It was actually a terrific game.

tannerall

Unless you are a Rangers fan.

I know we should be winning every game 4-0 or 5-0 with our full time players, large squad, better training facilities etc etc.

But from a neutral football viewpoint was a terrific game. 5 goals, advantage changing constantly, Arbroath still in it with chances at the finish.

Yet many left early.

Are we spoiled by previous succeses and standards which we cannot replicate till we have more investment and stronger opposition. Will we ever enjoy any game we dont win by 3 goals on our climb back to the Premier ?

At the end of the day it was a terrific football match. (And credit to Arbroath for their commitment from start to finish)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought 1st half was dire tbh.Things picked up a bit when Temps came on but Rangers supposed quality was shite.We won which i'm happy with but we were shit.A good team wouldve fucked us rotten.We need to step up our play if we're gonna do well in the Championship imo.

I understand the position you are saying, I did not enjoy a lot of what i saw today, while Arbroath did put up stiff opposition I was concerned at the culpability of our players during this game, while I recognise Ally has to take some flak for the tactics, some of our players really don't seem to be doing the most basic things right, like, passing, marking, crossing and some of the tackles are woeful, it was good to secure 3 points and we did show a resilience that is familiar to Rangers but I will expect much better soon. ( although after seeing the Dunfermline score ) I am becoming slightly calmer now :thumbup:

Jesus .Standards have fallen so low some think that was entertainment ? I'd much rather watch paint dry with a pint and a heat .

Of course standards have fallen we play in the 3rd tier of the Scottish leagues , but some realize where we are and get on with supporting the team .

You can definitely argue it was exciting but honestly, we are very very poor at the moment.

The bright note on this dismal afternoon was wee Temps looking fit and sharp. He definitely changed the game.

It's an absolute necessity when your trying to break teams down and entertain that you have one or two players who beat opponents and open up play for others

A bit like when Aluko joined us mid season 11/12 when went through that hard winter dropping points and playing poorly.

He came in and lifted the team considerably. Let's hope David Cooper Templeton stays fit and healthy for the remainder of the season.

Jesus .Standards have fallen so low some think that was entertainment ? I'd much rather watch paint dry with a pint and a heat .

Have you watched the SPL recently ?

No I haven't either. Paint had already dried on it shortly after we were forced out.

entertainment is one thing for a neutral who loves his football, parents trying to get their weans hooked on the game however will have a much different viewpoint

we were very poor today, defensively we are getting worse as the season goes on, not better, clearly complacency is setting in, understandable given how the league is done, in this case however id like to see us mix it up a bit, try 3 at the back, or give faure game time at centre half and big jig a rest, get macleod back into centre mid (where he belongs) once he is fit and give templeton a start, especially at ibrox

it dismays me when i see us continue along the same path no matter how bad the performances are, just because we are winning, the league is done, change the fucking record rangers ffs

Have you watched the SPL recently ?

No I haven't either. Paint had already dried on it shortly after we were forced out.

Good point mate but I pay my season ticket to watch Rangers.Not interested in others .My standards and demands have not fallen .Remember standards are good for Ally when it's Rangers players staying in expensive accomadation so why should that be different with the entertainment on the pitch .The way Ally has his players playing the game that I call football and I have been watching since 1974, is nothing short of pitiful every other week .There is no defending it if you have Ally's standards but he insults us every week with the usual "thought my players were brilliant I really did " He has no ruthlessness with them .Infact I'm convinced he just want to be everyone's pal rather than a successful manager.I remain privileged to have seen every goal he scored against beggars "live .I will always love him for that .Sadly now I have no desire to see him in our clubs dugout every other week .Need change

Catch 22

People are bound to feel excited by comeback wins like this, on the face of it then it was exciting but struggling at home to teams like Arbroath will never be deemed acceptable, is it because we've been spoiled? No I wouldn't say spoiled, as a big club we have often reached our potential, this isn't our potential and that will always be an issue with fans.

Next season with full time clubs and against seasoned professionals then wins like this would be far better recieved.

I didnt find today exciting and actually thought about giving it a break for a few weeks as i really am not enjoying it ,other than wallace nobody played well today ,they all deserve their arses kicked including mccoist who had the opportunity to change things at half time and didnt ! One of the worst performances i have seen at ibrox !!

I didnt find today exciting and actually thought about giving it a break for a few weeks as i really am not enjoying it ,other than wallace nobody played well today ,they all deserve their arses kicked including mccoist who had the opportunity to change things at half time and didnt ! One of the worst performances i have seen at ibrox !!

you dont go much do you ? specially last year

Wow some of you are very easily 'entertained'.....I wonder how many saying they enjoyed were actually at the game? It was brutal in terms of footballing ability! It was like watching a game down the local park for large parts of it! Yes the comeback by definition creates a degree of entertainment but the fans are starting to get more and more disillusioned with how we are playing and progressing (or not) under mccoist!

First time in weeks I've been excited watching us play.

Was a good game.

I agree,their was actually an atmosphere today, ok in the second half,with mistakes,plenty of goals and full credit to Arbroath.Some folks are needing to stop being in a timewarp and enjoy it for what it is.......this is where we are at this moment in time......

Sitting just a few yards from an equaliser being cleared off the line - it was tense

I agree though, I'd love to win every week, there were a few head in hands moments today, but looking back at it, it was a hell of a game, it could have gone either way - it's nice when we win those

I agree,their was actually an atmosphere today, ok in the second half,with mistakes,plenty of goals and full credit to Arbroath.Some folks are needing to stop being in a timewarp and enjoy it for what it is.......this is where we are at this moment in time......

we never played well, i accept that , but you are 100% correct , on the entertainment and a wee bit of atmosphere , footballing point of entertaining edgy game