Why McCoist prefers seasoned players

There were also players there like Hutton, Perry, Crawford, Hemmings,and even Broadfoot (who may have stayed with us if he had more backing).

Alexander

???? ???? Perry Wallace

McKay Hutton McLeod Templeton

Little McCulloch

Middle to front this is pretty much the team we went with (Aird came in a lot) and I'm told there was a promising young RB already at the Club. Of everyone we signed during that first year Templeton is the only one that made any real sense in terms of age, ability, and value. But yes, the spine of a team was already in place.

Could we have won Division 3 without: Black, Kyle, Sandaza, Stella, Argyriou, Shiels, and Cribari? I think we could have. I'm sure a handful of guys who know lower league football inside and out, with a history of getting teams promoted, and come at a fraction of the cost, could have been found to supplement the squad in the short-term.

(tu)

We were told the players we went for were brought in with the cups in mind...well that clearly didn't make one bit of difference as we were papped out the lot of them including lower league ones.

It's obvious the same result would have been achieved without the likes of Daly, Shiels, Black, Law, Cribari, Perlata, Foster, Smith and the rest who were brought in on big contracts.

What we have done is achieve the bare minimum by spending the most we possibly could have, in short we made a cunt of it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but Ally has had boardroom problems, transfer problems, money problems....in other words he's had excuse after excuse trying to hide his abject failings as a manager.

Still didn't achieve the targets Green set him i see. :rolleyes:

Just because it aint popular to back the manager should I just change my opinion to arse lick on an anonomous internet forum? Perhaps I should allow myself to stay silent so then every one can slap themselves on the back while stabbing Ally in his?

Do you not think it becomes 'tiresome' to be an Ally supporter when the same wee crowd of people start Anti-Ally threads every day?Should I allow my opinion to be bullied into silence ?

I have a view that rebuilding is MUCH harder than folk think, Ally is hardly a wild spender when he is working to a 30% to turnover budget, we do seem to have a good bunch of U20s, we have introduced 3 on a regular basis, and a few more irregularily (not bad in a single season) we have some good kids out on loan, and Ally has done all that with the turmoil of a new board every few months, while contending with no ability to buy players up till January this year when there weas no budget.

If ever a manager deserved our support for what he is doing iyt is Ally - BUT our anger has to be directed at someone - seems Ally is IT!

Sad when backing the manager is tiresome! Sad when backing the manager leads to people wanting to sensor opinion! Sad days indeed!

Backing the manager is admirable and stability is key at football clubs. However the real test will be in a few seasons when we are trying to compete at the top. Will we be there through not spending a small fortune, having a young successful team on the park and having been profitable in the transfer market? I'm not sure.

I'm worried that our club is heading completely in the wrong direction and ally is part of that. I would be delighted if I'm proved wrong but there's a lot of work to do.

Sadly I think we have missed our chance to start building a good youth set up.

We are going to be in the toughest league in Scotland next season.

We should have kept 1 or 2 seasoned players at the start of our journey instead of splashing big wages on spl players and tried to find young talent from Scotland and England.

If they were coached correctly we would also be looking at getting a return for these players unlike signing players that could retire after their pay day at Rangers.

We also had the chance to sort out our style of play by getting the training sorted. Do some tactical training and try playing good passing and attacking football.

why would it be the case that we end up mid table with youth players when other teams can manage top 4 in the SPL with a similar budget of what you stated? Why is it that Ally only deems us able to win the lower leagues by having the second highest wage bill? why won't he coach youth?

Because he is incapable of coaching, tactics or conceding that he is not fit for the managers role.

Ally is costing us money and years in terms of progression to winning the top flight.

there is no investment forthcoming so we are going to be operating on a low budget year in year out unless some one comes in with money. What will happen when Ally runs out of ex players from Walters era to re-sign at the end of their careers?

So if we reduce our budget and lose as many games as Aberdeen you'd be ecstatic? I doubt it! I suspect The support in general would not condone it either !

Mcoist still thinks we are back in the 90s when we were able to buy top class players...his ability to destroy confidence and intelligence in players is quite remarkable. He probably still brlieves hes doing a great job as he is pretty untouchable tbh

He still thinks we're back in the 70s with his tactics. When do ever see a team hoofing it up the park to a lumbering striker these days?

Personal attacks - yep - ok, taht got me - Ally Oot - you win with your strong convincing arguments.

FFS at least make an attempt to contribute !

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Fucked out the Champions League by Malmo

Fucked out the Europa League by Maribor

Humiliated in the League cup by Falkirk

Embarrassed by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Season 2

Humiliated by QOTS in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Humiliated by Inverness in the League Cup

Season 3

Humiliated by Raith in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Forfar in the League Cup

Fucked out by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. AGAIN.

Signings

Success, failure or neither(imo)

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bartley F(played out of position)

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Not one good signing that summer

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Turgid, unattractive, hard to watch, route one, pathetic.

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Now after reading that can you give me some reasons why he should stay?

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Absolutely spot on and now we're going to lumbered with pish Ally signings for years to come with more on their way depressing

Madness is when you stab a manager in the back when he has delivered two leagues in a row, introduced new youth players, done it on a 30% turnover budget, with no transfer windows till January and then no budget, while all around him the support he should get from the board changes every few months. Madness is when you then take all that anger at what has happened to us and direct it at the man who has delivered stability, who actually has stood up and be counted, and though it all kept his dignity. Madness - yep I agree!

madness that a manager required the spending of 7mill a year on his first team wages to beat guys that actually play football as a hooby more than a living

madness that in his 3 years of being manager he has continually had the 2nd highest wage bill in scotland (arguable the highest under whyte) and in that time he has lost in 9 of 11 domestic competitions

madness that he has continually tried to pull the wool over the supports eyes with his half arsed tin pot excuses as to why his over paid, under performing and woefully coached players continually give below par performances

madness that we want something better than THAT

if thats the case then cart me off to the fucking loony bin as im as mad as a hatter

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

can this be pinned, posted, highlighted, stuck on the front of RM or whatever

if ever an argument was needed that mccoist is a diddy manager then this it

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

There's yer fucking dinner.

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

That's getting copied and pasted whenever BP9 or any of the other dullards start to slever about McCoist being a manager.

Best post I've ever seen on here.

It's because he is lazy and doesn't want to put in the effort required to develop a player. That and he wants to make sure his mates get a job and a payday. This is why when he retired instead of getting in to coaching he became a pundit which was the easy option and paid more.

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

Game, set and match.....brilliant post!!

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

Ok just in from the pub - and your effort requires a decent reply - but I canne be arsed trying to type it on the iPhone - is be here all night - I'll respond when I'm at my PC tomorrow. Gd night x

Ok just in from the pub - and your effort requires a decent reply - but I canne be arsed trying to type it on the iPhone - is be here all night - I'll respond when I'm at my PC tomorrow. Gd night x

i'll save you the bother

" i love ally, waaahhhh waaaahhhh waaaahhhh stop highlighting all his fucking failures and show the fact he's spent 14million on wages to win two part time leagues, one of them undefeated"

there how did i do, im not quite sure i really highlighted the complete picture of how you love ally (tu)