difficult position for the board

KingKirk

It's impossible to play good football in League One.

Once we start playing better quality opposition our game will rise to meet the challenge..

This remains to be seen. You say our game will rise, that is not necessarily true. In fact I find it difficult to envision as things currently are

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those bears not old enough to know, Google - Scot Symon. The Rangers manager who had taken us to 2 European finals was sacked when we were top of the big league. So we've done if before and we can do it again. If Wallace feels it will benefit the Club I have no doubt McCoist will be gone...

For those bears not old enough to know, Google - Scott Symon. The Rangers manager who had taken us to 2 European finals was sacked when we were top of the big league. So we've done if before and we can do it again. If Wallace feels it will benefit the Club I have no doubt McCoist will be gone...

too young to remember him but i have read the book the Great Scot , and what is clear that will go down in history as one of the great injustices as confirmed by SAF . just as history would remember a great injustice if Ally was fired .if they saw his record this year.

he is not going anywhere as long as the results are rolling in ...its that simple

It's impossible to play good football in League One.

Once we start playing better quality opposition our game will rise to meet the challenge..

If you look at EPL teams playing inferior opposition in the FA Cup this weekend, none of them play to their usual standard, many of these games will descend into booting matches, hoofing matches and scrappy matches.

so why were we not doing this in the spl and Europe under Ally?

I honestly don't know what should be done. My natural inclination is to support the manager, until such times that that is untenable. On the stats side, Ally is untouchable, on his comments, I wish the feck he's shut up.

It's hard to tell how anyone else would've coped with what Ally has had to cope with. Walter certainly didn't want to and he knew there was trouble in the air.

I think I'll keep supporting the manger ATM, but I'm also worried that he's not the one to take us forward, so who do we get?

I've no idea.

Ally said judge him for his team and he was building for challenging spfl teams no today he says needs more investment cause his free transfers can't be expected to compete with the teams in top division, now what does that tell you, to me it saying ally is only worried about each season not looking at building his team, why did he bring all those players in that was free transfers if now he feels they ain't good enough to challenge Celtic. Even though that's what we was told when he signed them, that they was there to challenge the teams from the top division, it also says to me that ally has relised he needs to spend rather than build his team and the only way he can bring success is by spending

too young to remember him but i have read the book the Great Scot , and what is clear that will go down in history as one of the great injustices as confirmed by SAF . just as history would remember a great injustice if Ally was fired .if they saw his record this year.

he is not going anywhere as long as the results are rolling in ...its that simple

problem is if the people stop rolling in and unless this Saturdays attendance shows a big improvement then I believe that a large proportion of the support have already decided that enough is enough. Take blind loyalty out of the equation and it's probably the best part of a hundred quid for a family of four to go to the game. It's alright if we're happy with what's on show but clearly what's on show at the moment is dire...

I honestly don't know what should be done. My natural inclination is to support the manager, until such times that that is untenable. On the stats side, Ally is untouchable, on his comments, I wish the feck he's shut up.

It's hard to tell how anyone else would've coped with what Ally has had to cope with. Walter certainly didn't want to and he knew there was trouble in the air.

I think I'll keep supporting the manger ATM, but I'm also worried that he's not the one to take us forward, so who do we get?

I've no idea.

mate surely if Ally is as bad as some on this board are suggesting results will catch up with him , we will have a hopefully a few Scottish cup ties to be played , then we will have a better idea how the team has progressed if at all ,

untill then we get behind the team and get behind the manager IMO

Ally said judge him for his team and he was building for challenging spfl teams no today he says needs more investment cause his free transfers can't be expected to compete with the teams in top division, now what does that tell you, to me it saying ally is only worried about each season not looking at building his team, why did he bring all those players in that was free transfers if now he feels they ain't good enough to challenge Celtic. Even though that's what we was told when he signed them, that they was there to challenge the teams from the top division, it also says to me that ally has relised he needs to spend rather than build his team and the only way he can bring success is by spending

Do you expect us to compete with Celtic with a team of free transfers?

Hopefully three or four will be good enough to step up but that will be about it.

Hence King's comments about investment in the team. It's is also unrealistic to expect us to sign a whole new squad when promoted to premiership and expect them to be able to instantly compete.

come on ..we were never going to sign a bunch of free transfers in the 3rd DIV and expect them to get to the SPL and compete with the scum , no manager in the world could have achieved this , if we want to compete we will have to invest in the team

Do you expect us to compete with Celtic with a team of free transfers?

Hopefully three or four will be good enough to step up but that will be about it.

Hence King's comments about investment in the team. It's is also unrealistic to expect us to sign a whole new squad when promoted to premiership and expect them to be able to instantly compete.

No I don't think we are good enough, but ally said judge him for his team come September, these players was brought in to compete against teams from top division now he saying they ain't good enough to compete against one of those teams, so why being them in. That's what I am trying to get at, if he built the team then possibly he would have had the funds to buy quality players when needed, the board will be looking at things like that, and if they feel

They could bring someone in that could do the job ally is doing and improve on it with the same or less money he is currently on, cause the board is more concerned at value for money than loyalty of ally. And if they felt for the sake of losing some season tickets for a season to bring someone in that could change the way games are played and on less money, and the performances improved then more people in end would buy season tickets. But the way I look at it is if ally was sacked and you never renewed season ticket for that then you backed the man and not the club, and that is my opinion not to say yours is wrong or mine is right but that is how I feel about it

The football is poor, but as long as we win and go 23 points ahead at the top of the division, Ally's position is safe. As it should be.

I cannot remember any manager being sacked in this position. We are unbeaten.

The trouble will come when next season we play teams that are in the main full time and of a better quality. If this team struggles to beat Arbroath then it will struggle to win the Championship.

If we do not win the league next season then Ally will be gone.

Do NOT expect any changes in management any time soon.

No man is bigger than the club and this is an accurate assessment of the position - it's also up to the board to help Ally - I am sure he is aware of some failings and some players won't make it so need transitioned out - it is what the transfer windows are for after all - I bet Ally is looking forward to knowing a budget and having a transfer window where he can wheel and deal - a luxury he has not yet had.

No I don't think we are good enough, but ally said judge him for his team come September, these players was brought in to compete against teams from top division now he saying they ain't good enough to compete against one of those teams, so why being them in. That's what I am trying to get at, if he built the team then possibly he would have had the funds to buy quality players when needed, the board will be looking at things like that, and if they feel

They could bring someone in that could do the job ally is doing and improve on it with the same or less money he is currently on, cause the board is more concerned at value for money than loyalty of ally. And if they felt for the sake of losing some season tickets for a season to bring someone in that could change the way games are played and on less money, and the performances improved then more people in end would buy season tickets. But the way I look at it is if ally was sacked and you never renewed season ticket for that then you backed the man and not the club, and that is my opinion not to say yours is wrong or mine is right but that is how I feel about it

Because he has to try and build the best team possible that's why, you'd be complaining the same if we were watching pish football from a team of championship level players.

Were you happy with signings like Black, Shiels, Templeton, Bell, Moshini and Law at the time? I know I was. Only one or two of them are actually doing themselves justice. They need to have a good look at themselves.

McCoist is going nowhere this season so seems rather pointless having the same old arguments over and over again. We are well on track for winning this division, probably with record points and goals and chances are we will win the Ramsdens Cup. A run in the Scottish Cup could be entirely dependant on the draw, so we could go crashing out against Dunfermline or we could make the latter stages, we just don't know. That will be enough for many fans, regardless of the dire quality of football that is on display these days. I don't rate him as a coach at all, but he plays the media game very well and I don't think our board would risk any fan backlash at this moment in time. I also think there is a core group of vocal fans who would accept McCoist overseeing a mid-table finish next season as long as it gave them ammunition to blame the board and I do envisage problems occurring during the summer if Wallace does not acquiesce to McCoists transfers demands in the summer and we start the season slowly. At that point I believe one or the other will go, but which one is the real question.

No man is bigger than the club and this is an accurate assessment of the position - it's also up to the board to help Ally - I am sure he is aware of some failings and some players won't make it so need transitioned out - it is what the transfer windows are for after all - I bet Ally is looking forward to knowing a budget and having a transfer window where he can wheel and deal - a luxury he has not yet had.

You mean trying to buy dross like Kenny miller, that sort of stuff?

Yup, that signing turned out to be a huge failure didn't it, it was much better when Ally signed Messi

Maybe, just maybe we'd be in a better position by signing folk that we could then sell on for a profit.

On second thoughts you are probably correct best to bring back expensive hasbeens who can shore up their pension whilst having a laugh at Milngavie.

Because he has to try and build the best team possible that's why, you'd be complaining the same if we were watching pish football from a team of championship level players.

Were you happy with signings like Black, Shiels, Templeton, Bell, Moshini and Law at the time? I know I was. Only one or two of them are actually doing themselves justice. They need to have a good look at themselves.

The point I am trying to get across is ally said these players was to compete against the spfl teams meaning Celtic aswell now they ain't, so what has changed. Now is this ally admitting he failed in improving them or is he admitting they were never good enough and he lied about being judged on them