Rangers First

iang2911

Will www.rangersfirst.org provide a clear mandate of what they propose to do, how they will achieve it and how things will be run should they succeed? The last thing Rangers needs is another board/fan group war driving the share price down. That benefits no-one.

Absolutely and please everyone if you feel you can contribute please put your name forward.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just noticed that Motherwell, one of the examples being lauded by Richard Atkinson, have posted losses of £183.5K. Interpolating their attendances with ours this season, this equates to a loss of some £1.5M. In addition, John Boyle gifted his shares to the group set up by SDS. I do not see our major shareholders doing this. Also, I have googled Atkinson and note that he seems to rely on being co-opted onto boards rather than being elected. there is also little about his background. For example, his education appears to have started at Strathclyde University. No mention of what school he went to. Has he had any dealings with Lawwell, Doncaster or Reagan? Why has he brought all this up now rather than before the AGM? Due to the timing and the fact that he is wanting all this done with other peoples' money, I am afraid that I smell the bheast.

Morning again.

Motherwell Fans do not yet own the shares in their Club. they have however raised £400,000 so far of the (if i remember rightly) £1.5m needed. They have over 1000 people contributing and now have two seats on the Club board elected through their Group IIRC.

I have been coopted onto a few boards for very specific short term reasons and then left when the reason I was there was done. That is why orgainsations are legally allowed to co-opt folk, that is the point. I have also been elected onto boards where i have served for several terms.

Why have i brought why up after the AGM?

As for what you can smell where you are I am sure you can buy something for that! lol

Have just noticed that Motherwell, one of the examples being lauded by Richard Atkinson, have posted losses of £183.5K. Interpolating their attendances with ours this season, this equates to a loss of some £1.5M. In addition, John Boyle gifted his shares to the group set up by SDS. I do not see our major shareholders doing this. Also, I have googled Atkinson and note that he seems to rely on being co-opted onto boards rather than being elected. there is also little about his background. For example, his education appears to have started at Strathclyde University. No mention of what school he went to. Has he had any dealings with Lawwell, Doncaster or Reagan? Why has he brought all this up now rather than before the AGM? Due to the timing and the fact that he is wanting all this done with other peoples' money, I am afraid that I smell the bheast.

Simple answer................Dont join then.

So why now? Is Mr Wallace not to get his 120 days? Who approached SDS - SoS? What exactly is Richard's background? Has he any connection to Lawwell, Doncaster & Reagan? By the way, I also note that the Motherwell fans group seem to be keen on co-option to the board. So much for accountability!

Absolutely and please everyone if you feel you can contribute please put your name forward.

I feel very wary of this, and believe trust will need to be earned after the last attempt at fan ownership. Please be open and honest with ALL fans allowing us to have our opinions with-out censorship. We after all our the ones who will be funding Rangers through our season tickets etc should your group succeed.

So why now? Is Mr Wallace not to get his 120 days? Who approached SDS - SoS? What exactly is Richard's background? Has he any connection to Lawwell, Doncaster & Reagan? By the way, I also note that the Motherwell fans group seem to be keen on co-option to the board. So much for accountability!

Can see you dont like Richard much Corky, your entitled to your opinion, but lets wait and see what it all entails before shooting him down.

One thing we have all agreed to do, those involved, is leave any baggage at the door. This is about moving forward to the future if the club and the relationship between club, fans & owners.

There are many more non affiliated fans involved than those affiliated with any group, we would hope that can help to keep it clean and be a positive unifying force.

A unifying group!

Another unifying group, surely?

No offence intended but the massed Rangers support (that is, those who have no interest or involvement whatsoever in the internet and all its schisms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, websites....) just want to go and watch The Rangers week in week out.

The majority (deliberate use of the word there) can't be bothered joining fans' groups - and you need look no further than the 10 years of the RST with its feeble 2,000-odd members to see that.

Again with the greatest of respect supporters are mind-numbed by each NEW group that appears - each claiming to be better than the last lot - more transparent - more accountable - regulated by this or that Government-funded body....yaddah-yaddah-yaddah.

I repeat, the vast majority of Rangers supporters out there just want to head to the pub or bus with their mates, have a few swally's on a Saturday, enjoy the game and repeat the process on the way home.

No factions, no schisms, no affiliations to any group....just watching The Rangers and having a fun day out.

That is what you are up against and in my opinion that's how it will always be.

The majority don't want to own or have shares in anything......they just want to have a fun day out with their mates.

Good luck with it though.

Prove me wrong.

To North Rd, I have no intentions of joining them but I do try to live by the maxim that in order for evil to triumph, all that is required is for good men to do nothing.

Then you would fit right in mate. Good rangers fans doing something RangersFirst

No offence intended but the massed Rangers support (that is, those who have no interest or involvement whatsoever in the internet and all its schisms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, websites....) just want to go and watch The Rangers week in week out. The majority (deliberate use of the word there) can't be bothered joining fans' groups - and you need look no further than the 10 years of the RST with its feeble 2,000-odd members to see that.

Again with the greatest of respect supporters are mind-numbed by each NEW group that appears - each claiming to be better than the last lot - more transparent - more accountable - regulated by this or that Government-funded body....yaddah-yaddah-yaddah.

I repeat, the vast majority of Rangers supporters out there just want to head to the pub or bus with their mates, have a few swally's on a Saturday, enjoy the game and repeat the process on the way home.

No factions, no schisms, no affiliations to any group....just watching The Rangers and having a fun day out.

The majority don't want to own or have shares in anything......they just want to have a fun day out with their mates.

Prove me wrong.

I appreciate everything that you have said here.

I think you could do with a wee quiet time reading the Companies Act 2006, that will answer all your Cooption questions.

here is the link to the 761 page document http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/pdfs/ukpga_20060046_en.pdf

feel free to come back with some question based on the interpretation of the legal facts

There should be no line drawn under anything involving the RST until hackergate is fully concluded and the results made public.

A unifying group!

I can't see RST being involved in unifying until hackergate is resolved, it must not and cannot be swept under the carpet, people in positions of power and trust should be above reproach.

No offence intended but the massed Rangers support (that is, those who have no interest or involvement whatsoever in the internet and all its schisms, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, websites....) just want to go and watch The Rangers week in week out.

The majority (deliberate use of the word there) can't be bothered joining fans' groups - and you need look no further than the 10 years of the RST with its feeble 2,000-odd members to see that.

Prove me wrong.

!00% Correct CB (tu) been going for over 50 years and thats all we all want to do, get up, pub, bus, watch the Bears win, back on bus, home, pub and chat about the game....

That IMO all changed from the last years of Murray and Whyte taking over, a Place that we didnt give a shit about now takes centre stage after the Whyte fiasco, we must move forward imo, lets hear what comes out of this and then see how mnay sign up, remember we didnt get much signing the HMRC petition that we wanted and i do sometimes feel we can be a feeble lot, always wanting a Sugar Daddy or Hedgefunds companies to run us.