Jim Sinclair

cameron1873

club statement.......

The Academy has made a significant return to the club by producing many graduates from the Academy to the 1st team since it opened at Murray Park in 2001.

Most importantly the Academy has provided players to the 1st team who have contributed to successful championship and cup winning sides as well as competing at the highest level in the Europa League and the Champions League.

Since 2001 these Academy graduates have amassed in excess of 1450 appearances. This appearance total has been generated by 41 Academy players who have entered the field of play for the 1st team in competitive matches.

This contribution can also be measured financially with almost £13 million being generated from the sale of Academy graduates and significant salary savings when a young player replaces a first team player in the squad, thought to be in the region of £14 million.

In addition it is estimated that £10 million pounds worth of Academy produced talent left the club during the administration period and that the value of the current Academy graduates in the 1st team may be in the region of £3 million.

This would make the total financial benefit produced by the Academy in the region of £40 million over the 12 year period.

Rangers Academy has also made a significant contribution to Scottish Football as in the 12 year period, 8 full Scotland internationals have been produced, while in excess of 20 players have played for Scotland U21s.

Indeed Rangers continue to make a significant contribution to the national teams with more than 25 Rangers Academy players involved in the Scotland international youth teams in the last year.

The success of the Academy in recent years can be measured by the fact that in the last five seasons alone 20 Academy developed players have made their 1st team debuts during which time the club has won 3 SPL championships, 1 SFL 3 Championship, 1 Scottish Cup and 2 League Cups.

These players are as follows: Lewis Macleod, Fraser Aird, Barrie McKay, Chris Hegarty, Robbie Crawford, Rhys McCabe, Andy Mitchell, Kane Hemmings, Thomas Kind Bendiksen, Ross Perry, Darren Cole, Jamie Ness, Kyle Hutton, Gregg Wylde, Andrew Little, Jordan McMillan, John Fleck, Danny Wilson, Andrew Murdoch, Tom Walsh and Danny Stoney.

Some other high profile Academy graduates include full internationals, goalkeeper Allan McGregor, defender Alan Hutton, midfielders Chris Burke and Charlie Adam and striker Ross McCormack who all continue to feature for national team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, where do I start with this.

The whole youth coaching system at Rangers is a shambles and has been for several years. The son of a close relative of mine was at Rangers for many years until recently when he moved to the yahoo's. He say's that there is huge gulf in the coaching methods or, in Rangers case, lack of method. I have been involved in youth football for years and I know of several coaches ( Rangers fans) who actively encourage kids in their teams to avoid going to Rangers. There is a culture of fear, intimidation and bullying which has been allowed to fester for years and shows no sign of abating.

I recently spoke to a well known agent/coach who was utterly scathing of the coaching of our kids. Rangers kids have only occasionally been invited to tournaments of any note whilst the yahoo's are invited to the top international tournaments.

It breaks my heart to see what is still going on with the kids. We should pull out all the stops and poach the head of youth development at Dundee hibs.

If anyone is in any doubt as to the problems with Auchenhowie,get yourself in there to watch a youth team and you will be gobsmacked at the lack of professionalism.It really is THAT bad.

Fuck me, where do I start with this.

The whole youth coaching system at Rangers is a shambles and has been for several years. The son of a close relative of mine was at Rangers for many years until recently when he moved to the yahoo's. He say's that there is huge gulf in the coaching methods or, in Rangers case, lack of method. I have been involved in youth football for years and I know of several coaches ( Rangers fans) who actively encourage kids in their teams to avoid going to Rangers. There is a culture of fear, intimidation and bullying which has been allowed to fester for years and shows no sign of abating.

I recently spoke to a well known agent/coach who was utterly scathing of the coaching of our kids. Rangers kids have only occasionally been invited to tournaments of any note whilst the yahoo's are invited to the top international tournaments.

It breaks my heart to see what is still going on with the kids. We should pull out all the stops and poach the head of youth development at Dundee hibs.

If anyone is in any doubt as to the problems with Auchenhowie,get yourself in there to watch a youth team and you will be gobsmacked at the lack of professionalism.It really is THAT bad.

Funny you mention bullying ... I heard from someone who's son was there at the time that Chalmers and John Brown were famous for it with youngsters at Ibrox.

Jim Sinclair and the rest of the back room team should have been punted long ago.

We need a total overhaul which should have been done right after admin.But we didn`t because Ally was bullet proof.

We are now 2 years behind where we should have been in respect to club setup.

Is opinion changing on this guy?

My understanding was that the majority on here hold the opinion that this guy is a waste of space and is only in his job because he is Allys mate. However, it seems opinion must be shifting as in near enough every thread you will find people mentioning that Ally is not giving all our exciting youth players a chance. Something does not seem to add up as nobody would just be using the youth player argument against McCoist just because they don't like the guy as a manager :pipe: .

If you look at the facts it is arguable that he seems to be providing results.

Sinclair joined us in 2006, however, imo someone in his position cannot be truly judged until 5+ years into the job as this gives him enough time to implement his ideas and then see the fruit of his labour. But lets be critical and say all players coming through from 2010 onwards have played under his methods long enough to have an influence on them. That would include players such as Jamie Ness, Rhys McCabe, Barrie Mckay, Lewis Macleod, Fraser Aird, Robbie Crawford and Danny Wilson(made debut in 2009 but would of been 14 when Sinclair joined which I feel is young enough for him to have an influence on thats why I have included him). The names in bold are the ones that I feel were/are players that were/are good enough to developed into really good players. That works out at about 1 player a year which is a very good ratio. I think most clubs would try and aim for that or at least 1 player of decent quality every 2 years.

What about future prospects that people seem to demand are giving there chance because of there promising performances in the u20's. Players like Tom Walsh, Luca Gasparotto, Danny Stoney, Andrew Murdoch, Greg Pascazio, Charlie Telfer and probably a few more. Out of them I expect 1 or 2 to make a real push for the 1st team and hopefully make it. Add into that with comments from people like Neil Warnock that said our u14s (I think it was that age group) are some of the best he has seen in the UK the future does seem to be quite promising .

Obviously there are things we need to still improve on but is Jim Sinclair really as bad as made out?

You tell them Jim!

Absolutely 100%!!!

The guy should be long gone. The number of players that cannot stand his bullying ways is unbelievable, numerous haven't and won't sign new contracts purely down him and Billy Kirkwood is shocking.

Needs to leave asap....average coach, always picks his favourites and last but not least, a bully.

Either our youth system isn't up to scratch for the money invested in it OR the management at the club's senior team isn't up to scratch for making use of this asset?

Perhaps even both.

To me it seems bizarre that we seem to have spent more on this aspect of our club than Arsenal and similar to Ajax yet we consistently see our best produce leave the club for peanuts while the dross hangs about for years going no where.

The youth system should be the primary focus of this club and if fruits aren't produced/played then those responsible for that waste of money/resources should be hunted.

Its one or t'other or both.

I think everyone is in the same mindset that ally needs to use our rise to the top to bring in more youth players. I mean we are miles ahead in the league so let's blood more players- even if we have 4 or 5 youngsters in the starting 11 surely they have enough quality to beat league 1 opposition? Yes it may not always be pretty but we are in the enviable position of being able to blood youngsters with impacting our rise to the top. Think feyenoord, they were in exactly the same position as us and used it as an opportunity to stabilise and build for the future. Unfortunately I think ally is of the opinion that we can only progress by playing majority experienced players

I know that there was a serious bullying abusive culture, both physical and verbal, under Walter first time round and I would have hoped that the Dutch influence would stop that but,like others I heard tales about bomber later and last year again hearing similar about the present regime and not restricted to the youth coaches.

I didn't know he had a login for here.

Where as he must have had some input to these players, almost all the players you mention were already at Rangers before he came and were of a standard that even he couldn't possibly release them. Quite a few others never survived his cull and are now playing first team football and being selected for international squads.We landed lucky with McKay, Aird and Gasparotto and having seen most of their trial games it was a no brainer decision in signing all three, the other Canadian player was Brandon John who I believe is now with FC Erzgebirge Aue in Germany. From your list only Andy Murdoch and Greg Pascazio were scouted and signed by him.

George Scott, Darren McGill, Callum McConnell, Marc Dyer, Callum Wylie, Robert McLardie, Ryan Smith, Nathan Gallagher, Regan Milne. Most of you are saying who ? These are just some of the players he paid a fee for and released without giving a pro contract.

I don't know how much he gets paid, but I am sure its more than any manager out with the top division and significantly more then the HOY at every other club bar one. Do you really think we are getting value for money ?

If you really want to see his influence get up to Murray Park and watch the standard and style of play the U15's and U17's are asked to play.

I didn't know he had a login for here.

Where as he must have had some input to these players, almost all the players you mention were already at Rangers before he came and were of a standard that even he couldn't possibly release them. Quite a few others never survived his cull and are now playing first team football and being selected for international squads.We landed lucky with McKay, Aird and Gasparotto and having seen most of their trial games it was a no brainer decision in signing all three, the other Canadian player was Brandon John who I believe is now with FC Erzgebirge Aue in Germany. From your list only Andy Murdoch and Greg Pascazio were scouted and signed by him.

George Scott, Darren McGill, Callum McConnell, Marc Dyer, Callum Wylie, Robert McLardie, Ryan Smith, Nathan Gallagher, Regan Milne. Most of you are saying who ? These are just some of the players he paid a fee for and released without giving a pro contract.

I don't know how much he gets paid, but I am sure its more than any manager out with the top division and significantly more then the HOY at every other club bar one. Do you really think we are getting value for money ?

If you really want to see his influence get up to Murray Park and watch the standard and style of play the U15's and U17's are asked to play.

My mates boy plays for the 15's..

He detests Jim Sinclair..