If, IF, we win the Scottish Cup this season, where would it rank?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually does work like that, over a course

Unless you mean cup games in one off games? In which I agree but it also defeats your point as you could argue that if we won it our achievement was luck considering the draw/s rather than to do with being an outstanding romantic force

I meant to say cup football. We are the plucky underdogs, massive wage bill or no massive wage bill. We were 12/1 to win it on Thursday.

If we were to win this I think it would be up there.

Was it 2 first team players we had 18 months that turned up for pre season team. Even with a high wage bill this team is basically free transfers and youngsters. I would love nothing more to see ally and the team pull it off as I don't class ourselves as favourites.

However, I do expect us to win it not because of the wage bill but because its is expected at our club

Shame to see folk arguing over this as I see both points of view.

With the money we're spending on wages and the players we have - a Scottish Cup run, maybe even final appearance, is to be expected.

However taking into account everything that's happened to us it would be an emotional occasion winning it where we are and basically still a mess off the park.

We should be up there challenging for cups with our squad but it wont take away how sweet it would feel to do it so soon after admin and demotion.

Shame to see folk arguing over this as I see both points of view.

With the money we're spending on wages and the players we have - a Scottish Cup run, maybe even final appearance, is to be expected.

However taking into account everything that's happened to us it would be an emotional occasion winning it where we are and basically still a mess off the park.

We should be up there challenging for cups with our squad but it wont take away how sweet it would feel to do it so soon after admin and demotion.

It would be amazing, think nearly all of us would say that.

I only really disagree with talk like it would mean more than anything else we've ever won

My brain is always engaged. Thats how my fingers know what to type.

What was the minimum expectation before Celtic were knocked out?

Probably what I originally posted, and you quoted.

Are you having issues retaining information as well as your already established inability to comprehend?

We won Barcelona 1972 only a short time after the Ibrox Disaster (lest we forget) and for me that will always be our greatest achievement

To win the Scottish Cup so soon after Whytes crap would be pretty romantic,

Theres a proverb about chickens counting before hatched, so not gonna say anymore.

Ok go through the Aberdeen starting 11 player for player.....who would you swap? I can't think of one player who would improve our best 11 (subjective)....

To be honest I think it's closer to the opposite. None of our best eleven would improves theirs, apart from maybe Wallace. On our day though I feel we are good enough to take anyone.