10 In A Row

minstral

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also remember some shocking referee's decisions against us during the run in, I will always believe the SFA were ready to do anything to block us from going 10 in a row to better the scum. AND since the scum count goals scored during the war years I also count titles so Rangers did NIAR first.

Was sitting last night thinking how we failed to win 10 in a row. We should have won it with our eyes shut when you think we had a six point lead after the first 2 games plus, plus we won the first old firm game.

Also Negri went into the huff, and we had to rely on Ally who i think was 35 years old. We sold Gazza, and lost to Aberdeen after beating the darkside, plus many other reasons, like spending a fortune, and still failed to win it. Still have nightmares about not winning the 10.

Circumstances too. Like you say we won first two games , they lost them , and we were ready to go play them away . I've no doubt we'd have beaten them and gone on for 10. Sadly Princess Di died and the game was played months later with the momentum lost.

He had to go, it was more a decision from the management and it was all down to his attitude and behaviour.

Yes I agree he had to go....at the end of the saeson! We had ten in a row and it was ll bodies to the pump. He may have swung 1 game that would have meant ten in a row. apalling decision

Walter should never have announced his intention to go midway through the season. Disrupted the dressing room imho.

This (tu) although Walter says he was effectivly sacked it still should of been kept private until after the season, that the Negri/Porrini stuff and too many players who just couldnt or wouldnt perform destroyed our 10 in a row chance.

Them winning 10 honestly wouldn't faze me. The first 4 of their titles, at least, have been without any competition.

A tainted record is what it would be.

Get a grip of yourself, I dont believe any true Rangers fan with a brain in their head would think that. Shocking, 10 in a row must be stopped....end of!

Which is why he should have went at the end of the season when 10 was delivered

Not defending minty here but Gazza was in a really bad way by that point i can see why we got rid and although he could still be a match winner on his day, his days were few and far between and his erratic behaviour and personal life was a constant embarresment to us.

Get a grip of yourself, I dont believe any true Rangers fan with a brain in their head would think that. Shocking, 10 in a row must be stopped....end of!

It's a tainted achievement. It's absolutely worthless. How can them 'winning' 10 be celebrated or even grieved about when they've had no competition for almost half of the 10 ?

1 - None of the new signings worked out except Negri for the 1st half of the season.

2 - We were conceding far too many goals.

Amo & McLaren both getting injured at the start of the season didn't help.

3 - We conceded 3 90th minute goals to Celtic, Kilmarnock & Dunfermline.

Don't concede 1 of those & we would still have won it.

4 - Others like Walter announcing he was leaving too early, Laudrup/Gazza not having same impact due to injury, 1 season too far for some & others being injured all didn't help.