Language towards fellow Bears

No they don't.

When admin 'step in' everyone slates them for censoring the forum. They also have jobs/lives away from the forum so can't burrow through every post to make sure no one crosses the line. You yourself point out that the report function is there. If something offends you, use it. If someone consistently offends you, block them.

There's a difference between stepping in to a debate and stepping in when people saying "fuck off" or "cunt" in response to a someone giving an opinion.

The forum is becoming a joke because of some people.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between stepping in to a debate and stepping in when people saying "fuck off" or "cunt" in response to a someone giving an opinion.

The forum is becoming a joke because of some people.

It's a matter of perspective.

I don't see why they should get involved when someone says 'fuck off'. If they done that then they'd need to curb swearing on the forum altogether, and that's just unmanageable.

I don't see why they should get involved when someone says 'fuck off'. If they done that then they'd need to curb swearing on the forum altogether, and that's just unmanageable.

I'm talking in perspective, I've saw it and been the victim of it.

If someone has something to say and you don't like it, it doesn't give you the right to abuse them.

I'm talking in perspective, I've saw it and been the victim of it.

If someone has something to say and you don't like it, it doesn't give you the right to abuse them.

Well if you don't like it, report it when you see it! Admin can't just run around being the forum police in case someone gets offended.

Fuck off is a perfectly valid retort in Scottish debating :D

Before you were asking for admin to dive into arguments, now you're saying we should act like adults?

Since when are they 2 different things? Let me be clear:

- People should behave like adults, and not wee neds.

- If people still can't act like adults and insist on abusing fellow fans(regardless of their opinion) then admin should look at it.

I don't feel I should have to report something before people stop it.

Fuck off is a perfectly valid retort in Scottish debating :D

Sometimes I find it hard to know what is the abuse and what is just normal Scottish language. If anyone thinks it just applies to this forum or one side of the divide they are delusional.

I, like probably most people are deeply disturbed by the choice of language being used towards fellow Rangers supporters. We have posters calling fellow fans Rebels, Rhebels, Rebs, Scum, Taigs, Spivs, cunts etc etc etc.

This simply has to stop. We are fractured right now. To keep up the abuse and we may become completely broken. I think that we should have a blanket ban on any abusive behavior and or language towards those who do not agree with you. Whether you are Pro-Board, Anti-Board or sit on the fence.... no one is deliberately trying to damage Ranger football club.

Yes debate. Debate is a wonderful thing. But for the love of god, how are you going to get someone round to your thinking by calling them a cunt or a rhebel or a spiv? This is an absolute clusterfuck right now and it is up to us as a support to sort ourselves out.

The Loudern are holding an event to try and bring groups etc together. Surely we can afford that courtesy in here too.

WATP

What a load of one sided Rhebel shite. :pipe:

Nae bother da! Na seriously relationship between fans are strained. However no matter the difference of opinion on here. Everyone wants one thing, what's best for the club.

Except the egotistical pricks who want what's best for themselves

There's a thread on FF saying the same thing and, like this one, it's full of people insisting that 'they deserve it', 'not real fans', etc, etc.

The breathtaking arrogance on display about this issue is soul crushing. No-one, but no-one, knows the best way forward and people posting with absolute certainty that their way is the right way and abusing anyone who disagrees with them isn't helping anyone, we're all worried about the future.

We can be absolutely certain only about things we do not understand.

The language does leave a lot to be desired, but it is not that alone, it's the constant barrage of misused adjectives, verbs,and nouns, not to mention, the lack of well spaced paragraphs and punctuation marks, that are cause for concern.

Spelling can also be improved, as this can be a trigger that can be the cause of much of the bad feeling amongst the rival factions. It would help if capital letters were used at the proper time, as a lot of the emphasis is lost when they are missed.

This is important when impressing on the person your need to convey your message, as in, Fenian, Taig, Cunt, Bawbag, Fanny, Fud, Knob, Fucker, Tim Fucker, Fucken Tim, Reb, Rheb, Rhebel, Fucken Reb, Dirty Fucken Rheb, Dirty Fucken Spiv, Spiv Cunt, Dirty Fucken Spiv Cunt, Dirty Fucken Rhebel Cunt.............

I'm sure I may have missed out a few wee swearies, but I'm confident the majority of posters will agree, that when more thought is put into the presentation of the intended slight, the receiver of the slight will recognise, that a lot of thought and preparation went into the slight, and will realise this, (the accusation aside) and should go a long way to actual mutual respect of each others' right of expression.

Something I like to remember, is that it is a football forum, and not Bible studies or a ballet discussion forum, but I do realise some people are more sensitive than others, when their argument is robustly challenged.

:7325:

I, like probably most people are deeply disturbed by the choice of language being used towards fellow Rangers supporters. We have posters calling fellow fans Rebels, Rhebels, Rebs, Scum, Taigs, Spivs, cunts etc etc etc.

This simply has to stop. We are fractured right now. To keep up the abuse and we may become completely broken. I think that we should have a blanket ban on any abusive behavior and or language towards those who do not agree with you. Whether you are Pro-Board, Anti-Board or sit on the fence.... no one is deliberately trying to damage Ranger football club.

Yes debate. Debate is a wonderful thing. But for the love of god, how are you going to get someone round to your thinking by calling them a cunt or a rhebel or a spiv? This is an absolute clusterfuck right now and it is up to us as a support to sort ourselves out.

The Loudern are holding an event to try and bring groups etc together. Surely we can afford that courtesy in here too.

WATP

When these "fans" stop hoping for admin and or liquidation, stop making knock-off tops to deprive our club of money, stop celebrating the lack of activity with regards to season tickets and stop running to the rhags and the police because they're not getting their way... maybe then I'll stop calling them scum, rebels, bheasts!

I couldn't give two shits if you find it "deeply disturbing", they are not fans and they won't be treated as such!

When these "fans" stop hoping for admin and or liquidation, stop making knock-off tops to deprive our club of money, stop celebrating the lack of activity with regards to season tickets and stop running to the rhags and the police because they're not getting their way... maybe then I'll stop calling them scum, rebels, bheasts!

I couldn't give two shits if you find it "deeply disturbing", they are not fans and they won't be treated as such!

And the problem is, you and those like you give anyone, who doesn't like the board, that label. Despite them doing none of the above.

Some of them deserve it.

Standing outside our ticket office taking photos and celebrating a lack of activity in the area is the behaviour of a tim, no if's or buts.

Running to the press with every story bad about Rangers is the behaviour of a tim, no if's or buts.

This 100%.

Act like one and you shall be labelled one.