Auchenhowie

stewaj3

I'd like to think that the CEO and Board are looking at the asset to see what can be done to generate more revenue from it. I've never been to (onloy flown over it) is so can't really judge its scale and I don't know if Rangers also own any of the land adjacent to it. But if it did not need to be the size it currently is could a smaller facility achieve the same outcomes in terms of quality of training and of churining out young players who turn out to be first team regulars or stars and / or who are moved on for good transfer prices. If a smaller facility would do substantially the same job then query whether land released at Auchenbowie could then be used for private development and generate a rental income stream. For example could that area benefit from a mini-Tescos? I'm assuming the Board will be looking at all ways to make more money out of the facility so that it more than pays its way.

Ask the players and they would say it would benefit from a mini Nando's

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some are missing the point here, the op was wrong to think that we should sell it but the board want to save money in the short term, the leagues all but won Auchenhowie costs money to run, we could save some money by mothballing it till the start of next season, it's only an idea, if anyone else has some let's here them....forby the obvious board taking cuts.

get to fuck with this pish this is exactly the inbred backwards attitude that many at Rangers have that would destroy us as a football club; YOUTH IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD!, get that into your inbred heads, Not to mention if we trained in some local park then hardly any good players would join us these days a big club needs a top quality training facility.

So I reiterate get to fuck (tu)

Totally agree we are not a second class club we are a world beating club and we need the facilities to go with our status. Auchenhowie will be needed to bring on our young players to get us back to where we belong. Instead of going on these press conferences and talking pish our manager should be telling the support and the world of his vision for the future and his plans for our youth. WATP

No way should we be getting rid of Auchenhowie. Perhaps we should be looking at the youth system as a whole and re-jigging it from the top to the bottom. A youth policy should be at the forefront of all future plans, not blowing millions on players with only a season or two left in them.

The facility is under underused ; players should be training and improving skills for longer than a couple of hours a day.

A sensible youth system needs to be put in place with an end product aligned with a management willing to use and encourage the idea that players coming through really will be given a genuine chance of a run at the first team.

The facility is under underused ; players should be training and improving skills for longer than a couple of hours a day.

A sensible youth system needs to be put in place with an end product aligned with a management willing to use and encourage the idea that players coming through really will be given a genuine chance of a run at the first team.

You seriously cannot expect guys on thousands of pounds a week to train for more than 45 minutes a day.

What a stupid topic this is!

Anyone who thinks we should move back to training in public parks need their heads examined.

Murray Park is a world class facility for both the first team and youth academy.

If anything we should invest more in the youth coaches and spend less on a squad we dont need at present.

What a stupid topic this is!

Anyone who thinks we should move back to training in public parks need their heads examined.

Murray Park is a world class facility for both the first team and youth academy.

If anything we should invest more in the youth coaches and spend less on a squad we dont need at present.

Murray Park eh? I much prefer Auchenhowie tbh.

Going forward the ONLY strategy for us will be to get good potential in cheaply, develop it, and sell at a profit.

Auchenhowie will be crucial to that.

So too will be having coaches and a manager in place to facilitate this development. And this is what the board need to address.

It doesn't have to always be youth, but do always need to be of age to have a potential future sell on. This will be the biggest change in strategy in my lifetime. But it is critical. We are fortunate to have Auchenhowie and must keep it.

Most kids I know love to play football but have nowhere to play it.

I had the same problem, still do to some extent. You can't get a pitch to play football on without paying, the 5-a-side pitches near me cost between £30 and £40 for an hour to book: what kind of person would pay that?

We need to be providing free, safe places to play football if we want to make it grow in Scotland again, there's fuck all facilities for kids.

This, it's a joke around glasgow, nowhere for kids to go unless they are paying a fortune for it

This. Fans place too much reliance on bringing through Youth, it's an ideal, but it's also a fantasy as simply the raw core talent is not there in this country.

Shudder to say it, but 'that other mobs' strategy in player recruitment, development, and squad is the blueprint for how Rangers are going to need to be. We need to do similar to what they are doing, and do it better than them.

Currently, despite having all the tools there at Auchenhowie, I've no faith that we have the coaches, scouts and desire to do this.

No point in Keeping it then .Is there?

It costs no less than £12 million a year before a ball is kicked to service and run Ibrox and Auchenhowie, we need Ibrox... the holiday camp that is Auchenhowie is a luxury the club cannot at this time afford.

They account for £12 million of expenditure alone no mystery where the money has gone or goes.

It costs no less than £12 million a year before a ball is kicked to service and run Ibrox and Auchenhowie, we need Ibrox... the holiday camp that is Auchenhowie is a luxury the club cannot at this time afford.

They account for £12 million of expenditure alone no mystery where the money has gone or goes.

If you can explain how it cost £12m to run I would be very interested. Murray Park only cost £14m to build!

The running costs of Murray Park not including staff will be no more than £1m. Ibrox £2m estimate. What costs are there apart from Council Rates, Heat & Light, General Maintenance, Water Rates, Security, relayin the pitch once a year!

Murray Park is no bigger than a 5 football pitches, one indoor and a gym complex. Bloody huge industrial buildings with equipment worth millions dont cost over £4m to run!