King ? pissin' on the feel good factor, now we might win something worthy.

bawsburst

Why would you think King would do anything if we were in the shit again ? He done zero in the past.

Are you referring to the time when all of his money was frozen by the officials in SA?

Can hardly hold it against him that he never paid up last time, when it was actually impossible for him to do so.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for certain. It will not be GW who decides whether or not to invite DK to come to the table. He may well recommend to his fellow directors that DK should be approached, but the ultimate decision will be made by Laxey and those who control the Easdales.

On that single fact I totally agree. Any move to contact King without approval from the board would be likely to be suicidal for GW.

Always been of the mind that ' the more the merrier ' as long as they can work with each other and keep their egos out it.

I won't criticise DK , not only for what's he's done before , but also for trying to help out now - he's got his own fortune so I've no doubt this is through the love of Rangers.

The reality of it is the problem of investors share dilution , and it's quite sensible for any further funds to come from there first. Failing that DK could well come into it. Maybe , as mentioned previously , DK should quietly buy what's available in the manner the Easdales have done. Maybe not ideal , as the money won't go to Rangers , but it could be a way of getting a foot in the door.

People keep on saying that DK needs to buy shares right now but realistically how many are available for him to purchase?

For a complete buy out are shareholders obliged in law to sell?

I don't believe any shareholder/investor would sell at the current price as it would be massive loss on their initial investment. Most will wait it out.

Why would you think King would do anything if we were in the shit again ? He done zero in the past.

Unless you are Sir David Murray, he did far more than you ever did! He lost £20M in the previous business, or is that just forgotten about?

He has been burnt once and could not buy when Green did, as he had the African government crawling all over his money.

I would also like the club to be self-sustaining, but it hasn't been for the last two years and it is not likely to be for the next two years at least. How do you suggest that we fill the gap in the meantime and raise enough capital to buy players to challenge Celtic?

that's the way I see it

we the people will own our club.............

but in the short term there's a 'Gers supporter with money and willing to stick it in

mind you when the fan ownership is up and running, Dave will, I'm sure, embrace it

People keep on saying that DK needs to buy shares right now but realistically how many are available for him to purchase?

For a complete but out are shareholders obliged in law to sell?

I don't believe any shareholder/investor would sell at the current price as it would be massive loss on their initial investment. Most will wait it out.

Absolutely correct. He could probably buy 2% of the company absolute tops at the current share price before the market realised what was happening. He would then have to deal directly with the big shareholders and none of them are going to sell at the current price. As I've said before, it's a strategy that would not work - and, more importantly, none of DK's money would go to the club. He is waiting for a new share issue, something which has to happen within the next six months.

I would also like the club to be self-sustaining, but it hasn't been for the last two years and it is not likely to be for the next two years at least. How do you suggest that we fill the gap in the meantime and raise enough capital to buy players to challenge Celtic?

I don`t think we have to buy much to challenge what they have just now. They are pish.

I`d dump the dross we have ( if possible ) and use our youths amongst the players we have.

we will have a lot more money when we get back into the top league.

If I remember correctly our player wage budget was £15M-£17M when we were last in the top league.

Our debt was also coming down so that shows we could afford it. I don`t want our wages to go as high as that but it shows there is a lot more money available in the top league for us.

No Rangers manager from now on should be on more than £400 - £500k / year.

We need a scouting setup more than new players.

I`d do another share option in November / Dec with a smaller buy in. £100 min instead of the £500.

This will give us funds for the winter transfer window and the summer window after that.( I`d prefer them in earlier to give them time to adjust to playing for us )

People are over rating the celtic team just now. a frontline of stokes , griffiths and samaras is a joke.

We don`t need to spend like mad , we just need to spend wisely. Not the old way when a guy is on £2k a week and we offer him £10k to come to us.

Offer them £4k and they will still come.

The return of King is not our best option.

Our best option is to be self sustaining without the need of a sugar daddy.

I`d prefer if King is nowhere near our club again.

I agree we need to be self sustaining but we need major investment to compete in the top league and Europe.

Of course I would like to hear the board's plans for investment but if Dave King is willing to invest surely it can only

benefit the club.

After Murray, I understand the concerns about a sugar daddy but the last 2 years have been a disaster

Are you referring to the time when all of his money was frozen by the officials in SA?

Can hardly hold it against him that he never paid up last time, when it was actually impossible for him to do so.

I`m sure someone with Kings wealth could have rustled up the asking price no problem.

The old he couldn`t touch his money doesn`t wash I`m afraid.

If he`s such a big businessman he could have got his mates to throw some lose change at him to buy the club outright.

I don`t think we have to buy much to challenge what they have just now. They are pish.

I`d dump the dross we have ( if possible ) and use our youths amongst the players we have.

If I remember correctly our player wage budget was £15M-£17M when we were last in the top league.

Our debt was also coming down so that shows we could afford it. I don`t want our wages to go as high as that but it shows there is a lot more money available in the top league for us.

I`d do another share option in November / Dec with a smaller buy in. £100 min instead of the £500.

This will give us funds for the winter transfer window and the summer window after that.( I`d prefer them in earlier to give them time to adjust to playing for us )

People are over rating the celtic team just now. a frontline of stokes , griffiths and samaras is a joke.

We don`t need to spend like mad , we just need to spend wisely. Not the old way when a guy is on £2k a week and we offer him £10k to come to us.

Our debt was only coming down due to european competition.

If we are to run as a sustainable business, we need to budget for no europe.

Wallace has already stated that our current wage bill is too high, even for the top division. We need to clear out the dross and scout the best possible talent for the cheapest money.

Unfortunately, we also might have to get used to coming second for a while.

Unless you are Sir David Murray, he did far more than you ever did! He lost £20M in the previous business, or is that just forgotten about?

He has been burnt once and could not buy when Green did, as he had the African government crawling all over his money.

He never invested it in The Rangers. So the money didn`t go to the club.

I think Joe Lewis did invest directly into the club of either £20M or £40M. That was who really lost out.

I`m sure someone with Kings wealth could have rustled up the asking price no problem.

The old he couldn`t touch his money doesn`t wash I`m afraid.

If he`s such a big businessman he could have got his mates to throw some lose change at him to buy the club outright.

Seriously mate, thats just silly.

He was already being accused of earning a shit load more money than he was declaring, then we think that it would be a wise move to use some 'rainy day' fund to buy Rangers whilst the SARS had put a freeze order on all his declared assets?

He would have been locked up and would have lost the lot!

One thing is for certain. It will not be GW who decides whether or not to invite DK to come to the table. He may well recommend to his fellow directors that DK should be approached, but the ultimate decision will be made by Laxey and those who control the Easdales.

:lol: will it, aye?

Our debt was only coming down due to european competition.

If we are to run as a sustainable business, we need to budget for no europe.

Wallace has already stated that our current wage bill is too high, even for the top division. We need to clear out the dross and scout the best possible talent for the cheapest money.

Unfortunately, we also might have to get used to coming second for a while.

Coming second for a wee while would also mean european football.

Just don`t budget for the group stages.

I do think our wage bill will go up when we get into the top league. They will do it on a % of turnover and it will be up a lot from now.

I really expect roughly a £10M wage bill for players and that should be enough with the right person at the helm to challenge.

As I already said earlier , scouting system is more important now than new players.

Seriously mate, thats just silly.

He was already being accused of earning a shit load more money than he was declaring, then we think that it would be a wise move to use some 'rainy day' fund to buy Rangers whilst the SARS had put a freeze order on all his declared assets?

He would have been locked up and would have lost the lot!

It would`t be a rainy day fund if his friends put the money in.

King never believed he was in the wrong and I don`t believe there was any risk of him being jailed.

worst case was a big fine leaving him with still tons of money.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but we are where we are, and until we get to the Premiership we'll need external investment to fund the budget deficit and then to buy three or four quality players. I can't see any of the existing institutional investors putting more cash in after what's happened to their initial investment, so DK will turn out to be the only option.

It would`t be a rainy day fund if his friends put the money in.

King never believed he was in the wrong and I don`t believe there was any risk of him being jailed.

worst case was a big fine leaving him with still tons of money.

Do we know that he has a mate with a spare £10m knocking about that he could have tapped?

He never invested it in The Rangers. So the money didn`t go to the club.

I think Joe Lewis did invest directly into the club of either £20M or £40M. That was who really lost out.

DK invested £20m in Murray Sports, but all of the money ended up in the club. To deny that DK invested £20m in Rangers is just being ridiculously pedantic.