Tournament Win For 13′s In Holland

Elfideldo

i said it a while ago on here, when george adams was in charge of our youth development he made the kids play against players older than them

the 14's would play 16's, the 17's would play 19's, he especially focused this idea on the most talented youngsters, some 17 and 18yo's were stars in the reserves

he done this to acclimatise the boys with playing against guys older and more physically developed than them, this meant the young bears had to both grow up fast and learn to take the hard stuff, but to also develop technically so that they could out fox brute force

surprisingly the george adams reign was the best we'eve ever had in terms of developing youth

Would he take the position of director of football at Ibrox (he holds a similar position at Ross County)? (though his son is the manager there).

He also worked under Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen so his background is fantastic. Left Rangers after a few clashes with Martin Bain if I remember correctly, so it may be something he is interested in doing.

Would he take the position of director of football at Ibrox (he holds a similar position at Ross County)? (though his son is the manager there).

He also worked under Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen so his background is fantastic. Left Rangers after a few clashes with Martin Bain if I remember correctly, so it may be something he is interested in doing.

doubt he would go back to ibrox now, which is a crying shame as he's the best youth director we ever had

the 14's would play 16's, the 17's would play 19's, he especially focused this idea on the most talented youngsters, some 17 and 18yo's were stars in the reserves

I do think we have regressed since George Adams left, but only a few players played above their age group when he was at Rangers.

You may have a 16 playing at 18's under him on occasions but at the younger groups would play one year up at best, and this would only be the best one or two players.

I do think we have regressed since George Adams left, but only a few players played above their age group when he was at Rangers.

You may have a 16 playing at 18's under him on occasions but at the younger groups would play one year up at best, and this would only be the best one or two players.

you probably know more than me mate, im just going on what i remember being told back then from a boy playing at rangers

back then we were also giving 17yo's their first team debut in cup games and stuff, maybe we should use the league and ramsdens cup for that purpose this coming season

you probably know more than me mate, im just going on what i remember being told back then from a boy playing at rangers

back then we were also giving 17yo's their first team debut in cup games and stuff, maybe we should use the league and ramsdens cup for that purpose this coming season

The Ramsdens Cup should have been the perfect vehicle for McCoist to use the best youth and see what they were made of. A meaningless cup that was a distraction no more no less.

He could easily have picked 7 or 8 of our best youth players along with 3 or 4 senior pros and used those games to evaluate the likes of Crawford, Gasparotto, Telfer,Murdoch, McKay, Halkett etc etc.

The fans (i believe) would have accepted it and it would have taken some pressure off McCoist in regards playing the kids. After a few games in the Ramsdens Cup you would quite quickly be able to pick out those kids that were good enough and those that weren't.

A win win situation for manager,players and the fans as it would reduce the countless arguments about who is and isn't good enough.

For reasons best known to McCoist he chose to play the same 1st team players in virtually every game last season.

Think its more of a social aspect that makes kids in our country mentally not able to concentrate and perform to the best to their ability. The same often gets said about England now that the large number of players are from overseas, people question is it the coaching or is it the kids? Ive coached grass roots at U11-U16 age groups and the fact they cannot take a task seriously or would rather show off in front of their mates makes it damaging and the point of exercise useless. Id also point out that the younger ones once said to me they dont want to be there but their parents see it as a babysitters club at a cheap rate. The older ones won't do as their told and some of them would drink more on a Friday night than i did. Look at countries like the Netherlands and Spain. Strict coaching and PE means kids are more active, disciplined therefor become better players naturally. Unless we change it from the social aspects and the schooling of PE we will continue to produce duds with the exception of a very limited few

Next to no coverage on the official site is the main reason I started the blog 7 years ago

Most informative thanks, who's coming through in your opinion that has the "wow" factor and any that have a real chance of making it?