Only 6/7 years ago..

WATPRFC1872.

Be 10 years till we see that again sadly.

I got slaughtered in the past for making that statement but the way things are going the now...

It will be much longer than that.

As I said, in a thread I made last week, I worry about how far behind the tims we are, never mind European nights.

And only a year or so before that we had finished third in the SPL and were out the race by Christmas the following season, been pumped out the CIS cup by first division St Johnstone at Ibrox and seen what was basically a player revolt against the manager.

We are an absolute mess just now and none of us can see the light at the end of the tunnel but football is a funny old game and things can turn around incredibly quickly.

And only a year or so before that we had finished third in the SPL and were out the race by Christmas the following season, been pumped out the CIS cup by first division St Johnstone at Ibrox and seen what was basically a player revolt against the manager.

We are an absolute mess just now and none of us can see the light at the end of the tunnel but football is a funny old game and things can turn around incredibly quickly.

Difference is Walter Smith bailed us out.

He can't be expected to again.

The difference between then and now is night and day.

It certainly is a big difference. We must never allow this happen to us again. We need to get ourselves back on track. Once we're out of this league then that will be the first big step taken.

1. get back into our league.

2. compete against celtic and win the league.

3. get into europe.

we've been set back many years but we'll return to where we belong.

Walter Smith was the difference then.