If, IF, we win the Scottish Cup this season, where would it rank?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? A cup is a cup, it would be pretty special under the circumstances but it wouldn't mean we're back where we belong yet.

Nothing to do with 'being back where we belong'. 18 months ago every fucker and their dug was lining up to have a kick at us. EVERYONE. Papers pushing #NoToNewco, fans of clubs freely admitting they would harm their own club to see Rangers 'rightfully punished', All manner of internet sociopaths having their say on the ils of Rangers and then all the Sevco/Zombie/yer deid pish. yet here we are, in the same league as such luminaries as East Fife and Stenhousemuir and we're looking in a fairly good position to win the Cup. They've thrown everything they can at us, they've hamstrung us with unlawful embargoes, tried to remove our titles but we just won't roll over and die.

A cup isn't just a cup. Its another part of our history, another memory, another opportunity for a legend to be born.

What is more special in the clubs history?

FFS mate can't you just accept others don't share the same opinion as you? You have made some valid points and I don't think anyone is disputing it would be a very satisfying achievement but others hold the view it wouldn't be as big an achievement in comparison.....

Each to their own I quess and everyone will have favourite moments, players etc based on their own experiences.....I remember 9 in a row like it was yesterday and maybe it's a degree of elitism but I would consider champions league qualification, that amazing night in Florence and all league titles in my lifetime as more significant than a domestic cup that by it's very nature is something of a lottery but that's not taking away from what would be a great achievement still!

I rememeber 9iar like it was yesterday too. Im intriqued how winning the cup is 'something of a lottery' but qualifying for the CL (where we might only have played one or two rounds against fisherman from the faroe isles) is a bigger achievment.

We're not talking about any old domestic cup. We're talking about winning the cup less than 2 years after we were dumped in the 4th tier,had a whole raft of players fuck off and scre the club over illegally hit with a transfer embargo, had several millions of pounds withheld from us and STILL here we are winning the cup.

FFS mate can't you just accept others don't share the same opinion as you? You have made some valid points and I don't think anyone is disputing it would be a very satisfying achievement but others hold the view it wouldn't be as big an achievement in comparison.....

Isn't that the whole point of discussion boards? discuss differences of opinions ona particular subject matter? Or should every post in a thread after the OP simply read. 'Good post OP, totally agree'?

Isn't that the whole point of discussion boards? discuss differences of opinions ona particular subject matter? Or should every post in a thread after the OP simply read. 'Good post OP, totally agree'?

Yes but there comes a point where discussion turns to arguments and ultimately we are just going back and forward pointlessly here! Some people see a potential cup win as a standout achievement, others don't! Reasons have been given.....the fact you keep at it tells me you want to try and convince people you are right rather than just stating your opinion!

i think over the last decade half of the finals have involved a team from outide the top flight.

I really don't know where your going with all this tbh

Re read everything me and allgers have said to each other - wage bill and resources doesn't matter? The fact we have 50 thousand something? I'm guessing fans? Means we have the edge? Football doesn't work that way

I'll repeat winning it will be our most special and romantic trophy ever but as for actual achievement it's nowhere near the top

It's doing a discredit to so many honours we've won

We are not even favourites for this even though Celtic have crashed out. To go from the state we were in during the summer of 2012 to cup winners in less than 2 years would be remarkable.

Barcelona 72 and 9 in a row would probably eclipse it though.

I'd add the Uefa cup final to that list too mate.

but it would be an amazing achievement.

More pish

You asked why Albion Rover are not winning it, when they and others can draw crowds of 50k to watch them in the 4th tier of Scottish, that's when they will win it.

Just saw your post above, the 50k fans do mean we have the financial edge, but it has to be that way, do we downsize to play against lower league teams, that would be unworkable and wrong, since the start of the season we have been hearing this league is meaningless because our squad is too good for the league we are in, there is no answer to that, for fans to say the same thing about the cup it's just meaningless.

Nothing to do with 'being back where we belong'. 18 months ago every fucker and their dug was lining up to have a kick at us. EVERYONE. Papers pushing #NoToNewco, fans of clubs freely admitting they would harm their own club to see Rangers 'rightfully punished', All manner of internet sociopaths having their say on the ils of Rangers and then all the Sevco/Zombie/yer deid pish. yet here we are, in the same league as such luminaries as East Fife and Stenhousemuir and we're looking in a fairly good position to win the Cup. They've thrown everything they can at us, they've hamstrung us with unlawful embargoes, tried to remove our titles but we just won't roll over and die.

A cup isn't just a cup. Its another part of our history, another memory, another opportunity for a legend to be born.

very good post from you Dude

You asked why Albion Rover are not winning it, when they and others can draw crowds of 50k to watch them in the 4th tier of Scottish, that's when they will win it.

Yeah and 50 k crowds gives you a platform to increase your wage bill and employ resources that outstrips your opposition

Yet you say wage bill doesn't matter?

:/

Yes but there comes a point where discussion turns to arguments and ultimately we are just going back and forward pointlessly here! Some people see a potential cup win as a standout achievement, others don't! Reasons have been given.....the fact you keep at it tells me you want to try and convince people you are right rather than just stating your opinion!

This is my 12th post in the thread. You have made 11. Why are you keeping at it?

(tu) good post.

gotta disagree with Lawman too, I don't think we are in a position to be saying we "should" be winning this cup.

Right now there are two teams in it that have already given us heavy defeats in the past 18 months, and the team that just put out the clear favorites.

I would say right now, we are still only maybe 3rd to 4tf favorites to win this, we SHOULD be winning nothing ( to assume that is very very arrogant) We COULD win it and we MIGHT win it.

That is a good post actually

You need to remember too our fans had a no to newco display too which was one of the biggest embarrassments in out history it was RST and RSA organised utter dicks and the whole of Ibrox joined in like wallopers

Brain dead isn't the word

Of course it would be incredibly satisfying but we've been hated for a long time (albeit it's got worse with our administration etc) so all the league wins I've experienced anyway have felt very satisfying as well.

You said it would be more important than anything we've won before and I just can't agree, our first league win back in the top flight yes probably.

This is my 12th post in the thread. You have made 11. Why are you keeping at it?

:lol: I can see your debating skills are at an advanced level....post counting? Really? I could go back and go over each reply but I really don't care enough! As I tried to say to you a few posts ago (I'm sure you can identify the exact number) each to their own!

:lol: I can see your debating skills are at an advanced level....post counting? Really? I could go back and go over each reply but I really don't care enough! As I tried to say to you a few posts ago (I'm sure you can identify the exact number) each to their own!