Ally McCoist admits summer signing spree unintentionally increased Ibrox finance

Bothwellbear

I don't think his status as club legend will ever be affected but that's the issue with the Ally Fanboys that they don't dis-associate him as a player with his failings as a manager. In some respects, he's had a lot to deal with that no previous manager has, apart from maybe McLeish when taking over Advocaat's side and told to reduce wages (on a different scale). However, on the other hand, him and peanut teeth are the luckiest Old Firm managers in history and have used their ability to have playing squads that VASTLY outweigh their opposition so there is no chance they will not win their respective leagues. This masks both of their inept tactical prowess.

I'm fed up with him giving interviews and trying to best mates with the mob that stick the knife in at every opportunity. If you don't know about the financial situation Ally then shut the f up and stick to footballing matters!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is beginning to erode my feelings for him as a player now. (tu)

Ive never thought he would be a good manager. He isnt a good manager. He is getting worse as a person as well. (tu)

He sooked up to Whyte....then slated him. He sooked up to Green.....then slated him.

I wish he actually would "walk away". :(

Made the exact same point yesterday Lawman.

He is beginning to erode my feelings for him as a player now. (tu)

Ive never thought he would be a good manager. He isnt a good manager. He is getting worse as a person as well. (tu)

He sooked up to Whyte....then slated him. He sooked up to Green.....then slated him.

I wish he actually would "walk away". :(

Wouldn't go that far but I am starting to get tired of having my intelligence insulted.

Its one thing from Green or the like, but from Ally? Naw, not fucking having it.

I don't think his status as club legend will ever be affected but that's the issue with the Ally Fanboys that they don't dis-associate him as a player with his failings as a manager. In some respects, he's had a lot to deal with that no previous manager has, apart from maybe McLeish when taking over Advocaat's side and told to reduce wages (on a different scale). However, on the other hand, him and peanut teeth are the luckiest Old Firm managers in history and have used their ability to have playing squads that VASTLY outweigh their opposition so there is no chance they will not win their respective leagues. This masks both of their inept tactical prowess.

I'm fed up with him giving interviews and trying to best mates with the mob that stick the knife in at every opportunity. If you don't know about the financial situation Ally then shut the f up and stick to footballing matters!

And the problem with the anti Ally brigade , they have tunnel vision , and ignore all the facts in order to put the boot in , its doesnt matter the point or subject the anti Ally brigade will turn it into a Ally bashing .

example .the financial woes of our club is the responsibility of the board , but some have an agenda and are deflecting the issue on to ALLY

Wouldn't go that far but I am starting to get tired of having my intelligence insulted.

Its one thing from Green or the like, but from Ally? Naw, not fucking having it.

Not saying that it'll ever stop him from being a player legend. More along the lines of five or so years down the line and someone says Ally McCoist. Will you think of him automatically as player legend, guy that stepped in at our time of need, or a more negative thought because of his time as manager. I'm well on the way to the latter unfortunately.

And the problem with the anti Ally brigade , they have tunnel vision , and ignore all the facts in order to put the boot in , its doesnt matter the point or subject the anti Ally brigade will turn it into a Ally bashing .

example .the financial woes of our club is the responsibility of the board , but some have an agenda and are deflecting the issue on to ALLY

What then is the manager responsible for? Apparently over paid and or dud signings arent down to him, he isnr going to be involved in trimming costs in the playing department, hes not exactly been quick to cut his pay or perks and has remained unhounded unlike Stockbridge who benefited significantly less, hes attacked the board but only when his own failings were getting too obvious, coaching is shambolic but its his mates that hes recruited.

What actually apart from soundbites does he take responsibility for?

So Ally is doing a good job? His flaws, if any, aren't significant? You see the potential that he will work with a significantly weakened squad and still lead us to the top of Scottish football?

What has he done that gives you this confidence? Genuinely don't see it as we come up against full time clubs, more experienced players and managers, and crucially the Mhanks.

Ally is not solely to blame. Far from it. But he does shoulder a significant blame. And I really can't see him succeeding going forward with the cuts and restrictions soon to be imposed given how poor the football has been until now. Especially with his poorly assembled squad ripped apart.

thats a fair post mate

of course Ally has to take some responsibility in the spending , and his bosses should have brought him to task over such signings .

and this where the board have to take responsibility for our financial woes

PREVIOUS POST..

of course Ally has to take some responsibility in the spending , and his bosses should have brought him to task over such signings .

and this where the board have to take responsibility for our financial woes ..THEY ARE RUNNING OR SHOULD BE RUNNING THE CLUB

and this is the bit that will prove easier said than done.

Almost nobody in our squad is going to get a better deal else where. Few have any significant transfer value either.

Personally I find it absolutely staggering Ally McCoist is claiming he didn't know he was bloating the playing budget, when most fans have been questioning the costs of it all, indeed I'd say it has been pretty obvious to all. Ally isn't an idiot, and is manager of Rangers, he really should know... it reeks of making excuses, and again comes across weak.

Getting sick of it all, why is it so difficult to have a normal football club! The pathway to go down is quite obvious, not saying it will be an easy journey, but there is an obvious path the club should be going down... yet we're not, nor even look like going down that road in the near future.

He din't care about the budget. He should have tried to help by identifying better, hungrier less expensive players.

If we cut rhe playing staff his mettle as a manager will ge tested, he will then have to do more with less.

Beelers like you who are raging that Alistair's shortcomings are being exposed by his actions and lack of them are part of the problem not the solution.

and this is the bit that will prove easier said than done.

Almost nobody in our squad is going to get a better deal else where. Few have any significant transfer value either.

Personally I find it absolutely staggering Ally McCoist is claiming he didn't know he was bloating the playing budget, when most fans have been questioning the costs of it all, indeed I'd say it has been pretty obvious to all. Ally isn't an idiot, and is manager of Rangers, he really should know... it reeks of making excuses, and again comes across weak.

Getting sick of it all, why is it so difficult to have a normal football club! The pathway to go down is quite obvious, not saying it will be an easy journey, but there is an obvious path the club should be going down... yet we're not, nor even look like going down that road in the near future.

Someone needs to grow a pair at Rangers and say fuck what Ally wants, fuck what his supporters want, this needs done and done quick.

From a financial perspective I honestly don't know what people actually wanted the manager to do. Should he not suggest more improvements to the squad? Should he not try to sign better players? It is so blatantly obvious that it is not his job to look after the allocation of finances that those who want to blame him for it look far from objective.

Blame him for performances, for results, for 11 back at corners but not the financial issues, it is just perverse.

Whether it be Ally fanboys or the Anti-Ally brigade, no one can deny his signing policy has been questionable to say the least. However, he was given the ok by the board at that time - who had no business plan in place (the mind boggles). Now, the board (specifically Wallace) are questioning this and rightly so. McCoist is partly to blame and the previous board members are partly to blame for giving him free rein. What McCoist needs to do now is stop trying to deflect the blame onto others.

It still doesn't explain the club haemorrhaging funds for the last 12months - of which the wages are only part.

Beelers like you who are raging that Alistair's shortcomings are being exposed by his actions and lack of them are part of the problem not the solution.

not at all , if Ally cant improve performances improve signings then he should go ...you see thats the difference from me and you i have no agenda ... my only complaint is the club is a shambles from board room level down , and some will deflect it all down to ALLY call it spin if you like

not at all , if Ally cant improve performances improve signings then he should go ...you see thats the difference from me and you i have no agenda ... my only complaint is the club is a shambles from board room level down , and some will deflect it all down to ALLY call it spin if you like

The difference is you put Alistair before the club. (tu)

I agree, he should be judged on his performance as manager, which to date has been poor - irrespective of the league results this year. The football is crap, the signing policy is crap, the long term plan is hopeless and making comments about not being an accountant and mentioning fag packets is an embarrassment.

I've already said the club is a shambles so lets get behind Wallace and let him sort the mess out. Ally should say the same, not start trying to deflect from himself.

It simply put ally had money to spend and he wasted it, like a bairn opening his piggy bank. Simple put ally thought he would he able to blow all the money put to him at once and still get more at ever window. Any manager with common sense would have thought wait a minute we ain't got much income cause of where we are, maybe save a little bit for the next window. In all of this the board and ally are at fault, the board for sanctioning all his wants, and ally for wanting to spend all his budget in one window

From a financial perspective I honestly don't know what people actually wanted the manager to do. Should he not suggest more improvements to the squad? Should he not try to sign better players? It is so blatantly obvious that it is not his job to look after the allocation of finances that those who want to blame him for it look far from objective.

Blame him for performances, for results, for 11 back at corners but not the financial issues, it is just perverse.

Really? After everything the club has been through the manager had no cause to fully ascertain the financial picture before going on his spending spree? Maybe he wasn't permitted. Interestingly though he makes reference to not really wanting to know, to being happy with fag box maths.

So Ally the true Rangers man on the inside protecting us from spivs blah blah had no interest in the finances, just the spending.

And yes he should look to have improved his squad, not just increase it. Within budget, reducing payroll, and with players with potential to develop and sell on at profit. Not Foster, Smith and Simonsen.

And is the board not in the process of sorting it out, they don't need ally to keep passing the buck every time he pulled up about finances, a simple reply would be is it ain't my department. But remember ally still spent the money thinking of only short term, that to me is a sign he world about his ability to put excellent displays on the park. Now remember ally said judge me on my new signings and how they perform, well they have performed badly this season, yeah we scored a lot of goals and won all league games apart from one, but that is down to the quality of opposition.