Alleged Plagiarism of RFC articles by Evening Times

Ace

@rfc_dickson: Could someone at @TheEveningTimes explain why they copied and pasted my match report from today's game on to their website please?

@rfc_dickson: And when I say they copied and pasted it, I mean the whole thing. All 700-800 words of it, word for word. An embarrassment @TheEveningTimes

@rfc_dickson: They have previous for the same sort of thing but this is a new low. Completely unprofessional in the extreme @TheEveningTimes

---xxx---

This is a shocking breach of Journalistic ethics & a possible breach of copyright law as every article posted on RFC website is actually legally protected.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy Dickson is a dick.

That's your takeaway from this, not the abuse of the clubs media work but just abuse the clubs employee instead.

Good work (!!)

That's your takeaway from this, not the abuse of the clubs media work but just abuse the clubs employee instead.

Good work (!!)

Having met him and shared a drink with him, I feel I can make such a comment, he's a horrible individual. This is the man that wanted Rangers Supporters lifted for signing one of our songs.

Having met him and shared a drink with him, I feel I can make such a comment, he's a horrible individual. This is the man that wanted Rangers Supporters lifted for signing one of our songs.

I know what he moaned about and he quite right too but that's not the point if this thread. ... is it?

Rangers actually may have some legal high ground here. Unless the Evening times have given Credit to Rangers & hyperlinked www.Rangers.co.uk into their article, as all articles on Rangers.co.uk have this at the bottom:

24uywxg.png

P.s Andrew Dickson is a tit. Met him on the Ibrox Tour and he's as arrogant as they come. Total tosspot.

Dicko is constantly moaning

But in this instance he is entirely spot on. I write for a youth football website and recently a paper wanted to use one of my reports as it featured a side from their local area in a national cup final. As any article posted is protected they needed the express permission of the copyright holder whilst also having the decency to ask if I was happy for it to be used also. For them to simply copy and paste an article and then pass it off as their own is very dodgy territory.

I've worked alongside him on a few occasions and found him to be nothing but courteous and polite.

I've worked alongside him on a few occasions and found him to be nothing but courteous and polite.

I find anyone who wants his own fans jailed as nothing more than pond water.

Not heard very many say anything nice about him who know him personally, I gather his online persona must reflect his offline one too.

Rangers actually may have some legal high ground here. Unless the Evening times have given Credit to Rangers & hyperlinked www.Rangers.co.uk into their article, as all articles on Rangers.co.uk have this at the bottom:

24uywxg.png

P.s Andrew Dickson is a tit. Met him on the Ibrox Tour and he's as arrogant as they come. Total tosspot.

Even if they have given credit, the permission is only granted with regards to quotes taken.

Even if they have given credit, the permission is only granted with regards to quotes taken.

I notice though, If the Evening Times have actually used the article in a printed version, there's absolutely nothing Rangers can do about it. If you read their little copyright notice, it says to "Permission to use quotations from this article online"

That really should just read "permission to use quotations from this article is only granted subject to yadda yadda yadda"

Not heard very many say anything nice about him who know him personally, I gather his online persona must reflect his offline one too.

I can only go on what I've experienced of him. I've done a few games at Ibrox in the last year and Dickson was more than happy to show me round, take me to the press room and up to the press box and also get me a wee chat with McCoist. Even made the point of making sure I was comfortable making my way back to the press room at HT and telling me how to get down get a pie and a bovril.

:lol:

No wonder we get walked over now.

Wee reptiles grassing their own support in and being backed up by pee ons seeking love from everyone.

Peon ... that's rather polite, so thanks.