7th minute applause for Hillsborough.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason it's a standing applause on the 7th minute (rather than observing a minute of silence) is because Dundee United fans are standing and applauding on the 7th minute as well, and it'd be pointless for us to all be silent, whilst 12,000 of their lot stand and applaud.

So it's worked out, both sets of fans will be standing and applauding, rather than one being silent, and one making noise.

I think the reason it's a standing applause on the 7th minute (rather than observing a minute of silence) is because Dundee United fans are standing and applauding on the 7th minute as well, and it'd be pointless for us to all be silent, whilst 12,000 of their lot stand and applaud.

So it's worked out, both sets of fans will be standing and applauding, rather than one being silent, and one making noise.

We know, bro... Just saying that if it was an silence, it would be observed impeccably at our end. Of that I have no doubt.

All the rest of 'em... Well, you'd need to take a leap of faith, I would guess.

Was caught in terrifying crush at a Parkhead the same day, only a whipper snapper too ;)

Scottish Cup Semi v St Johnstone I think that was, I was at the game to I think I was only 10 or 11 and was nearly crushed on the way out, quite frightening!!!

"The game was stopped after seven minutes."

What I read online.

Cheers mate, I assumed this was the case but I genuinely didn't know the significance.

I just assumed that with the whole of England observing the same drill it must have been exactly for that reason.

And well done for not being a Google-Know-it-All. (tu)

Scottish Cup Semi v St Johnstone I think that was, I was at the game to I think I was only 10 or 11 and was nearly crushed on the way out, quite frightening!!!

Yeah it was. I'd have just turned 8 and had been given tickets for my birthday. First time I'd ever been to an all standing game and remember being able to see pretty much nothing for the full 90 minutes. Game ended up 0-0 and we won the replay 4-0.

Still remember it was an absolute scorcher of a day. Old boys with the transistor radios passing messages that something had happened but never knew the scale of it until we saw the news back home.

the rangers supporters will do the right thing we always do

Absolutely 100%.

Going by some arseholes on this thread i am not so sure

Call it immaturity, stupidity, empty-headed Internet bravado; call it what you want.

But any disrespect of this sort would never happen at Ibrox, so worry not. (tu)

To be honest; I'd hope we'd even do something if there was ever a disaster at Parkdead. As much as you hate someone for supporting a certain team or whatever, no one deserves to go to a football match, and not come home. It's just not right.

This is a sport we all love, fellow supporters of the game dying in a disaster is something that shouldn't be joked about, not pointing any fingers.... King Jela.