Commonwealth games and work around Ibrox

How? How will millions of pounds of investment in infrastrucure not help? How will a vast brownfield area being developed not help? How will the locating of the velodrome and the national indoor arena there not help? Of course it will.

Veladr

You are now missing my point completely. I never said that at all. I mentioned that I came from the Greater Easterhouse area simply because some people may not have heard of Cranhill, that's all.

Anyway, I think we agree about a lot of the reasons why the councils have failed the people of Glasgow. Although it's not just as simple as Celtic v Rangers or Parkhead v Ibrox.

Know cranhill well like the rest of the east end. As for Ibrox or parkhead? Why is Hampden not opening the games?

I was told by the media officer it is because they can't walk around the track heading which is headings for St Mungos school after the games.

It's a disgrace, The Veladrome? They had a track for years in Westhorn park away down the back behind where celtic used to train and no cunt ever used it,

Not many kids will use the velodrome from the east end that is just nonsense.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Misses the point entirely. Dalmarnock is one part of several joined up initiatives.

So it didn't work in the 80s we should just give up? What would be better, the east remaining brownfield or a velodrome being built on that brownfield. It would not have been better for the people of the east if the velodrome was built elsewhere. If it cleans up one area of land and brings some extra jobs, then the reason for it being there is justified. East enders cycling on the velodrome is a small part of it's importance.

The games, if they came to Glasgow, had to be centred in the east or the north. It makes sense. The east was the logical choice as it dovetails with existing initiatives.

I don't believe it does miss the point entirely. Yes I agree that the WHOLE east end needs investment and development, but the MAJORITY of the work on infrastructure improvement appears to be centred on or around London Road/Springfield Road/Fairbairn Street triangle area, now why would that be?

The whole of Glasgow benefits as I have said. Of course it does. You have to get away from the idea that the development area itself is the only area to benefit. Knock on benefits should also occur, as I have already said. But, if you want an area that is benefitting the most, it's Dalmarnock and Parkhead (traditional Gers areas btw). Both in dire need. The ones you mention will experience the benefit, as a will all of Glasgow. £540 odd million has been invested, mostly in the east end. The east end needed that. It needs more.

Just because some places didn't get any direct investment, doesn't mean none should.

FFs our roads are a disgrace, the trees are not being cut and are blocking pavements etc in the south side. But as I said we don't count

The whole of Glasgow benefits as I have said. Of course it does. You have to get away from the idea that the development area itself is the only area to benefit. Knock on benefits should also occur, as I have already said. But, if you want an area that is benefitting the most, it's Dalmarnock and Parkhead (traditional Gers areas btw). Both in dire need. The ones you mention will experience the benefit, as a will all of Glasgow. £540 odd million has been invested, mostly in the east end. The east end needed that. It needs more.

Just because some places didn't get any direct investment, doesn't mean none should.

I don't believe it does miss the point entirely. Yes I agree that the WHOLE east end needs investment and development, but the MAJORITY of the work on infrastructure improvement appears to be centred on or around London Road/Springfield Road/Fairbairn Street triangle area, now why would that be?

A Rangers man who's head is not stuck in the sand.

Stand up and take a bow my friend.

Can't quote because of the way you posted, CB. Remember, most of the investment is additional investment from the Govt. Moaning about roads and trees is impotent. It's money we wouldn't have received otherwise. Besides, getting rid of brownfield destitution and creating infrastraucture and jobs is just as important as cutting trees and maintaining existing roads.

Can't quote because of the way you posted, CB. Remember, most of the investment is additional investment from the Govt. Moaning about roads and trees is impotent. It's money we wouldn't have received otherwise. Besides, getting rid of brownfield destitution and creating infrastraucture and jobs is just as important as cutting trees and maintaining existing roads.

Are you from the east end?

Because it needed it. Because it dovetails with existing developments. Because it's the heart of the east end and will hopefully encourage spreading development from there. The browfield site at Dalmarnock makes complete sense for the athletes village and associated stuff. If CP wasn't there, we'd admit that. The other option considered was sighthill. I think the correct decision was made.

The community that was shown in the BBC program has all but been dismantled as a pert of the games preparation. Sure they have built the athletes village which will be sold after the games, but how many of the locals who stayed there before will be able to buy those properties? I'm pretty sure it won't be that many.

The lasting benefit of the CG's will be viewed in the long term and basically I see the only long term beneficiary being c****c, due to increased land holdings, increased land values do the work done in the surrounding area, an direct works carried out on their land and stadium due to the opening ceremony. What will become of the athletics and cycling venues in the long term will be very interesting. The GCC over the years may well find it had to maintain the funding required to keep these venues open, if as I suspect they will end up for sale I don't think that it will be too much of a leap of the imagination to guess who may well end up owning these venues or the sites on which they sit.

Personally I believe that there were two groups who saw this project as a means of getting something, the nationalists wanted it for propaganda purposes ahead of the referendum, and a group within the Labour party who saw it as a means of benefiting the team of their choice. A team they see as representing their historical heritage, a heritage that certainly is not Scots.

Rangers have reaped what they sowed, hell bloody mend them. Should never have agreed to get involved with the Commonwealth Games.

Rugby Sevens GTF, shouldv'e made Ibrox not available but we now are run by a Board who wish to be friends with everbody(as long as it makes money) similar to Pally Ally, bounce games with Hibs, feeling sorry for Gary Locke etc etc

:nosfa::brokensfa:

hey I only pay £160 a month council tax, I want to dodge trees as I can't walk on pavements, the people from the east end will not see any benefit not now not 20 years time.

Extra jobs, cleaned up land, fewer brownfield sites, improved infrastructure. Aye, no benefit.

Your pavement should mean the east end suffers brownfield sites and less investment. Sure. Not that that's relevant as it's mostly extra money, we would not have otherwise seen! It would not have been used on your bushes anyway.

VeladrKnow cranhill well like the rest of the east end. As for Ibrox or parkhead? Why is Hampden not opening the games?

I was told by the media officer it is because they can't walk around the track heading which is headings for St Mungos school after the games.

It's a disgrace, The Veladrome? They had a track for years in Westhorn park away down the back behind where celtic used to train and no cunt ever used it,

Not many kids will use the velodrome from the east end that is just nonsense.

Can't argue with your points about Hampden or the Velodrome, mate. (tu)

I think they threw a bone to the people of Dalmarnock by giving them a new sports centre with a nursery and GPs surgery combined. Don't quote me on that though.

Seem to remember hearing of some salt-of-the-earth woman from the area becoming a councillor and lobbying like mad. And the flipside of the argument, in some regards, is that not a lot of the locals were willing to help her and fight for their rights and were content to sit back and moan at each other instead.

Maybe people are right. Maybe seeing as CP is there a 1 mile exclusion zone should be created. Anyone living in it, tough shit. No improvements. CP must remain surrounded by a a toxic wasteland, regardless of how this affects the city.

Because it needed it. Because it dovetails with existing developments. Because it's the heart of the east end and will hopefully encourage spreading development from there. The browfield site at Dalmarnock makes complete sense for the athletes village and associated stuff. If CP wasn't there, we'd admit that. The other option considered was sighthill. I think the correct decision was made.

What was wrong with polmadie near Hampden and open the games also like any other games in the past.

it's a disgrace, How much for a couple of hours it will be used

They even get compensated to play at Murrayfeild? So if they get 30,000 will they say they would have had 60,000 if it did not need to be moved,

Who choose celtic park should have been sacked, Hampden was more than capable to open the games.

Rugby Sevens GTF, shouldv'e made Ibrox not available but we now are run by a Board who wish to be friends with everbody(as long as it makes money) similar to Pally Ally, bounce games with Hibs, feeling sorry for Gary Locke etc etc

:nosfa::brokensfa:

:005:

If you want a cracked logo you should choose the correct one for the discussion.

G2014%20logo%20full%20colour_608x376.jpg

There is even a big one in George Square that you can go down and kick lumps out of. (tu)

What was wrong with polmadie near Hampden and open the games also like any other games in the past.

it's a disgrace, How much for a couple of hours it will be used

They even get compensated to play at Murrayfeild? So if they get 30,000 will they say they would have had 60,000 if it did not need to be moved,

Who chose celtic park should have been sacked, Hampden was more than capable to open the games.

The east end needs it more. I'm not aware of Polmadie having such a prominent, contiguous brownfield site anyway.

You could still have had the opening ceremony at Hampden, that's a different argument.

So it's not taxpayers money being spent on a plc? Did the taxman not nearly bury us demanding money not due as the country is so hard up?

So tell me why sell them land at a fraction of the price both Gcc and the nhs?

Why do what no Olympics or commonwealth games has done in the past and have 2 venues?

No the people of Glasgow and their streets should come first, if Celtic want improvements let their shareholders pay the going price just like everyone else.

So it's not taxpayers money being spent on a plc? Did the taxman not nearly bury us demanding money not due as the country is so hard up?

So tell me why sell them land at a fraction of the price both Gcc and the nhs?

Why do what no Olympics or commonwealth games has done in the past and have 2 venues?

No the people of Glasgow and their streets should come first, if Celtic want improvements let their shareholders pay the going price just like everyone else.

Come on mate. This is the approach I said I was afraid I would face earlier. I did not say the council are angels. I have not mentioned land sales. They certainly seem suspect regards that and I have already said CP as the venue for the ceremony stinks. I also said I don't agree with the council paying for any improvements to CP. But that has nothing to do with what I was talking about re the investment in the east related to the games.

As I said earlier, just because I think the council has one thing right, doesn't mean I agree with them everywhere or don't think they are seriously suspect re other things!!

Come on mate. This is the approach I said I was afraid I would face earlier. I did not say the council are angels. I have not mentioned land sales. They certainly seem suspect regards that and I have already said CP as the venue for the ceremony stinks. I also said I don't agree with the council paying for any improvements to CP. But that has nothing to do with what I was talking about re the investment in the east related to the games.

As I said earlier, just because I think the council has one thing right, doesn't mean I agree with them everywhere or don't think they are seriously suspect re other things!!

It was always about doing things up for them from early on.

The 17 mill spent doing around that shirt hole could have been better spent in the east end,

I know the area needs help, But this is not helping the area more like helping Celtic" anti British" plc.

Corrupt to the core,

And Certainly no place for Her Majesty who those cunts despise.

And we won't go as it is there, and they certainly won't go as they hate us Brits .

Commonwealth games in Glasgow & visitors have to bus it into the city disgraceful, the opening ceremony at the piggery is also disgraceful these scumbags hate everything the commonwealth stands for but like the giro quick to cash in when it suits.

The games are a vanity project for the Scottish Government in an independence vote year.

Celtic are benefiting as GCC is full of them and they are pushing money in that direction. Of course other project will be done, but Celtic will be well looked after by their fans in GCC.

In the end the question is; How many jobs are still being created 1 year after the games have gone?