowler than Coulter-Nile, but though he's raw, Coulter-Nile is quick. Very quick.

I would move bell to 3 then move root to 5 imo it adds strength to the opners

Tbh I would move cook also but that ain't gonna happen.

Root seems to be playing Johnson and the new ball well, I wouldn't risk Johnson bowling a fresh one at my best player.

Cook will bat where he bats for as long as he cares to bat there haha.

If Harris doesn't play, the Coulter-Nile vs Bollinger debate is pretty interesting.

Bollinger has an excellent bowling average at test level, whereas ACN is untested. Bollinger offers fuck all with the bat, ACN is a potentially handy lower order knock. ACN is FAST, which could be huge on this pitch.

The key could be fitness. It'll be five hot days on a bouncy wicket, and Bollinger's lack of general fitness could see him collapse midway through. That shouldn't be an issue for the younger, fresher ACN. Bollinger is probably less likely to come in and fuck up though.

I'd go ACN, unless there's a real issue with his form/action. He bowls a nice length for the WACA's carry. He'll get Haddin/Slips plenty of catching chances.