Commonwealth games and work around Ibrox

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fuck all has been done in the east end for the games, its been done for the kiddie fiddlers benifit only.

Right, right. I take it the village is being used to house their youth teams. 10 houses each or something?

The paranoia surrounding this does us no favours when it comes to the more important issues surrounding land deals.

My company does a lot of work with Clyde Gateway, and they've done loads of positive work recently.

The whole 'just around Celtic park' is nonsense.

Do you ever have dealings with East End Developments or similar name that a couple of football club board members are also directors in? Be interested if they are working and receiving anything from Clyde Gateway.

The CG is a smokescreen as the real estate (pardon the pun) work was done 20 and then 10 years ago to secure valued East End land for knockdown prices for the benefit of a sporting club. The CG was just the icing on the cake and some may think it is a way to bury the past and avoid awkward questions. Ask PZJ....

I demand to keep our shortened pitch!!!

Seriously though, I am more concerned that poverty and unemployment and illness and addiction are absolutely rife in our city and the use of food banks are now keeping a lot of our folk afloat (in other words, staying alive without resorting to crime).

There are old people dying cold and alone and infants suffering from malnutrition and they want us to celebrate a games commemorating some bygone notion of an 'Empire?'

Fuck that... The poorest and most vulnerable citizens of Glasgow have seen no wealth nor opportunity arise from these games being held here. Let the Tims have auld Lizzie's baton at their midden. They can forever live with the shame of hosting this very outdated and very British (yes, ghuests) pomp and ceremony.

Much like a mini-market London 2012, or indeed Brasil 2014, the games are a disgrace and will help those who need it the most not a jot.

When you say 'our folk', do you mean Rangers fans or supporters of the Orange variety? I only ask as I wonder if you have an issue with the GCC spending thousands EVERY year on policing the walks.

My grandfather used to do the walks but as an adult I have questioned why we need them. It costs money to police and the idiots across the road also cost the country money due to them.

My point is, don't complain about poverty if you are happy for money to be wasted on people insisting on walks that cause ignorant people to start trouble.

The tenants I have spoken to around our properties aren't pleased with the work that has been done. God knows how many millions have been spent on giving Dalmarnock station a makeover, I did know the figure as I officially complained, but it looks awful and those millions could have been spent on something more beneficial. I don't think the people in the area care about what a train station looks like. Unnecessary significicant amounts of money have been spent on things that won't benefit them.

I have nothing against people in the East End at all. I am arguing for their cause!

Dalmarnock station is a disaster.

I know.

Well done all the Rangers fans whose vote has helped Labour stay in control in Glasgow over the last 50 years. You reap what you sow.

It's a disgrace the way Glasgow Council tims back the tims at every opportunity without closer scrutiny.

100 %correct mate.i,v been supporting they bassas for years,never again and i,ll not vote for snp either.RFC watp gtbab bjk

Can anyone tell me why the opening ceremony is held at torbett towers and the closeing ceremony at hampdump.RFC watp gtbab bjk

Simple answer is to give GCC and the Scottish gov an excuse to fund them indirectly.

Would have been no reason to pump millions of pounds of taxpayers money if the event was solely held at Hampden so they came up with this plan to justify it.

The original plan was to spend a lot more than they did on Porkhead, even talk about 4-5 years ago of building them a new main stand for the games but even GCC never had the brass neck for that.

Simple answer is to give GCC and the Scottish gov an excuse to fund them indirectly.

Would have been no reason to pump millions of pounds of taxpayers money if the event was solely held at Hampden so they came up with this plan to justify it.

The original plan was to spend a lot more than they did on Porkhead, even talk about 4-5 years ago of building them a new main stand for the games but even GCC never had the brass neck for that.

This all day long.

I have to drive past that place every day and it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. I live and have lived in the east end all my life and I dont see any big benefits to anyone except that mob.

This opening ceremony shit is the excuse they needed to make the midden that most of the rats on the council go to, a nicer place to be and have nice surroundings all paid for by our tax money.

I have never known the opening ceremony and closing ceremony to be in different venues.

They saw the opportunity to tart up the midden without it costing Septic and they grabbed it.

The price for this is having to allow H.M inside their republican shithole.

This all day long.

I have to drive past that place every day and it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. I live and have lived in the east end all my life and I dont see any big benefits to anyone except that mob.

This opening ceremony shit is the excuse they needed to make the midden that most of the rats on the council go to, a nicer place to be and have nice surroundings all paid for by our tax money.

I have never known the opening ceremony and closing ceremony to be in different venues.

They saw the opportunity to tart up the midden without it costing Septic and they grabbed it.

The price for this is having to allow H.M inside their republican shithole.

Will be interesting to see what help GCC give them over the next 6 years or so as the main stand at porkhead is sinking and needs to be rebuilt around 2020/21 will we see an accelerated bid for Football or Athletic events to be held in Glasgow in the next few years I wonder?

Also something that is not really talked about is the tiny 415 space car park built on the Glasgow Velodrome site and the 1500 space overspill car park across the road at Torbett towers. Yep septic make more money from parking fees for events at the Velodrome than the actual site itself.

In 20 years time this mob will still be ranking in money from the CWG as any big event held at the Velodrome will need parking areas. They made thousands from this at Ricky Burns fight last year and will continue to do so.

The whole CWG just seems to be about making them money.

Will be interesting to see what help GCC give them over the next 6 years or so as the main stand at porkhead is sinking and needs to be rebuilt around 2020/21 will we see an accelerated bid for Football or Athletic events to be held in Glasgow in the next few years I wonder?

Also something that is not really talked about is the tiny 415 space car park built on the Glasgow Velodrome site and the 1500 space overspill car park across the road at Torbett towers. Yep septic make more money from parking fees for events at the Velodrome than the actual site itself.

In 20 years time this mob will still be ranking in money from the CWG as any big event held at the Velodrome will need parking areas. They made thousands from this at Ricky Burns fight last year and will continue to do so.

The whole CWG just seems to be about making them money.

The only thing that i can think of would be"oh but ra sellick his a bigger midden than youz shite"for the opening ceremony,but wait hampdump has 10.000 seats less for the end of the games

Work that wan oot.RFC watp gtbab bjk

Right, right. I take it the village is being used to house their youth teams. 10 houses each or something?

The paranoia surrounding this does us no favours when it comes to the more important issues surrounding land deals.

Absolutely. We need to focus on the real issues. This kind of thing makes us easier to dismiss as 'just paranoid'.

Most of the work done in the east end has nothing to do with the opening ceremony

Yes most of it may have nothing to do with it but this does.

I apologise for showing such a disgusting image but some on here need to understand how much our "friends" from the east have been helped.

That crest, for example, looks nothing like the Commonwealth games crest.

But its OK because "Most of the work done in the east end has nothing to do with the opening ceremony".

And please remind me who decided that the east end or Parkhead in particular was more important than Govan.

Who chose to put the Velodrome in the east end..............oh that's right it was Councillors who happen to be Season ticket holders and/or share holders at the San Giro.

Corrupt disgusting scumbags the lot of them.

Spare me the defensive bullshit until you at least get your facts correct.

_74622561_celticpark_sns.jpg

Yes most of it may have nothing to do with it but this does.

I apologise for showing such a disgusting image but some on here need to understand how much our "friends" from the east have been helped.

That crest, for example, looks nothing like the Commonwealth games crest.

But its OK because "Most of the work done in the east end has nothing to do with the opening ceremony".

And please remind me who decided that the east end or Parkhead in particular was more important than Govan.

Who chose to put the Velodrome in the east end..............oh that's right it was Councillors who happen to be Season ticket holders and/or share holders at the San Giro.

Corrupt disgusting scumbags the lot of them.

Spare me the defensive bullshit until you at least get your facts correct.

_74622561_celticpark_sns.jpg

Has that actually been paid for using the commonwealth fund? If so what the fuck is all that about? :huh:

Absolutely. We need to focus on the real issues. This kind of thing makes us easier to dismiss as 'just paranoid'.

The real issues being no real improvements are being made in the local communities in the east end not even in parkhead it's still a shithole. My opinion is not made from paranoia and being 1 of us but from being a resident in the east end right next to the games venue and witnessing the improvements around the area or lack of improvements in the area. Yes there is the new houses that will be here after the games but without the athletes village there would be no winning bid. And yes there is the velodrome that is wasted here and would have went to better use elsewhere. My opinion is based on the legacy of these games.. The local communities around CP are untouched parkhead barrowfield bridgeton are all the same as before no improvements here for the games, just disruptions with all the roadworks and games lanes. We all know about the improved landscape around CP but why was the same not done around the local area with some real benefit to the people of the east end? I could go into greater detail about the area and GCCs offer of painting 1 outside wall of the church house youth club (almost facing CP on London rd) to the expense of the church, whereas the club has a run down old gravel pitch at the back and plenty of spare ground that could be done up in some way, a park or new pitch as some sort of legacy more fitting to the games than a paint job? Or even just a little bit of work to improve the landscape?

I agree the land deals are a bigger issue but being from the east end it's hard to ignore and ud have to be blind not to see who is benefitting most from the games legacy.