Has Jim Traynor pitched up anywhere yet?

pcbear

Apologies if he has and its common knowledge, but I was just wondering where or what his next move was/is.

What a damp squib he turned out for us, I thought he would have been much more vocal and active given his previous radio/newspaper offerings.

He was hired to ensure that he wasn't vocal on the radio or in the newspaper. Any sign of that book he was writing for Chas?

Apologies if he has and its common knowledge, but I was just wondering where or what his next move was/is.

What a damp squib he turned out for us, I thought he would have been much more vocal and active given his previous radio/newspaper offerings.

He wasn't allowed to be more vocal

The minute media house came in he was fucked

Not sure if it was you that mentioned this in another thread a while ago but he had months to prove himself before Jack Irvine was back at Rangers. He did nothing then and did less when Irvine was in place. He was bloody useless.

The man came to Rangers to work for Rangers for the betterment of Rangers and all he got was the usual grief from the ubers.

When he realised how we were being shafted by all and sundry he spoke up, all the rest have just toed the SPL, SPFL, SFA, Scottish press, Liewell, party line.

Good luck to him and his, at least he had the balls to call those cowards out.

I hope he has a release from confidentiality date and he can soon remove the gag!!!

I thought JT would be a good signing.

Don't know the ins and out but from what I believe it was not his remit to defend the club via the press. More of the communications side and I think there has been an improvement in the likes of our website and live games for those that can get access to them.

I do wish his remit was fighting for us because when he did , it was worth a read.

He was brought in to overhaul the clubs communications department, he wasn't just a mouthpiece, employed to rail against every perceived slight against the club.

People seem to think he failed in his role because he was quiet on a few issues, he worked at the behest of the board, maybe he was restricted by the board in making a case against those who sought to harm us.

He was certainly restricted in doing his job by a man who couldn't keep his mouth shut (CG), constantly having to firefight against all the fall-out from Greens often inappropriate or outlandish comments.

He then had to deal with the interference from MediaHouse, who seemed to issue statements that should have been crafted by Traynor but were, no doubt, released without his knowledge.

With the turmoil around his role, how is he supposed to perform the duties of his job?

He was brought in to overhaul the clubs communications department, he wasn't just a mouthpiece, employed to rail against every perceived slight against the club.

People seem to think he failed in his role because he was quiet on a few issues, he worked at the behest of the board, maybe he was restricted by the board in making a case against those who sought to harm us.

He was certainly restricted in doing his job by a man who couldn't keep his mouth shut (CG), constantly having to firefight against all the fall-out from Greens often inappropriate or outlandish comments.

He then had to deal with the interference from MediaHouse, who seemed to issue statements that should have been crafted by Traynor but were, no doubt, released without his knowledge.

With the turmoil around his role, how is he supposed to perform the duties of his job?

I think you have summed it up brilliantly.