The matches these days

RFC55

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At dunfermline, all sorts of Loyalist was started from the back. The fact is, as unfortunate as it may be, 90% of it just did not catch on with the support and 'ole ole shite' was started from the front and caught on brilliantly.

At dunfermline, all sorts of Loyalist was started from the back. The fact is, as unfortunate as it may be, 90% of it just did not catch on with the support and 'ole ole shite' was started from the front and caught on brilliantly.

That's true but it doesn't make it any less depressing.

Exactly what l thought mate!

None of them create the same roar or intimidating atmosphere most of the Loyalist songs do though

Not even close

Very true mate , the billy boys in particular had the stadium bouncing

Nowadays supporters don't know what to sing

I personally don't sing any songs now unless they are football related as its not worth being arrested over

I'm sure others are of the same opinion

I personally don't sing any songs now unless they are football related as its not worth being arrested over

Fair enough but I can't stress enough that Loyalist songs aren't illegal or even immoral. Obviously Billy Boys, Famine Song and references to the Pope aren't allowed.

Fair enough but I can't stress enough that Loyalist songs aren't illegal or even immoral. Obviously Billy Boys, Famine Song and references to the Pope aren't allowed.

There's just so much confusion now though that nobody knows

When you hear of guys at the last airdrie game being marched out the house in the early hours of the morning for signing songs being taped on camera , it's no wonder people keep quiet at games

A guy on my bus was arrested for signing up at Inverness and was in court a few months back.

He's 100% certain he never sang what they said he did but still had to go to prove his innocence and it cost him lawyers fees not to mention the ban from games and the worry of having a criminal record unjustly

There's just so much confusion now though that nobody knows

When you hear of guys at the last airdrie game being marched out the house in the early hours of the morning for signing songs being taped on camera , it's no wonder people keep quiet at games

A guy on my bus was arrested for signing up at Inverness and was in court a few months back.

He's 100% certain he never sang what they said he did but still had to go to prove his innocence and it cost him lawyers fees not to mention the ban from games and the worry of having a criminal record unjustly

More of a reason to sing loud and proud IMO - take it and fight it if they try it.

I done it in court with 3 lying bastard coppers about 10 years ago when I got the jail at Parkhead ... I wonder if they are stuck behind a desk or something now as a result.

The Billy Boys may have had the stadium bouncing but it also was well on the way to Rangers being "bounced" out of the game.

Why is it so difficult for some to see that type of song is no longer deemed acceptable and the SFA and UEFA do not give a toss about the fans "right" to celebrate their history and culture. Nor do they care that the word fenian actually relates to a particular group of rebels rather than a religion.

Fans who want to sing the BBs are every bit as stupid as the republican mhob from the east who think it is ok to glorify terrorists. You simply are not going to win the argument.

There are other songs that can be sang without comeback so just stick to them.