Who said it was impossible to play football for 4 hours? If you want to play for 4 hours no one's stopping you.

So you think it's possible to play 4 hours of football without a significant drop in athletic performance? As this is possible with tennis.

That's the whole intensity argument.

So you think it's possible to play 4 hours of football without a significant drop in athletic performance? As this is possible with tennis.

That's the whole intensity argument.

What on earth makes you think it's possible to play 4 hours of tennis without a performance drop? That idea is ludicrous, not even most pros can do that. Even Murray and Djokovic are suffering after 4 hours. The only reason they can produce quality tennis after that amount of time is because they are extraordinary athletes, not average joes. You're comparing the endurance of the top top tennis players with your average bloke on the street footballer.

I'm not arguing playing 4 hours of tennis is tougher than 90 minutes of football, because it definitely is.

I'm saying 90 minutes of football is harder than 90 minutes of tennis, which is undeniable.

I wasn't arguing with you mate, just pointing out different types of fitness.

Apparently it is to some though...

We'll have to agree to disagree then, as dummiesoot said, different kinds of fitness, but some obviously have to be a bit of a prick when it comes to differing viewpoints concerning said fitness.