VB investigated according to DR

Bad Robot

Didnt stop plod, team handed, wading into the UB at Ibrox last season.

Seems to me more like they have been told to police the scum with a different approach to every other football fan.

You could be right, but a couple of cases don't establish anything.

If the police have been told something along those lines it's because they know what we all do, that the taigs are fucking animals that can't be controlled by normal measures.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right, but a couple of cases don't establish anything.

If the police have been told something along those lines it's because they know what we all do, that the taigs are fucking animals that can't be controlled by normal measures.

Precisely. Different strokes for different folks.

Didnt stop plod, team handed, wading into the UB at Ibrox last season.

Seems to me more like they have been told to police the scum with a different approach to every other football fan.

Ha Ha.... supposedly.. We are still waiting on the UB putting up the proof of that. Police tried to remove a guy. UB tried to stop it and all left accusing the police of all sorts and not proving any of it. The trouble at Fir Park was a dammed site worse.

Ha Ha.... supposedly.. We are still waiting on the UB putting up the proof of that. Police tried to remove a guy. UB tried to stop it and all left accusing the police of all sorts and not proving any of it. The trouble at Fir Park was a dammed site worse.

Ha Ha....

Aye nae bother. I watched it happening. Were you at that game?

Dude will no doubt answer for himself D'Art, but I was thinking about this last night.

I concluded, just guesswork mind, that such decisions are probably made by the match commander or similar. It's clearly a complex operational decision for the police, the wrong decision could lead to a riot and all the consequences that follow.

So whether quick intervention is likely to end or aggravate a tense situation must be quite a tough judgement call. I have no way of knowing whether they made the right call on the night.

What do you think?

A number of considerations M.

I would echo the dangers you highlighted of a riot developing for intervening in fairly minor scale criminal conduct. At the end of the day the Police are present at football matches to ensure public safety.

I can see when there are no direct victims (and please dont anyone suggest Im attempting to minimalise anything) such as naughty singing that the retrospective use of cctv evidence is the best way to tackle such conduct.

However when there is ongoing damage to property Im not quite convinced this is the best way to tackle it. Furthermore where is the line drawn between intervention and retrospective enquiry ? ie what if an individual was being attacked ?

I would echo the dangers you highlighted of a riot developing for intervening in fairly minor scale criminal conduct. At the end of the day the Police are present at football matches to ensure public safety.

I can see when there are no direct victims (and please dont anyone suggest Im attempting to minimalise anything) such as naughty singing that the retrospective use of cctv evidence is the best way to tackle such conduct.

However when there is ongoing damage to property Im not quite convinced this is the bast way to tackle it. Furthermore where is the line drawn between intervention and retrospective enquiry ? ie what if an individual was being attacked ?

If it escalates to the point where people are being attacked then they must step in.

If it escalates to the point where people are being attacked then they must step in.

That was probably a pretty stupid hypothetical I made there Dude - I think that is probably obvious.

How about though if there were young children near to where all that vandalism etc was ongoing - would that warrant intervention ?

That was probably a pretty stupid hypothetical I made there Dude - I think that is probably obvious.

How about though if there were young children near to where all that vandalism etc was ongoing - would that warrant intervention ?

Again, it would depend on the risk to them and others around. It wouldn't be unfair to suggest that there was children nearby on Friday.

However when there is ongoing damage to property Im not quite convinced this is the best way to tackle it. Furthermore where is the line drawn between intervention and retrospective enquiry ? ie what if an individual was being attacked ?

I presume if people were considered to be in danger the balance of action would change. However it may have only been property involved, but had it been my property I would have been fuming to see police basically observing.

It would be interesting to know what input, if any, the clubs had to police tactics.