Rangers First

iang2911

I'm not picking faults on purpose but one of the main bullet points to bring the fans together should be no more lies, smears and slander against the board

This has been the main problem for me and fan unity and as far as I can see it's not been addressed

One of the very first points made at the first meeting was that it wasn't pro or anti anybody or anything. It's purely about Rangers.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the very first points made at the first meeting was that it wasn't pro or anti anybody or anything. It's purely about Rangers.

Hmm not convinced that covers what I'm on about as anyone that's done wrong previous can always just claim it's because they believe it's Rangers first then that justifies their actions

I'll believe it when I see it tbh the proof will be in the pudding

Hmm not convinced that covers what I'm on about as anyone that's done wrong previous can always just claim it's because they believe it's Rangers first then that justifies their actions

I'll believe it when I see it tbh the proof will be in the pudding

The group will not be campaigning against or for any board of directors.

Unfortunately almost everyone online or in the Rangers support has some sort of baggage, we really have to try and draw a line under it and try a fresh beginning on a positive footing and keep a positive approach as it moves forward. Unity will be unachievable otherwise, like you say, and unity is the entire point.

The group won't be campaigning alongside Paul Murray, nor will it be campaigning against him. Rangers First. It does exactly as it says on the tin.

Unfortunately almost everyone online or in the Rangers support has some sort of baggage, we really have to try and draw a line under it and try a fresh beginning on a positive footing and keep a positive approach as it moves forward. Unity will be unachievable otherwise, like you say, and unity is the entire point.

The group won't be campaigning alongside Paul Murray, nor will it be campaigning against him. Rangers First. It does exactly as it says on the tin.

That's encouraging then (tu)

There should be no line drawn under anything involving the RST until hackergate is fully concluded and the results made public.

I'm not picking faults on purpose but one of the main bullet points to bring the fans together should be no more lies, smears and slander against the board

This has been the main problem for me and fan unity and as far as I can see it's not been addressed

Agreed and I will be championing this point. Very vociferously.

If anyone can join, how will you stop THEM from joining?

There has been proposed a charter that everyone has to sign up to. Initially that will be monitored by SDS, as an independent, afterwards it will be up to those involved to Monitor.

I'll happily admit it

But can you Blame me? Every group is apart from vbs and it's killed us

There's a solution out there ,if it's not Rangers First then we move on till we find it .We must never give up trying to Unite the BEST fans in the world .If this one does'nt work though we've used the best name up caus RANGERS FIRST says everything for me .

It's not down to me. It's about the fans who are involved coming to a decision as to how it will move forward, about 80% involved are NOT members of any existing group as far as I know. That can only be a good thing. One thing I will stress though is that SDS and Richard in particular will take no prisoners to make sure this is successful.

Best way forward for all of us IMHO

This is the kind of thing that some of us need to hear my friend and if it succeeds and moves us forward we as a supporters group will be forever grateful. I know I have had a pop at RST as an obvious target in this thread but they did to a degree put themselves in the firing line with all this "Fan spokesperson" cr@p they have been drilling out, I am trying to take the meds to calm me of that.

If we can get a coordinated group who will speak for the majority with a united voice and listen to all points of view then there is nothing more I will want for xmas ever, it is what we all want.

In no way shape or form am I trying to drag this discussion into a verbal joust and if the people involved know there needs to be control and limitations of what is released and endorsed by the group then that satisfies a huge criteria of mine.

Apologies to those who quoted me and I did not reply to personally but it would derail the thread further which is not a great thing, I have inadvertently done enough there as it is.

Have just noticed that Motherwell, one of the examples being lauded by Richard Atkinson, have posted losses of £183.5K. Interpolating their attendances with ours this season, this equates to a loss of some £1.5M. In addition, John Boyle gifted his shares to the group set up by SDS. I do not see our major shareholders doing this. Also, I have googled Atkinson and note that he seems to rely on being co-opted onto boards rather than being elected. there is also little about his background. For example, his education appears to have started at Strathclyde University. No mention of what school he went to. Has he had any dealings with Lawwell, Doncaster or Reagan? Why has he brought all this up now rather than before the AGM? Due to the timing and the fact that he is wanting all this done with other peoples' money, I am afraid that I smell the bheast.

Have just noticed that Motherwell, one of the examples being lauded by Richard Atkinson, have posted losses of £183.5K. Interpolating their attendances with ours this season, this equates to a loss of some £1.5M. In addition, John Boyle gifted his shares to the group set up by SDS. I do not see our major shareholders doing this. Also, I have googled Atkinson and note that he seems to rely on being co-opted onto boards rather than being elected. there is also little about his background. For example, his education appears to have started at Strathclyde University. No mention of what school he went to. Has he had any dealings with Lawwell, Doncaster or Reagan? Why has he brought all this up now rather than before the AGM? Due to the timing and the fact that he is wanting all this done with other peoples' money, I am afraid that I smell the bheast.

SDS were approached by Rangers fans not the other way about. Please wait for the site to go live and see for yourself mate.