What a difference 5 yrs makes

Blue63

I was doing a wee spot of tidying up last night and was moving some of my footie bits and I came across the following T-Shirt I got at the Emirates Cup, looking at it, I felt pretty nostalgic and it brought back memories of a really good weekend, but this was quickly replaced by anger at where I find my lifelong team, yes in a mere 5 yrs. We have gone from playing with the likes of PSG, arguably one of the world richest teams with Zlantan, Cavani etc, Athletico Madrid, Champions League Finalists and Arsenal FA Cup Winners to a shambolic laughing stock, both on and off the field. There are a lot of people out there with a lot to answer for sure, in the words of Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge "This is a Clusterfuck", and it need to end pronto, so we can get back to where we belong.

post-60938-0-81994100-1402490218_thumb.j

That was a quality weekend, on the first day we beat PSG and most stayed to watch the Arsenal vs Athletico game, all you could hear was Follow Follow and Glasgow Rangers Champions even though we werent even playing. We showed them we really are the people that day.

Nearly all pubs in the area had signs saying "home fans only" so all the Bears just got a carryout and sat on benches along the road having a sash bash, brilliant day and OP is correct oh how times have changed.

And I'm looking forward 5 years to when our "shambolic laughing stock" of a club as you put it ( :redcard: ) will hopefully once again be back regularly playing teams of that calibre in proper competition.

It has not been easy so far but we are still heading in the right direction.

Half the job done, in least possible time, so far.

Hmmm, but financially embarrassed, a squad not nearly good enough for even the SPL, a manager who is not up to the job, continual changes of board/chairman, fans deeply divided, complacent players who go through the motions and young players lacking belief in their opportunities to make the grade.

Hmmm, but financially embarrassed, a squad not nearly good enough for even the SPL, a manager who is not up to the job, continual changes of board/chairman, fans deeply divided, complacent players who go through the motions and young players lacking belief in their opportunities to make the grade.

Things can change quickly (and will once we achieve the main target of getting into the top league with the opportunity of European football). So far we are on target for that main priority, albeit on a rocky road so far.

Apologies if my original post was perceived as slightly negative in some quarters, not my attention at all, merely a comment on our current situation, which I dearly hope ends very soon, trust me I love The Teddy Bears.

post-60938-0-78079400-1402567251_thumb.j

post-60938-0-21308700-1402567293_thumb.j

Apologies if my original post was perceived as slightly negative in some quarters, not my attention at all, merely a comment on our current situation, which I dearly hope ends very soon, trust me I love The Teddy Bears.

No one can be blamed for feeling negative at the moment mate.

We all do, keep believing and supporting the team , don't let the miserable or corrupt bastards pull you down.

:uk:

Spot on! There are divisions in our support, but who's gonna pack it in? None of us!!

We are the people, massive Loyal support and we're on our way back! :gerbad:

When we first went down to 3rd Div I honestly thought the next 3 years would feel like 6 but in all honesty it has passed fairly quickly and come May we will be back in the SPFL. If we can rustle up some investment then there is room to feel positive.

Chin up Bears.

I can't believe the Emirates Cup was five years ago. The older you get, time and your life disappears.

I remember watching us against PSG in the pub with my mates.

I would kill to back to that period; Davis, Naismith, McGregor, Edu, etc. These days, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, but that group have us some fantastic memories.

Hall of fame thread here!

Why do this?

Admin. I would challenge every poster on this thread, if I were you!

This

Reekin!

I think it's more reminiscing than anything sinister, although the negativity of some of the posts is more sad than anything else. I'm sure some people on here would love to be as optimistic as you, but sitting in the stand last season watching supporters leaving early to go home or to the pub before the game ends is not a sign that all Rangers supporters are happy.