King ? pissin' on the feel good factor, now we might win something worthy.

bawsburst

DK's "investment" was used by murray major to fund the underwriting of the failed share issue, which murray major had claimed he would underwrite in its entirety. Fly as a bag of monkeys was/is murray major. (tu)

So what you are saying is that King's £20m was used to indirectly fund a rights issue which led to King's £20m going into Rangers.

So how did King not indirectly inject £20m into the club exactly?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely correct. He could probably buy 2% of the company absolute tops at the current share price before the market realised what was happening. He would then have to deal directly with the big shareholders and none of them are going to sell at the current price. As I've said before, it's a strategy that would not work - and, more importantly, none of DK's money would go to the club. He is waiting for a new share issue, something which has to happen within the next six months.

Aye, just like mini was waiting to be asked on to the board cos we didn't have enough directors.

If King is waiting like a vulture for an IPO, he may be in for a few surprises.

You'd think they would learn by now.

Even monkeys learn.

People need to remember something here. The current investors, including many of us, must be given first option on a secondary investment. Wallace undertook the challenge of creating a plan for a sustainable business and he is still working on this. Once there is a clear vision for where we are going and how we can run a sustainable business, then he will go back to all the current investors for a second round of investment.

Ideally, he wants to go with a plan that says our Income will match our Expenditure, or as near damned it, and any secondary investment will be used to build for the future.

This idea that King should just swan in, without giving 2 monkeys shits about the £30m people have already put in is ignorant in the extreme. (tu) And that is NOT me saying that we shouldnt take any money he wants to invest as we need people who are willing to throw money at us. (tu)

fuckin board lickspittles slobber over anything non board

King, fan ownership....................

a cabal with an agenda

boardies !

fuckin Murray lickspittle slobbering over lies and myths like good wee boys.

Alky, Murdoch, Wilson

a bunch of monkeys being wound up from behind like a bunch of fuckin puppets on strings. (tu)

So what you are saying is that King's £20m was used to indirectly fund a rights issue which led to King's £20m going into Rangers.

So how did King not indirectly inject £20m into the club exactly?

No that's not what I said , it's a good deal simpler...... MS was put to sleep with debts/shortfall of £50 million... you can work it out from there.

People need to remember something here. The current investors, including many of us, must be given first option on a secondary investment. Wallace undertook the challenge of creating a plan for a sustainable business and he is still working on this. Once there is a clear vision for where we are going and how we can run a sustainable business, then he will go back to all the current investors for a second round of investment.

Ideally, he wants to go with a plan that says our Income will match our Expenditure, or as near damned it, and any secondary investment will be used to build for the future.

This idea that King should just swan in, without giving 2 monkeys shits about the £30m people have already put in is ignorant in the extreme. (tu) And that is NOT me saying that we shouldnt take any money he wants to invest as we need people who are willing to throw money at us. (tu)

Firstly, You are of course correct on a rights issue, original investors get first bite at the cherry. However, it must be considered unlikely that there will be a substantial uptake by the original investors. I would imagine most are a bit scunnered to say the least.

In this situation, it makes it a bit more likely for someone like King to come in, which I believe is likely.

I'm not even sure King is the perfect candidate for us. His tax history is not ideal, even just for PR purposes alone. However we would in my opinion benefit hugely by having his kinda wealth behind us, even as a safety net. I would much rather we lived within our means, successfully, but that is a few years off yet IMO.

For the best part of 5 years we have constantly been fighting off rumours of impending doom, and I really think we need someone like king to bring that to a quick stop.

In saying that, Wallace has really impressed me so far, so would love to see him remain in the role of CEO to work along side king. Rather than firefighting, he could use his skills to really grow the business to where we need to be, allowing us to once more rise to the top of the game.

As cruel as it sounds, I really don't give 2 shits for the original investors in the short term. We have their money from the original IPO, it will be up to them if they want to invest more to keep their shareholding at the same level. If they choose to be diluted or sell up and go, then thanks, but we need to stabilise for right now, for our sake, and for the sake of their own investment. So they should not stand in the way of our best funding opportunities.

DK's "investment" was used by murray major to fund the underwriting of the failed share issue, which murray major had claimed he would underwrite in its entirety. Fly as a bag of monkeys was/is murray major. (tu)

Murray Major wasn`t fly. Craig Whyte pulled the wool over his eyes didn`t he ? :rolleyes:

Firstly, You are of course correct on a rights issue, original investors get first bite at the cherry. However, it must be considered unlikely that there will be a substantial uptake by the original investors. I would imagine most are a bit scunnered to say the least.

In this situation, it makes it a bit more likely for someone like King to come in, which I believe is likely.

I'm not even sure King is the perfect candidate for us. His tax history is not ideal, even just for PR purposes alone. However we would in my opinion benefit hugely by having his kinda wealth behind us, even as a safety net. I would much rather we lived within our means, successfully, but that is a few years off yet IMO.

For the best part of 5 years we have constantly been fighting off rumours of impending doom, and I really think we need someone like king to bring that to a quick stop.

In saying that, Wallace has really impressed me so far, so would love to see him remain in the role of CEO to work along side king. Rather than firefighting, he could use his skills to really grow the business to where we need to be, allowing us to once more rise to the top of the game.

As cruel as it sounds, I really don't give 2 shits for the original investors in the short term. We have their money from the original IPO, it will be up to them if they want to invest more to keep their shareholding at the same level. If they choose to be diluted or sell up and go, then thanks, but we need to stabilise for right now, for our sake, and for the sake of their own investment. So they should not stand in the way of our best funding opportunities.

It is unlikely but there are people on here pretty much saying "get King in and take his money" or "why are we not going cap in hand to him". The simple answer is.......because we cant and shouldnt. (tu)

It is unlikely but there are people on here pretty much saying "get King in and take his money" or "why are we not going cap in hand to him". The simple answer is.......because we cant and shouldnt. (tu)

If they did another share option in Oct/Nov with a lower minimum I think you would get plenty buyers. especially christmas buyers.

If it was £50 min they loads would take that option up. Not everyone had £500 spare , but £50 would be more manageable.

Also they would look far more appealing at their current price.

Yea I agree.

King in my eyes is at worst a safety net.

If Wallace can't get in the required investment to keep us going till we get to the premiership, then rather than putting us into the doomsday scenario, he can go to king to see us through.

It might not be ideal for the original investors, but it's better than the alternative.

I think we have both agreed on this in the past, but it is worth saying again. even in the absolute worst case scenario we did find ourself in real financial trouble, the club is in a much better place than we were 2 years ago. We would be a very attractive venture for people with a good deal of capital. We are in absolutely no danger of going under.

I`d still like to see what whyte gained in this. will we ever know ?

I think he got away with a fair wedge and don't ever see him suffering any real sanction for it, who knows what could have been if we hadn't been horsed out of Europe and the resultant financial benefits that cost us.

I`d still like to see what whyte gained in this. will we ever know ?

To be honest, he has not gained an awful lot.

He most likely regrets ever getting involved.

Had delusions of greatness, which was destroyed by some awful European performances.

If we had made the CL that year, we would still probably be in the SPL, unfortunately with the BTC still looming over us.

I think he got away with a fair wedge and don't ever see him suffering any real sanction for it, who knows what could have been if we hadn't been horsed out of Europe and the resultant financial benefits that cost us.

Out of interest, what's your thoughts on Whyte?

A chancer who popped up from nowhere? Or say another scenario, obviously not anything like he was a put up guy arranged by a previous owner for a duty which he may have received an under the table fee for doing, as this would be highly unethical. ;)

So 1) a chancer or 2) another scenario?

A chancer who popped up from nowhere? Or say another scenario, obviously not anything like he was a put up guy arranged by a previous owner for a duty which he may have received an under the table fee for doing, as this would be highly unethical. ;)

Mines is defo 1) (tu)

Mines is defo 1) (tu)

I'm actually the same, although for a spell thought the second was true.

I honestly think Whyte has gotten himself in way over his head.

I'm sure he has squirrelled away some funds, but it will be a relatively modest amount. He will certainly be losing sleep over the ticketus outcome.

Give him the option again, and he would probably not come near us.

Most expensive pound he will ever spend.

A chancer who was known to be a chancer, suited the Embra mafia down to the ground.

A chancer who was known to be a chancer, suited the Embra mafia down to the ground.

Yea, sounds about right.

To be honest, Murray would have sold to anyone at that point in time. Was probably pushing the pen into Whytes hand before they had a chance to background check him. Not that anything they turned up would have put Murray off.

You think Whyte given the option, would do it all again, or stay away?

No option on doing things a different way, as he would no doubt pick this option.

There is somewhere kicking about a review of costs done by Grier I think it may have been, on behalf of Whyte, not long after he arrived, it made for sobering reading starting with management/coaching costs.

The irony is that GW will most likely reach the same conclusions as Grier, I will have a look for it Lawman may have come across it also, maybe he has it to hand.