"Lewis doing alright"

JR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think Lewis is vastly overrated would struggle to be a squad player as we move to the top league.

A decent enough player and may improve but for now he's getting hype he just cant match.

Gasparatto turned into Maldini lately as well and that's without playing, the hype at times is breathtaking.

(tu)

Complete and utter fool.

"Good players can play anywhere", so you wasn't a good player or are you saying Jig's playing tomorrow.

" To be fair to Lewis... he can play in the middle of the park", so why the fuck don't you put him there then McCoist.

"I understand people's views on him being a central midfielder and that's my view too", absolute classic clown of a man.

"I'm open to change and that's something all coaches and managers have to be", got to hand it to you McCoist, keep up the jokes.

Absolute clown, FFS go and go now.

I honestly think Lewis is vastly overrated would struggle to be a squad player as we move to the top league.

A decent enough player and may improve but for now he's getting hype he just cant match.

Gasparatto turned into Maldini lately as well and that's without playing, the hype at times is breathtaking.

how would we know how good MacLeod will be if we dont play him in his naturally comfortable position, people defending Ally last season said that MacLeod was played wide left because he linked wup well with Wallace and played his best football of the season wide left, so he plays brilliantly in centre mid in division 3, he apparently plays his best football wide left in division 2, yet the worst rangers manager in history decides to yet again move him

How the fuck is the lad supposed to get any consistency when he's being passed about the field like a fucking scud mag, the reason he's getting the hype is because he stepped up in division 3 and carried imposters like ian black for a full season

as for gasparotto, nobody is over exaggerating about him, what we are saying is that he is apparently a good prospect who is, like many others, being frozen out for ally's pals and signings, there is absolutely no justification for ally to continue to play mcculloch centre half when we had moshni, and signed mcgregor and zaliukas, why sign 2 centre halves when we have 2 and a young prospect already

a lot of people on here write off the youths without actually seeing them play, and i dont buy that nonsense that "ally sees them every day" because ally couldnt pick a decent football if someone offered him a choice of anyone in the world

Complete and utter fool.

"Good players can play anywhere", so you wasn't a good player or are you saying Jig's playing tomorrow.

" To be fair to Lewis... he can play in the middle of the park", so why the fuck don't you put him there then McCoist.

"I understand people's views on him being a central midfielder and that's my view too", absolute classic clown of a man.

"I'm open to change and that's something all coaches and managers have to be", got to hand it to you McCoist, keep up the jokes.

Absolute clown, FFS go and go now.

couldnt agree more, an absolute joke of a manager that will struggle to achieve anything of note in his managerial career

McCoist's comments, coupled with those of DJ are proof that everybody inside Ibrox knows about our e-mails over the last couple of days.

McCoist's cage has been rattled, let's hope the Board are "prepared to listen" and show him the door.

as for gasparotto, nobody is over exaggerating about him, what we are saying is that he is apparently a good prospect who is, like many others, being frozen out for ally's pals and signings, there is absolutely no justification for ally to continue to play mcculloch centre half when we had moshni, and signed mcgregor and zaliukas, why sign 2 centre halves when we have 2 and a young prospect already

a lot of people on here write off the youths without actually seeing them play, and i dont buy that nonsense that "ally sees them every day" because ally couldnt pick a decent football if someone offered him a choice of anyone in the world

Same way as we signed 2 centre forwards when we had 2 and a young prospect already.

Perplexing article.

I also don't understand why he can't use Macleod as an attacking mid through the middle.

Someone who knows more than me might be abe to give a genuine reason for it but it seems we shoe horn Lewis in on the flank because our formations and preferred players make him an after thought.

you pretty much summed it up

Jig

Foster

Zaliukas

Wallace

Law

Black

Boyd

Miller

8 players that ally would do anything to get into the team, no matter how fucking god awful our formation is

whats even more alarming is that ally describes macleod as part of a tight midfield 3, so when he subbed foster for mcgregor last sunday he must have realised that we literally didnt have a single thing wide right to defend with, and guess how hearts scored their goal

Same way as we signed 2 centre forwards when we had 2 and a young prospect already.

i could just about understand the 2 centre forwards if daly is being binned, and he wants to play 2 up top every game, but you know for a fact that if either boyd and miller were injured or suspended, he'd bring in daly, and if daly was out, he'd change the system to a 451

how would we know how good MacLeod will be if we dont play him in his naturally comfortable position, people defending Ally last season said that MacLeod was played wide left because he linked wup well with Wallace and played his best football of the season wide left, so he plays brilliantly in centre mid in division 3, he apparently plays his best football wide left in division 2, yet the worst rangers manager in history decides to yet again move him

How the fuck is the lad supposed to get any consistency when he's being passed about the field like a fucking scud mag, the reason he's getting the hype is because he stepped up in division 3 and carried imposters like ian black for a full season

Spot on mate. (tu)

McCoist's comments, coupled with those of DJ are proof that everybody inside Ibrox knows about our e-mails over the last couple of days.

McCoist's cage has been rattled, let's hope the Board are "prepared to listen" and show him the door.

I really do hope so!!

People suggesting MacLeod is overrated or not good enough are complete morons. It's that simple.

Are you Lewis' mum ?

There was a post on here claiming he was the future Rangers and Scotland captain, purely based on him doing well in the 3rd Division ffs. :lol:

Over-hyped to fuck.

Are you Lewis' mum ?

There was a post on here claiming he was the future Rangers and Scotland captain, purely based on him doing well in the 3rd Division ffs. :lol:

Over-hyped to fuck.

agreed, lets not hype or even over hype our youngsters, lets belittle them and tear them apart so they fall away and we end up paying them off after spending hundreds of thousands training them and paying them for 5 years give or take

or perhaps we could over hype them (both club and fans) so that even if they dont make the grade for us, they still look good to a team elsewhere that may want to pay a few bob for them

ryan gauld hasnt shown anything to suggest he's a player worthy of sporting lisbon, but look at how united worked on him, and the tarriers with tony watt, the wee walloper done one thing in his career and they net 1.2mill for him, whereas we released a northern irish international player

His last two comments show he thinks we are all mugs who will buy whatever pish he spouts.

“At the same time, we have to get the best out of individual players within the team and the wide areas, in terms of creating things, are very important." - There is not one player McCoist gets the best out of

“That’s something we have to look at. I’m open to change and that’s something all coaches and managers have to be.” - That's just a complete lie he has not changed one thing in his entire time as manager. Tactics and personnel remain the same week in week out unless injuries or suspensions force it

agreed, lets not hype or even over hype our youngsters, lets belittle them and tear them apart so they fall away and we end up paying them off after spending hundreds of thousands training them and paying them for 5 years give or take

or perhaps we could over hype them (both club and fans) so that even if they dont make the grade for us, they still look good to a team elsewhere that may want to pay a few bob for them

ryan gauld hasnt shown anything to suggest he's a player worthy of sporting lisbon, but look at how united worked on him, and the tarriers with tony watt, the wee walloper done one thing in his career and they net 1.2mill for him, whereas we released a northern irish international player

Really ? Ryan Gauld and Tony Watt are your 2 main examples there ? Ryan Gauld who was superb for Dundee United and Tony Watt who scored against Barcelona, fucking Barcelona ? Did you think Watt would go for nothing after scoring against them ffs ?

What the fuck are you talking about with the first part of that post ? Who's belittling them ? It's called giving an honest evaluation of his performances. Or should we just pretend he's absolutely, unbelievably incredible when his performances say different ?

If he's playing for Rangers he's going to have to get used to getting stick when he's not performing. Or maybe he can take the stick better than his loyal band of cheerleaders ?

Are you Lewis' mum ?

Over-hyped to fuck.

He's still playing far better than Law or Black even though he is out of position that is surely a sign he has ability, It's people like you who make McCoist's refusal to give youth a chance look justified. You've written him off before he has had a fair chance to prove himself.

He's still playing far better than Law or Black even though he is out of position that is surely a sign he has ability, It's people like you who make McCoist's refusal to give youth a chance look justified. You've written him off before he has had a fair chance to prove himself.

All 3 of them have been balls so far. None of them have performed better than the other. Lewis is the flavour of the month the now though.

I'm constantly having a go at McCoist for not giving McKay, Aird and even Hutton more of a chance. So you're talking clueless bullshit again there.

I've criticised him because I've seen little to nothing to suggest he's this creative genius the fans claim he is. If he goes in the middle and is as good as fans are claiming then I'll happily sing his praises. We're crying out for a midfielder.

Really ? Ryan Gauld and Tony Watt are your 2 main examples there ? Ryan Gauld who was superb for Dundee United and Tony Watt who scored against Barcelona, fucking Barcelona ? Did you think Watt would go for nothing after scoring against them ffs ?

What the fuck are you talking about with the first part of that post ? Who's belittling them ? It's called giving an honest evaluation of his performances. Or should we just pretend he's absolutely, unbelievably incredible when his performances say different ?

If he's playing for Rangers he's going to have to get used to getting stick when he's not performing. Or maybe he can take the stick better than his loyal band of cheerleaders ?

ryan gauld superb for dundee united, the same dundee united that people were saying is a step down from us with regards to telfer, the same dundee united that have won 1 trophy in how many years, tony watt scored against barca, and that was it, what else did he do of note except that, or are you saying that 1 goal against barca means your valued at 1.2mill

i could pick other examples if you like

as for your second part, many are belittling macleod, saying he's average, not good enough when were in the top division etc, maybe we should actually trust our youths and give them a chance instead of writing them off, especially someone that upstaged a premier league veteran in his first season as a first team player

maybe not you exactly, but i can imagine how barry ferguson would have been treated by us under walter smith, thank fuck wee dick seen him for what he was

as i said, we recently released ross perry and andy little, so we had these boys on our books for how many years and eventually we made heehaw from them, even worse is that little was an international player

ryan gauld superb for dundee united, the same dundee united that people were saying is a step down from us with regards to telfer, the same dundee united that have won 1 trophy in how many years, tony watt scored against barca, and that was it, what else did he do of note except that, or are you saying that 1 goal against barca means your valued at 1.2mill

i could pick other examples if you like

as for your second part, many are belittling macleod, saying he's average, not good enough when were in the top division etc, maybe we should actually trust our youths and give them a chance instead of writing them off, especially someone that upstaged a premier league veteran in his first season as a first team player

maybe not you exactly, but i can imagine how barry ferguson would have been treated by us under walter smith, thank fuck wee dick seen him for what he was

as i said, we recently released ross perry and andy little, so we had these boys on our books for how many years and eventually we made heehaw from them, even worse is that little was an international player

Yes, that's the same Dundee United that Ryan Gauld was superb for. Why is their trophy count relevant when he only played for them for a season ? Its irrelevant what else Tony Watt has done in his career. He scored against Barcelona and it actually made world wide news. There was always going to be offers for him after that. If the tims got 1.5 million for him then well done them.

Many are belittling him ? Bullshit. There's a handful of people giving their opinion that goes against the majority and if someone hasn't seen enough to be convinced he'll be good enough in the top league then that isn't belittling him, its merely giving an opinion. Learn the difference before coming out with that pish and looking like a sensitive wee bitch ffs.

Agreed. Dick got the best out of Ferguson. That was a long time ago and we have nowhere near the same calibre as manager, you know that.

Getting fuck all for Perry isn't a big deal for me, he was pish. Getting fuck all for Litttle is a kick in the baws but that's down to bad management all round.

However I'm no sure how our transfer dealings, the tims and Ryan Gauld is relevant at all when its comes to discussing Lewis MacLeod's performances, ability and future but hey-ho it wasn't me that brought it up.

my point is that we seem to be quick to pick up on things when our youth play bad, i actually think macleod is playing worse than usual but im putting that down to both the shite he's playing next to and the fact that the shite are taking his rightful spot in centre mid

macleod imo was outstanding in division 3, yes it was the arse end of scottish football but it was his first season in a team that had expectations of gubbing everyone, and for him to play that well and carry ian "ego" black all season is a testament to the boys ability imo

i guess id just like the fanbase to have a more relaxed attitude towards the youth, give them time especially when performing poorly under this disguise of a manager

i fully believe that with the right coaching, guidance and backing from the fans, macleod, aird, mckay and a few others could very well be either good enough for our first team, or we could at least get a few bob for them

it just scunners me when clubs like st johnstone are selling guys that have had 1 good season for 800k, while were paying our younger players off

Sky sports:

McCoist 'under no illusions'

Last Updated: 17:50 14/08/14

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has denied he is under pressure from fans after losing the opening game of the season at home to Hearts last week.

A goal in the final minute from former Crystal Palace striker Osman Sow earned Robbie Neilson's side a 2-1 victory at Ibrox.

The result followed a less than convincing extra-time victory over Hibernian in the Petrofac Training Cup prompting supporters to take to local radio and social media calling for an improvement on the pitch, starting on Friday against Peter Houston's Falkirk.

But McCoist, who led Rangers to the League Two and League One titles following their liquidation in the summer of 2012, has warned his side face a massive fight to make it three in a row against full-time opposition.

“We have always said it’s going to be a tough league," he said. "There is nobody I have spoken to within these walls or certainly outside that thinks it is going to be a stroll in the park because evidently it’s not.

“That’s not going to be the case. This is going to be a really tough and interesting league."

When asked whether if the unrest among the club's supporters was putting him under pressure, the former Rangers striker said: "The fans are entitled to their opinion.

“Our fans have been fantastic so it would be completely wrong of me to ask them not to have an opinion and long may they continue to voice that opinion.

“There are far greater managers that have sat in this chair than me have received stick after a poor result so I’m certainly no different.”