Alleged Plagiarism of RFC articles by Evening Times

Ace

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since journos took over the input of text it became common practice for them to lift stories from Reuters and other agencies word for word without any comeback so a wee sports story from a wee man isn't a blip on their radar. There is no honour now amongst these thieves so deal with it ! post-75-0-32662300-1404729117_thumb.jpg

@rfc_dickson: Could someone at @TheEveningTimes explain why they copied and pasted my match report from today's game on to their website please?

@rfc_dickson: And when I say they copied and pasted it, I mean the whole thing. All 700-800 words of it, word for word. An embarrassment @TheEveningTimes

@rfc_dickson: They have previous for the same sort of thing but this is a new low. Completely unprofessional in the extreme @TheEveningTimes

---xxx---

This is a shocking breach of Journalistic ethics & a possible breach of copyright law as every article posted on RFC website is actually legally protected.

I'm more concerned that we had to come from behind to beat them, The Dick should be glad the article was cut and paste as no doubt it tried to make it look a lot better than what it was.

I had a quick look at his twitter and didn't see him mention the result or game.

I know it's a friendly and might be getting carried away but I can see another season with the Clueless One playing the usual shit football.

Even when we are 100% in the right, clearly and obviously, still more fans on here would rather side with the media than the club.

Things becoming more perverse by the minute.

A very valid point.

Dickson is this and that why?

Cause he wanted Rangers fans jailed. If you look at it what's he meant to do on hearing stuff he knows ain't right? Just sit back and let it go?

It's particularly interesting given you can regularly see calls for fans to be banned from Ibrox on here without much condemnation.

Anyone breaking the law should be jailed - we can debate the merits of said law and I'd probably be inclined to agree with you, but that's besides the point. The day he spoke of was embarrassing for the Club, so much so it issued a statement at half time. So much so that ESPN had to make an apology on-air. So much so that our manager had to come out and make a statement about it.

We, again, can debate about Murray capitulating to UEFA on the subject too when they took action against us, but again, that's not really the point.

Make of an example of them, it'll make them and others think twice about doing such a thing again..

I don't think it would. Banning an organisation is far less useful than an individual and in some instances unworkable. Doesn't Derek Johnstone have a column in the ET? Doesn't he work for RTV too?

Their twitter page references the rangers website regarding the report so it isn't plagiarism as the original author was credited with it.

The article itself should credit the original author/copyright holder. Not a 3rd party social media post.

Their twitter page references the rangers website regarding the report so it isn't plagiarism as the original author was credited with it.

All they tweeted was this:

Papers have been using stuff from our website for ages including the likes of Kris Boyd's interview when he signed and that too was word for word, why is it all of a sudden an issue?

Every time I've seen quotes lifted from the website the article always has something along the lines of 'Boyd told the Rangers website...' or 'Speaking to the Rangers website Boyd said...' so they've credited the source of the quotes. The ET done nothing like.

The issue is simple. The Evening Times is plagiarising if it does not acknowledge the source, which it hasn't. I live in NZ and the papers here carry items from lots of other papers, lifted word for word. The difference is that at the bottom of the report, it states which newspaper it came from. They have acknowledged the source, thus keeping within the law. Not a difficult concept and I think the Evening Times, and every other UK Paper, should be brought to task every time they fail to acknowledge what is Rangers copyrighted work.

Whatever peoples personal feelings on AD are hes right if the Evening Times has plagiarized his articles he's correct to bring it up. I just wish he and other Rangers employees and board members would react to all the other nonsense in the likes of the Daylate rheble and BBC when they write crap about us.