Worried for the future.

RangersFanBase

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are? Wow ok

For what it's worth a couple of you are easy pleased but if that's your comfort zone and your happy then fine

But I'm comfortable and happy expecting a lot more given our players, wage bill and resources (tu)

Out of interest, what would you be happy with from this Rangers team?

I'll remind you that winning the Champions League isn't really possible at the moment. :D

So, to clarify, when we lose it is his fault, but if we turn it around it is to the players' credit?

No. If you actually looked at what I said, I said "most of the time it's the players turning it around themselves" - There may have been times when Ally's changed it, although most of the games where he hasn't changed anything and we still turn the game around to win - that's where it's to the players' credit.

When we draw like we did yesterday - That's managerial error; He could of made numerous changes both tactical and player changes - But didn't. He stood there expecting the players to do what they've done on their own before: Turn the game around. They couldn't do it, that's where he should of stepped in to make changes.

Out of interest, what would you be happy with from this Rangers team?

I'll remind you that winning the Champions League isn't really possible at the moment. :D

Ffs if we can't win the Champions League then we should withdraw our licence

Nae point :angry:

Tbh no, not really. Not on a grand scale of a tactical master mind changing the game

The debate is not tactical master mind, it is changing the game. (Bear in mind your baseline was clueless and doing nothing)

And bear in mind Temps did actually score in the 3-2 game, so you may struggle to justify deciding to bring him on didn't have an impact.

The 5-1 game, I thought his directness gave a different impetus to the team.

They are? Wow ok

For what it's worth a couple of you are easy pleased but if that's your comfort zone and your happy then fine

But I'm comfortable and happy expecting a lot more given our players, wage bill and resources (tu)

Our players (Wallace apart) are very ordinary. Top half of the top division standard. Teams of that standard are not able to be consistently be playing good football. Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee U, Hibs etc would be no different in our position. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be surprised if they would have achieved our points total. This is borne out by the struggles they often have in the cups. We have a higher wage bill, but that is not a reflection on the standard of players we have. Our players are ridiculously overpaid, for a number of reasons.

No. If you actually looked at what I said, I said "most of the time it's the players turning it around themselves" - There may have been times when Ally's changed it, although most of the games where he hasn't changed anything and we still turn the game around to win - that's where it's to the players' credit.

When we draw like we did yesterday - That's managerial error; He could of made numerous changes both tactical and player changes - But didn't. He stood there expecting the players to do what they've done on their own before: Turn the game around. They couldn't do it, that's where he should of stepped in to make changes.

The players did turn the game around..twice actually. When it looked like they couldn't pull ahead, Ally made changes. I don't see much else he should've done tbh...

The debate is not tactical master mind, it is changing the game. (Bear in mind your baseline was clueless and doing nothing)

And bear in mind Temps did actually score in the 3-2 game, so you may struggle to justify deciding to bring him on didn't have an impact.

The 5-1 game, I thought his directness gave a different impetus to the team.

I never said Templeton never had any impact, I said it doesn't constitute a tactical masterstroke when we were up against it or anything.

and again, I said ages ago that I didn't mean it literally that he's never changed anything, ever. It has happened, as I've agreed with you (Brechin)

What I'm saying is that on the whole he's utterly clueless and a lot more often than not fails to make changes when needed.

The fact that you've only given me one example in Brechin (that I find credible) backs my viewpoint up - to me anyway.

Our players (Wallace apart) are very ordinary. Top half of the top division standard. Teams of that standard are not able to be consistently be playing good football. Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee U, Hibs etc would be no different in our position. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be surprised if they would have achieved our points total. This is borne out by the struggles they often have in the cups. We have a higher wage bill, but that is not a reflection on the standard of players we have. Our players are ridiculously overpaid, for a number of reasons.

Thats a matter of opinion. I disagree. We have a team full of current and ex internationals against some of the worst teams in world football and struggling. I see it with my own two eyes.

As I said in my last post to you, if your happy then great.

I'm not

and there's more and more people like me who feel the same.

The players did turn the game around..twice actually. When it looked like they couldn't pull ahead, Ally made changes. I don't see much else he should've done tbh...

I've already said what he could of done? Bring on a more competent defender, Cribari was having an awful game.

And bring on a striker that could of changed things earlier on - Jon Daly also had an awful game.

I never said Templeton never had any impact, I said it doesn't constitute a tactical masterstroke when we were up against it or anything.

and again, I said ages ago that I didn't mean it literally that he's never changed anything, ever. It has happened, as I've agreed with you (Brechin)

What I'm saying is that on the whole he's utterly clueless and a lot more often than not fails to make changes when needed.

The fact that you've only given me one example in Brechin (that I find credible) backs my viewpoint up - to me anyway.

If he is as "clueless" as you claim he his, then why is he endorsed by some of the continent's great coaches? Andre Villas-Boas, Sir Alex Ferguson, and Walter Smith to name a few, I think they are slightly better qualified to make a judgement on him than you.

I've already said what he could of done? Bring on a more competent defender, Cribari was having an awful game.

And bring on a striker that could of changed things earlier on - Jon Daly also had an awful game.

How would replacing Cribari improve our chances of winning the game?

From my understanding, he did all he could on the attacking front, bringing Deano on for Little. Who was he to replace Daly with?

If he is as "clueless" as you claim he his, then why is he endorsed by some of the continent's great coaches? Andre Villas-Boas, Sir Alex Ferguson, and Walter Smith to name a few, I think they are slightly better qualified to make a judgement on him than you.

Managers generally stick up for other managers, it hardly proves anything.

As long as your credibility doesn't accept that making changes that were needed counts as making changes when needed, it is difficult to debate.

I think tactical masterstroke is a high bar to set when your baseline is 'clueless'

Alex Ferguson endorses everyone

Walter Smith had a hand in appointing him

Avb has been sacked from almost every job he's had

Besides it's a managers club they all stick together it means nothing turn on SSN and you will hear Allardyce saying how he does want some manager that's not won in 20 games to get the sack etc bla bla it happens all the time

I prefer to make my own judgements on things based on what I see and I'm more than comfortable thinking Ally is a clueless manager

As long as your credibility doesn't accept that making changes that were needed counts as making changes when needed, it is difficult to debate.

I think tactical masterstroke is a high bar to set when your baseline is 'clueless'

Well he is clueless, sorry

Calling anyone who's spent a lifetime in the game - no matter who it is - 'clueless' is absolutely ridiculous, especially when they've spent that lifetime at the very top of their profession.

Even when taken literally, it can only be a post from someone incapable of even the simplest of rational thought.

Calling anyone who's spent a lifetime in the game - no matter who it is - 'clueless' is absolutely ridiculous, especially when they've spent that lifetime at the very top of their profession.

Even when taken literally, it can only be a post from someone incapable of even the simplest of rational thought.

Oh right so Alan Shearer couldn't be called a clueless manager either then despite relegating Newcastle but because he's played at the highest level in the Premiership and for England?