Little and Clark

I think it could have the potential to be a decent enough partnership. I was impressed with the Little/Shiels partnership last season the few times we actually got to see it. Although a Little/Clark partnership would work differently, I think the Little/Shiels one showed that Little has the capabilities of leading the line rather than being the striker who plays off the likes of McCulloch or Daly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were me I would be moving Daly on at the end of this season. Don't care how many goals he has scored. He ruins any chance we have of playing faster and more expansive football.

When Clark returns I would like to see him and Templeton up front for a few games to see how defenders cope with their pace and movement instead of the immobile Daly.

Fast expansive football is a myth. Football is about one thing only, and we do it very well.

Would play Little and Clark up top with Shiels just off them. Will never happen with this management though.

As for Daly, I could play his role at the moment and Im ancient.

I could easily not win any balls in the air, not run into any channels, not be able to sprint, not be able to control the ball, look like I was running through treacle in slow motion and I'd do it for £500 per week.

Aye, but could you not be a good protestant and not know the words to the BB? :pipe:

I've high hopes fr Clark and Little has dissapointed me for the pass year, even if he has had his cheek-bone injury, I think, or would like to see him do better. Daly looks terrible on the pitch, but he just manages to get the occasional goal. Never the goal to win a game recently, but he does 'plonk' if in the net every now and again.

I'm puzzled by the amount of guys saying our style of play is just lump the ball up the park? I've not seen the last few games, but the ones I've seen were we score, we're usually running up the wing with Wallace and Aird, Wallace on the left being a bit more successful.

I do admit that when we're not playing too good there is a tendacy to boot the ball up the park, but we hardly ever score from that and maybe our last two low scoring games we've been doing that clueless 'tactic'.

I'm not sure why we can be good one week and so bad the other, but it's certainly turning me against Ally and what his tactics might be, if any. Equally, I can't see Ally leaving this, or next season, so maybe it's best to control ourselves until he starts to fail on the big stage.

You never know, he may surprise us, even in cups and Europe!

I've high hopes fr Clark and Little has dissapointed me for the pass year, even if he has had his cheek-bone injury, I think, or would like to see him do better. Daly looks terrible on the pitch, but he just manages to get the occasional goal. Never the goal to win a game recently, but he does 'plonk' if in the net every now and again.

I'm puzzled by the amount of guys saying our style of play is just lump the ball up the park? I've not seen the last few games, but the ones I've seen were we score, we're usually running up the wing with Wallace and Aird, Wallace on the left being a bit more successful.

I do admit that when we're not playing too good there is a tendacy to boot the ball up the park, but we hardly ever score from that and maybe our last two low scoring games we've been doing that clueless 'tactic'.

I'm not sure why we can be good one week and so bad the other, but it's certainly turning me against Ally and what his tactics might be, if any. Equally, I can't see Ally leaving this, or next season, so maybe it's best to control ourselves until he starts to fail on the big stage.

You never know, he may surprise us, even in cups and Europe!

The fact Daly is so slow and immobile is what determines our style of play. A faster more mobile striker or strikers would allow us to play a more expansive and quicker style of football.

When Little was played through the middle his movement and goal return was actually quite good. Playing him out wide is just a waste of time.

If Daly is fit though he will play every game regardless of form or movement. To drop him would dent McCoist's ego and he simply won't do it regardles of how poor the team is.