Beating Sampras at the US Open is a great achievement whatever the circumstances but Safin was a hugely talented young gun with nothing to lose against a Sampras slipping into the throes of a 2-year titleless streak. Del Potro is a good shout, although again, I would have bet more on Del Potro winning multiple slams than I would on Federer beating the world number 3 and world number 1 back to back at Wimbledon, aged 33, three years after his last slam. Can't think of anything comparable.

I actually can't believe it's been 6 years since Del Potro won that major. That poor sod has been robbed of a career by injuries. The landscape of tennis would surely have been very different today had he stayed healthy, I reckon you can be fairly certain Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, would have had less slams if he hadn't got injured.

I actually can't believe it's been 6 years since Del Potro won that major. That poor sod has been robbed of a career by injuries. The landscape of tennis would surely have been very different today had he stayed healthy, I reckon you can be fairly certain Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, would have had less slams if he hadn't got injured.

Soderling as well tbh

Two ridiculous talents and both comfortably better than Cilic, for example.

Have you ever had the pleasure of seeing him play in person? TV doesn't really do justice to that forehand. A minute's silence wouldn't really do it justice :lol:

Murray needs to sort out that second serve. With that said Federer was unbelievable. He was like a tennis robot.

That little flip shot he played when Murray (and everyone else) thought he had hit a winner was outrageous, Federer was winning most of his service games to love or 15, when nearly all of Murray's were going deuce/advantage, the best man won on the day, final should be good.

20-19 according to wiki to Federer in the 39 head to heads.

This would be the icing on the cake for Roger. He has hung on for another Slam when some said he was past his best.

He knew he was still competing at top level and had the belief to produce peak, albeit on fewer occasions.

The tears when he couldn't get the record breaking Slam. Many losses in Slams when he never produced his best or players streaked against him. The patience, the tenacity, and the pure tennis make him the greatest. Four final losses in the French to Nadal before he got his chance to win.

The greatest win for me was Andy winning Wimbledon. The monkey on the back, the pressure, the expectation, playing, a "great" in the final , first since 1933? He was seeded 4?

This would be as great in a different way of course and I would love it. Roger has Andy's number. Here he is playing another great though who is playing peak and serving over 70 percent first ATM too. Djo will return better than anyone. He WILL get onto a lot of serves. It will be different. Djo is one of the best at reading and positioning for the second serve. Roger has the best second serve ever IMO.

Hoping for one of these classic finals.

I will stop watching unless someone showing something a bid different comes up. Currently it looks like big serving giraffes and who the fuck wants to watch that.

eh you need tae serve tae start point so I don't see much changing.. I don't see it as just serving master class the athletic ability of players now makes it great watching Imo.