Club Metro: Boycott is only option

DonegalBear

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A load of nonsense. I don't know any fans who think we should abandon the club. Anyone who wants a vote just needs to buy some shares like many of us did. Keep on supporting the team and we will be back where we belong in a season & a half. We have this league wrapped up. Next year we are bound to get some hard games to test the lads then we can get down to business beating the teams that matter, i.e.: the ones who voted us out of the SPL.

You cant do that.

The reason RM is a better forum than FF is because RM always allows free speech.

We don't ban people on here just because they have a different opinion no matter, as in this case, how deluded that opinion is.

There is no dictatorship on RM.

Yes I get that

Was only talking ideally

Rally for your boycott outside Ibrox where it actually matters and base it on the facts you get from the fans who can attend most games and see where that gets you?

My opinion would be casualty as a boycott is not an option and although i and probably most others agree about shockbridge your article is nonsense.

Again I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick, I didn't say boycott season ticket sales(yet). I said to boycott this season and when stadiums are getting emptier the worry of no ST money will force change IMO.

Does this not punish the players rather than the board?

Rangers fans are welcome, we don't ban posters for their opinions and we don't have a party line for posters to follow. That is how it is, and that's how it always will be, at least as long as I'm Admin.

Regarding the rest of the thread, everyone please cut out the personal abuse and debate the topic.

To be fair though BP.....is this really an opinion or is it a damaging attempt to convince others to boycott....the poster in question has a very questionable posting history and these types of threads attract all sorts of undesirables trying to undermine the club!

The last two years as a Rangers supporter of over 45 years have been horrendous,from admin ,constant board changes,constant infighting and the Scottish media trying to blame all that is wrong with the game in this country on our club. Now we have a democratically elected board who must now be given time to ensure that our club is run properly to ensure that when we return to the top division we are in a strong position to challenge Celtic. This talk of boycotts is utter nonsense and if acted upon will only bring more misery to the club and supporters. It is now time to move forward on and off the pitch and do all that we can to ensure that we are ready to reclaim our posi

"get what we want".

Even if it doesnt follow due process.

Even if it clearly doesnt reflect the view of a considerable majority whose views on matters are yet to be gauged properly.

Even if it severely damages the club which they claim to love.

But so long as you get what you want....

spot on D.

The last two years as a Rangers supporter of over 45 years have been horrendous,from admin ,constant board changes,constant infighting and the Scottish media trying to blame all that is wrong with the game in this country on our club. Now we have a democratically elected board who must now be given time to ensure that our club is run properly to ensure that when we return to the top division we are in a strong position to challenge Celtic. This talk of boycotts is utter nonsense and if acted upon will only bring more misery to the club and supporters. It is now time to move forward on and off the pitch and do all that we can to ensure that we are ready to reclaim our position as the best in Scotland.

Is this guy for real, works weekends, has money issues, doesn't go to many games.

Using your formula, I would say you don't go to any games, therefore you won't be missed.

I, me, my Mother's youngest, chose to be a Rangers fan and I choose to buy a ST, merchandise etc., so don't you ever tell me what to do.

There are many jokes/references about Irish and being thick, and you are a 1st class example of that.

To be fair though BP.....is this really an opinion or is it a damaging attempt to convince others to boycott....the poster in question has a very questionable posting history and these types of threads attract all sorts of undesirables trying to undermine the club!

How do I have a questionable posting history? I've made no secret of the fact I rarely use RM other than to post my articles from The Metro. I knew a lot of people would disagree with me but it's just my opinion. I would love if there was no need for a boycott, but IMO there is.

Is this guy for real, works weekends, has money issues, doesn't go to many games.

Using your formula, I would say you don't go to any games, therefore you won't be missed.

I, me, my Mother's youngest, chose to be a Rangers fan and I choose to buy a ST, merchandise etc., so don't you ever tell me what to do.

There are many jokes/references about Irish and being thick, and you are a 1st class example of that.

A bit of casual racism is accepted on this board as well now is it? Pathetic.

Again I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick, I didn't say boycott season ticket sales(yet). I said to boycott this season and when stadiums are getting emptier the worry of no ST money will force change IMO.

From what I have read on another forum, the boycotters don't want to give the money to the board (they don't want their money stolen, teir words not mine). I think doing that will cost regular people and maybe some players their jobs. There has even been talk of action taken at the Boxing day Game.

That's apparently the point. Starve the club of much needed cashflow, that'll bring about board change... and maybe admin mk ii.

I don't mean to keep banging on about what's said on other websites but there does seem to be an opinion from a few that almost sounds like they'd welcome admin 2 simply because it could get rid of the current board.

From what I have read on another forum, the boycotters don't want to give the money to the board (they don't want their money stolen, teir words not mine). I think doing that will cost regular people and maybe some players their jobs. There has even been talk of action taken at the Boxing day Game.

This is it, I think directors have been paid too much at times but if they were stealing all the cash then how are other staff getting paid?

How do I have a questionable posting history? I've made no secret of the fact I rarely use RM other than to post my articles from The Metro. I knew a lot of people would disagree with me but it's just my opinion. I would love if there was no need for a boycott, but IMO there is.

It's complete nonsense.....boycotting achieves nothing positive and will see our best players sold, prices rise, investors will be put off and we will generate more negativity around our club! If you want to make a change you do so in a democratic and professional manner.....how you can feel justified committing that article to print is beyond me!

Great read as always d'art.....it's a really important point aswell because those threatening to boycott/starve them out should take heed of the short and long term damage that could do to the club! Below is the sensible approach to take and the only course if action that would affect change without damaging the club you 'claim' to love.....

My position is we give the board 120 days to put their plan in place....at that stage it is important to get consultation with the fans (predominantly season ticket holders) if things aren't moving forward then the investors should be made aware of the dissatisfaction via professional means! If things still don't improve then credible candidates must be sought (the murrays need not apply) and an EGM should be proposed! Throwing the toys out the pram and boycotting is not the way to affect positive change!

I don't mean to keep banging on about what's said on other websites but there does seem to be an opinion from a few that almost sounds like they'd welcome admin 2 simply because it could get rid of the current board.

Some think if we go into Admin after Rangers are so many points ahead of the league we can still go up even after points deducted as a penalty.

I think it would give the powers that be a chance to send us back down and we would also not be getting into Europe anytime soon.

My position is we give the board 120 days to put their plan in place....at that stage it is important to get consultation with the fans (predominantly season ticket holders) if things aren't moving forward then the investors should be made aware of the dissatisfaction via professional means! If things still don't improve then credible candidates must be sought (the murrays need not apply) and an EGM should be proposed! Throwing the toys out the pram and boycotting is not the way to affect positive change!

Bang on Kev....... (tu)

Some think if we go into Admin after Rangers are so many points ahead of the league we can still go up even after points deducted as a penalty.

I think it would give the powers that be a chance to send us back down and we would also not be getting into Europe anytime soon.

Not to mention the cuts and job losses, we'd be lucky to survive in the second tier.