Our first year back...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep , you can't underestimate how important the managers task is .

Fans can say we don't have the players , and to an extent that's true , but it's up to the manager to get the best out of what he has. I gave Souness as an example , you could add Big Eck to that , when he came in halfway through a season and won two cups with a team that struggled under Advocaat .

To be fair, that team included Ronald De Boer, Arveladze, Arthur Numan, Klos, Lovenkrands and so on. Not even remotely comparable to what McCoist has to work with.

Don't think, and never have done so, that we will win the Premiership first season back. The most serious question has to be who currently playing in the SPL would improve our squad that is available? I do not see us attracting players who are an improvement from over seas and most take a year or two to settle anyway. This said one place I would look to is Costa Rica. Scottish football is dire all the way from the Premiership to the lowest divisions. We do need a comprehensive player development program at Murray Park and this is why I hope Christian Nerlinger is our next signing, he needs to get this program in place and pronto.

Off topic but wouldn't underestimate this new gaffer of theirs. Would much prefer facing that mob if lemmon still in charge.Given their downsizing(?) this boy could be a very decent appointment. Seemingly gets his team playing well, spots a player and develops to good profit, beats in league and cups more established teams with more expensive players.Hope for whatever reason he doesnt settle well but am initially wary given he'll have a year to plan before we hopefully get up.

You seem to have bought into the liewell style of thinking. He will be glad someone has, Matalan not Catalan.

Downsize fc has struggled badly without the True Champions of Scotland in their league.

To be fair, that team included Ronald De Boer, Arveladze, Arthur Numan, Klos, Lovenkrands and so on. Not even remotely comparable to what McCoist has to work with.

Are you comparing the celtic team that martin O'Neill spent multi millions on, a team that went to a European final the following year, to the tarriers team of now?

Not saying we didn't have the players , we did . My point being , Big Eck got more out of them in the second half of the season than Advocaat did in the first.

Certainly not comparable in standard of quality with what Ally has to work with , but the same principles apply. I do feel Ally hasn't got the best out of what he has .

You seem to have bought into the liewell style of thinking. He will be glad someone has, Matalan not Catalan.

Downsize fc has struggled badly without the True Champions of Scotland in their league.

I dont buy into this myth he has made massive profits on players, not from what i can see online.

They were supposedly after clarke, keane, moyes blah blah what do they end up with? A stripper nobodys heard of from the norwegian league.

Its the cheap option with no real competition for them domestically any decent team will humiliate those scumbags.

No. Not going to happen.

The only way it would be possible is someone coming in and throwing 10s of millions at us to build a team capable.

I'd still doubt our manager would make the right signings and make the right decisions during games tbh.

We are coming.

They know it and it terrifies them.

After dining out on our troubles for a few years the day if reckoning is fast approaching.

We may not be quite strong enough yet, but by the time we go back to the top league we will be and that is what the conniving teams that sent us down are running scared of.

Well they should be.

Regardless of who owns or runs us, we will still build a team capable of slapping them down.

Winning the league at first go might be ambitious but we will keep rebuilding and resume our domination of Scottish football.

There will be some knocks along the way but we will pick ourselves up and keep going forward.

They should have killed us when they had the chance.

There is an old Russian saying....If you are going to poke a sleeping bear with a stick, you'd better be prepared to deal with it when it wakens.

I feel the next two seasons will be spectacular for bears with highs and lows but as always we shall prevail cos We Are The People.

There is an old Russian saying....If you are going to poke a sleeping bear with a stick, you'd better be prepared to deal with it when it wakens.

Can we really give credit to Russians for this? Since time began I'm sure humans new not to poke Bears with sticks.

Except for when they pulled in around 40million quid in champions league revenue, including an appearance in the last 16,while we were spending 14million to win 2 part time leagues

They spunked most of that on keeping them afloat you seem to be overly positive on the scum and overly negative on the Rangers.

Why have they brought in a nobody as Manager.

Why cant they fill their ground.

High wages and bad deals by lennon will have spunked a lot of that cash.

They spunked most of that on keeping them afloat you seem to be overly positive on the scum and overly negative on the Rangers.

Why have they brought in a nobody as Manager.

Why cant they fill their ground.

High wages and bad deals by lennon will have spunked a lot of that cash.

not overly positive, just being realistic, they brought in a nobody manager because once again they have a free run at the title and know that they need to overcome 3 CL qualifiers in which they will be favourites for all 3, why pay big bucks for a top manager that will want big bucks for the squad when you dont have to, a lesson we could have used 2 years ago

they cannot fill their ground, but neither can we or anyone else for that matter

people need to be realistic about our situation and the tarriers, all this talk about them paying back big loans etc is for now all talk and rumour, the fact is they still have a team better than ours, even if they sold their prize assets they'd still have a better team, and the money they take in from sales will help them buy potential again to build up and sell for profit

we are in a situation where our 3 newest signings can all leave us next summer before the premiership and there's nothing we can do about it

See the people on this thread slagging the bheggers nobody manager, keep it shut and concentrate on our own mess before it comes back to haunt us. That nobody of a manager guided a team from relegation nobodies to champions of their country for the first time in forty years playing some decent attacking football it seems along the way.

Lets concentrate on our own mess of a manager who has crashed out of every competition he's entered and spent millions to beat part timers playing absolute disgraceful football along the way.

So much will change in the next year....players will improve, players will fall away or move on. I think we need to focus on this season first and I think that's why the new signings have been only given one year deals so we can reevaluate next season.

See the people on this thread slagging the bheggers nobody manager, keep it shut and concentrate on our own mess before it comes back to haunt us. That nobody of a manager guided a team from relegation nobodies to champions of their country for the first time in forty years playing some decent attacking football it seems along the way.

Lets concentrate on our own mess of a manager who has crashed out of every competition he's entered and spent millions to beat part timers playing absolute disgraceful football along the way.

Good realty check Goat .Its too true .You would never believe some of the bears on here had been going to the games last two years .

So much will change in the next year....players will improve, players will fall away or move on. I think we need to focus on this season first and I think that's why the new signings have been only given one year deals so we can reevaluate next season.

Yes Kev but we can see the scenario unfold .If we do well these guys will be looking for better contracts with more money .Where will that leave us with two old codgers going into Premiership .Then if they don't do quite as well and we need to find a couple of strikers quickly for top league or Championship all over again .Im happy they have signed but Ally has really made a rod for himself here .Big time

not overly positive, just being realistic, they brought in a nobody manager because once again they have a free run at the title and know that they need to overcome 3 CL qualifiers in which they will be favourites for all 3, why pay big bucks for a top manager that will want big bucks for the squad when you dont have to, a lesson we could have used 2 years ago

they cannot fill their ground, but neither can we or anyone else for that matter

people need to be realistic about our situation and the tarriers, all this talk about them paying back big loans etc is for now all talk and rumour, the fact is they still have a team better than ours, even if they sold their prize assets they'd still have a better team, and the money they take in from sales will help them buy potential again to build up and sell for profit

we are in a situation where our 3 newest signings can all leave us next summer before the premiership and there's nothing we can do about it

Similar to the way I see it.

I'd love all the rumours to be true , but we're hanging our coat on a shoogley nail if we rely on it.

See it for what it is - why spend a fortune to win a league that's already won ?

The only goal they have next season is to do enough to get past three Euro qualifiers and get CL money.

lets face it for a rangers supporter you seem to only get any positives in your posts when celtic are mentioned for Rangers you are all doom and gloom.

Let's not go overboard here he won the Norwegian version of the SPL against teams like Odd fc, FK Haugesund, Sogdal fc and the giants of Sarpsborg 08. A large chunk of the time he was fighting relegation with his team.

If Delia was any good he would not even be in a backwater like the SPL in the first place English clubs would have snapped him up for a lot more than co-op fc could pay. Delia is only here cause Liewell knows even a traffic cone could win them the league next season.

As for the super attacking Football his teams play heard the same crap about PLG and Dr Jo.

If Rangers as a club gets it's act together over the next 12 months we'll win the league against this clown, it's not what he or they do that's important it's about what Rangers do.