Hibs sack Terry Butcher

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he's been sacrificed to appease the fans and take some heat off Petrie?

I think it had more to do with the fact that he took a side sitting comfortable in seventh to relegation via a play-off, following one win in eighteen and throwing away a two-nil lead in the first leg against Hamilton. :lol:

People-wise, Hibs are a cunt club. Infrastructure-wise, they're in a good place; impressive stadium, state of the art training ground, etc.

How they went down is beyond me. This will be a huge, huge shit on Butcher's CV.

The media are saying that it was that. Dempster who came from Motherwell's decision rather than Petrie's and McCall is being linked (second favourite) to take the job.

It seems weird to get rid of all their players basically, that seemed to be Butcher's decision and it seemed like they reached the conclusion that the players were more culpable than the manager (or managers, Fenlon included). Dempster did well at Motherwell but McCall should probably learn from Butcher's mistake.

What's Petrie actually guilty of?

His track record in appointing managers is pretty atrocious and they've went from having a very exiting young team to being in the second tier. I know they spent their money on the infrastructure of the club, but there's been a huge decline during his regime.

The media are saying that it was that. Dempster who came from Motherwell's decision rather than Petrie's and McCall is being linked (second favourite) to take the job.

I'm sorry, you've completely lost me there. That second part especially doesn't really make any sense.

I'm sorry, you've completely lost me there. That second part especially doesn't really make any sense.

Hibs appointed Leann Dempster as CEO fairy recently. Journalist/media types who have twitter are saying it was her decision to sack Butcher & she wants McCall to leave Motherwell & join Hibs & he's second favourite for the job behind Ian Murray.

Hibs appointed Leann Dempster as CEO fairy recently. Journalist/media types who have twitter are saying it was her decision to sack Butcher & she wants McCall to leave Motherwell & join Hibs & he's second favourite for the job behind Ian Murray.

Ah, right. I get you now. (tu)

Never seen the other thread, but I would say it is Rangers related as there was a recent poll in the Bears Den to see if we would have him back.

Apologises to all who feel the same as 'King Jela' :lol:

An apology isn't good enough. You should kill yourself.

Ian Murray's just signed a 2 year contract at Dumbarton. By the time Butcher's been paid off there isn't going to be much left for paying compensation to another club for their manager so realistically its going to be a free agent, such as Lennon.

Danny Lennon that is.