Big Share Transaction

Really? I'd say it made good business sense personally

As I said, not always. My mate did the very same thing with RBS, couldn't lose...right? ;)

I agree in this case it probably is though, well it bloody better be or we are in serious trouble. Personally my slight worry would be why someone who could have sold at 91p choose to sell at 24p. Perhaps he was just happy with the profit he did make.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, not always. My mate did the very same thing with RBS, couldn't lose...right? ;)

I agree in this case it probably is though, well it bloody better be or we are in serious trouble. Personally my slight worry would be why someone who could have sold at 91p choose to sell at 24p. Perhaps he was just happy with the profit he did make.

The reality is though that nobody would have bought 2.2m at 91p.

Just a thought but people have said that Dave King was willing to buy at 25p so its possible that Hughes had a big Sell order sitting waiting on someone swallowing it up and when it hit 24p, King or AN other swooped. (tu)

The reality is though that nobody would have bought 2.2m at 91p.

Just a thought but people have said that Dave King was willing to buy at 25p so its possible that Hughes had a big Sell order sitting waiting on someone swallowing it up and when it hit 24p, King or AN other swooped. (tu)

True, certainly an artificial price, there would have been suitors in between that though surely. You aren't going to tell me Charles Green/Murray could get such respected institutional investors to part with circa 70p per share if the true value is in fact closer to 30p or 40p.

when someone sells, there is not always a buyer and vice versa. market makers hold the shares and buy and sell when they want to make profit. so if I sell 1m shares in asda, it doesn't automatically mean that someone has bought them. the market maker has them and sells accordingly when someone wants to buy

when someone sells, there is not always a buyer and vice versa. market makers hold the shares and buy and sell when they want to make profit. so if I sell 1m shares in asda, it doesn't automatically mean that someone has bought them. the market maker has them and sells accordingly when someone wants to buy

(tu) almost certainly what has happened in the case.

Why mention that he is holding them? we know he is, so what's the point in stating that unless there is an issue with it? not having a go mate but there are some who will attack the manager for anything off the field as well as on, it's getting tiring.

See, you can read things different from someone else always, i wasna having a go at Ally, far from it, he bloody deserved them for the way he stood up for us at our lowest, it was just that he was the only guy now left with penny shares (tu)

Richards Hughes, the co-founder of small-cap broker Zeus Capital, has sold his entire 3.38% shareholding in Rangers FC (LON:RFC).

The investor was key in the takeover of the Ibrox club in February 2012 and dumped his 2.2mln shares.

He was embroiled in a tax scandal in 2012 when it emerged HMRC were investigating 17 firms he set up for tax evasion.

Since joining AIM in December 2012 at 70p a share, Rangers stock has more than halved to 28p.

It comes amid more cuts at the cash-strapped club, which is undergoing a review of the business to make savings wherever possible.

Manager Ally McCoist has been told he will have to trim the wage bill, which currently stands at £6-7mln a year.

Rangers shares dipped 0.9% to 28.25p each on Wednesday.