Never liked Federer since he said Murray wouldn't win a slam playing like he did (post match after Murray pumped him in a match). Seemed pretty bitter.

Back when Murray was about 19 and beat prime Federer in Cincinnati in 2006 I think that was. He only lost 5 matches that year, 4 to Nadal and 1 to Murray.

That put me off him a bit as well tbh. He's not as direct when it comes to being a bad loser as say Serena, but he can get pretty salty when he loses. The losses to Del Potro in the US Open final and to Djokovic when he cames from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at the US Open semis come to mind, you could see in the press conferences he was shooting out all kinds of subtle insults.

IIRC he pretty much directly said Djokovic closed his eyes and hit lucky shots, and was a twat to the umpire throughout the Del Potro match.

Back when Murray was about 19 and beat prime Federer in Cincinnati in 2006 I think that was. He only lost 5 matches that year, 4 to Nadal and 1 to Murray.

That put me off him a bit as well tbh. He's not as direct when it comes to being a bad loser as say Serena, but he can get pretty salty when he loses. The losses to Del Potro in the US Open final and to Djokovic when he cames from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at the US Open semis come to mind, you could see in the press conferences he was shooting out all kinds of subtle insults.

He was actually OFFENDED by that US Open semi result :lol:

Kheredine Idessane has just said it was a close match between two greats at the top of their game.

I'm not expert, but that surely flatters Murray.

It was close theoretically with only one break of serve in each set. Only 2 breaks of serve in the other semi.

The story is that although Gasquet and Murray competed, neither of them broke into the match or threatened. It all went to seed really.

He was actually OFFENDED by that US Open semi result :lol:

He actually was :lol: Some of his quotes from that press conference are really something, never seen him like that except for during the Del Potro match.

"I should be doing the other press conference".

"It's awkward having to explain this loss."

"He was out of it, just a lucky shot at the end."

"Clearly, I never should have lost".

On whether being asked Novak's shot was a result of his confidence after having a great 2011:

"Confidence? Are you kidding me? I mean, please. Look, some players grow up and play like that. I remember losing junior matches. Just being down 5‑2 in the third, and they all just start slapping shots everywhere, and they all go in. I don't play like that, I believe in hard work."

He actually was :lol: Some of his quotes from that press conference are really something, never seen him like that except for during the Del Potro match.

"I should be doing the other press conference".

"It's awkward having to explain this loss."

"He was out of it, just a lucky shot at the end."

"Clearly, I never should have lost".

On whether being asked Novak's shot was a result of his confidence after having a great 2011:

"Confidence? Are you kidding me? I mean, please. Look, some players grow up and play like that. I remember losing junior matches. Just being down 5‑2 in the third, and they all just start slapping shots everywhere, and they all go in. I don't play like that, I believe in hard work."

The funniest thing is he played a number of shots as outrageously ballsy as that one in the 2008 Wimbledon final, including an insane down-the-line backhand winner on match point, when he had far more to lose than Djokovic did in 2011. It was just the first time anybody had ever turned the tables on him like that and he had no idea what to do.

Djo's "getting" today was really something. As Gasquet unleashed his best inside out backhand up into the deuce. court, it brought gasps from the crowd, who thought it a winner. Well it was against Stan. Elastic Man had read it and was on his way and sending it back with interest.

This happened on many occasions. Wingspan and leg speed are the best ever.

The funniest thing is he played a number of shots as outrageously ballsy as that one in the 2008 Wimbledon final, including an insane down-the-line backhand winner on match point, when he had far more to lose than Djokovic did in 2011. It was just the first time anybody had ever turned the tables on him like that and he had no idea what to do.

That and maybe the fact that that was the second time in two slams where that had happened to him. Tsonga came from 2 sets down to beat him at Wimbledon the previous slam. I'd be pissed as well having that happen two slams in a row tbh :lol:

It was close theoretically with only one break of serve in each set. Only 2 breaks of serve in the other semi.

The story is that although Gasquet and Murray competed, neither of them broke into the match or threatened. It all went to seed really.

I just had the feeling that Federer stepped it up as it approached set point towards the end of each set.

It was almost like he was so in control that he was only going up a gear as the crunch points approached.

Then again, it makes more sense for him to finish it off early.

I just had the feeling that Federer stepped it up as it approached set point towards the end of each set.

It was almost like he was so in control that he was only going up a gear as the crunch points approached.

Then again, it makes more sense for him to finish it off early.

I think Federer intentionally stepped up towards the end of the each set - attempting to win each set with a break on the Murray serve to ensure that he would begin serving the following set, which gives a psychological advantage over an opponent especially when they're behind in the match.

I think Federer intentionally stepped up towards the end of the each set - attempting to win each set with a break on the Murray serve to ensure that he would begin serving the following set, which gives a psychological advantage over an opponent especially when they're behind in the match.

I said as much watching it, Murray service games were won without a fuss until serving to stay in the set.