liam kelly

One of them is a Thomas Michael Kelly , who is Rangers daft , & he's just told me his grandsons name is Liam Kelly.

I always thought 'Liam' was short for 'William' ?

No Liam has never been short for William, Liam is a Catholic name William is not. Billy or Will is short for William :lol:

Ahh so one was called Liam...Guess that explains Kelly ;)

The ignorance shown in this thread regarding names is staggering.

Uilliam is the Irish equivalent to William. Itself derived from the Norman name Guilielm or Guillaume which themselves derive from the old Germanic name Willahelm. Liam is the shortened form in Irish.

Of course some folk want to go out of their way to slag off one of the stars of the youth team because of his name.

The ignorance shown in this thread regarding names is staggering.

Uilliam is the Irish equivalent to William. Itself derived from the Norman name Guilielm or Guillaume which themselves derive from the old Germanic name Willahelm. Liam is the shortened form in Irish.

Of course some folk want to go out of their way to slag off one of the stars of the youth team because of his name.

FFS :lol: bet you never need to spend to much on rounds ya boring bassa ;-)

I don't give a tinkers rats arse if a player is black, white, yellow or anything in between. I don't care if they are Protestant, Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic or what ever. Pull on the jersey (Gersey???) and giving your all for Rangers Football Club is ALL I have ever cared about. Oh and as good friend once commented to me "iain ye ken the difference between a kafflic and a fenian?, The Kafflic will play for Rangers. This says it all.