"Lewis doing alright"

JR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its obvious to anybody the lad doesn't look comfortable - jesus fuck whats he talking about? tight midfield 3? - so lopsided. Close down temps and theres no outball

A tight midfield 3 .... With another player in there on the left....so a midfield 4 and Lewis on the right of that.

I mean Jesus, are we actually to believe that this is some new tactical formation that's been devised to best utilise the players we have? It sounds like fucking denial! Its a 4 with Lewis on the right and temps on the left FFS!

What's more, it doesn't work! Change it!!

Ally's a tactical bomb scare.

He has no idea what he is doing and is ruining the confidence of our players by playing them in alien positions.

Guys making a fool of himself and us on a weekly basis and I'm sick of it.

Thats the crime for me. How can we expect the players to take the ball in, make runs, have a go, try and beat people when their confidence is shattered? It's a vicious circle.

I honestly think Lewis is vastly overrated would struggle to be a squad player as we move to the top league.

A decent enough player and may improve but for now he's getting hype he just cant match.

Gasparatto turned into Maldini lately as well and that's without playing, the hype at times is breathtaking.

I honestly think Lewis is vastly overrated would struggle to be a squad player as we move to the top league.

A decent enough player and may improve but for now he's getting hype he just cant match.

We'll never know if he doesn't get a run in his natural position.

This is where the difference between Smith & McCoist really shines through IMO.

Walter made the best of what he had and that often meant playing Davis on the right of a 'tight three' with Wylde as the winger on the left.

Is McCoist doing this now because he truly thinks it's how to get the best out of the players at his disposal, or is it because he's so limited as a tactican that he's thinking fuck it Walter did it so I will too?

I'm no tactician but surely if we want to play a 'tight three' we would be better served doing it with the tighter player playing from the left to create space for our better full back Wallace to move forward into and play in with Aird, who has an incredible work rate and would do the attacking and defensive side of the his role playing on the right?

Considering how exposed Foster is on a week by week basis and how often he gets roasted it's clearly not working either way.

Gasparatto turned into Maldini lately as well and that's without playing, the hype at times is breathtaking.

I dont think anyone claims there are world bearers. Most just want to see them given a chance and in there best position Also most are fed up of the dross who are signed for inflated wages when in reality we have young players who could do just as well. Cribary - Gasparrato, Mcausland - Foster, Black/law - Macleod and there are similar positions the same. These seasoned players bring no joy to watch. Some of these guys could gave had 50 games rather than the mess we have signed and let go inbetween.

Walter made the best of what he had and that often meant playing Davis on the right of a 'tight three' with Wylde as the winger on the left.

Is McCoist doing this now because he truly thinks it's how to get the best out of the players at his disposal, or is it because he's so limited as a tactican that he's thinking fuck it Walter did it so I will too?

I'm no tactician but surely if we want to play a 'tight three' we would be better served doing it with the tighter player playing from the left to create space for our better full back Wallace to move forward into and play in with Aird, who has an incredible work rate and would do the attacking and defensive side of the his role playing on the right?

Considering how exposed Foster is on a week by week basis and how often he gets roasted it's clearly not working either way.

:lol:

Came in here to make this exact point.

It was acceptable when Walter did it because Davis played the role well. His movement and experience helped him perform in that role. In the same sense, Walter's tactical knowledge helped this tactic to be effective too.

Watching McCoist deploy these tactic smacks of desperation because it just seems like he's looking at it like Walter did it so I can too.

That is a thought process that essentially sums up McCoist's tenure as manager and everything that's wrong with it. He is not Walter Smith and he should stop masquerading as a poor tribute act to his style of football.

I dont think anyone claims there are world bearers. Most just want to see them given a chance and in there best position Also most are fed up of the dross who are signed for inflated wages when in reality we have young players who could do just as well. Cribary - Gasparrato, Mcausland - Foster, Black/law - Macleod and there are similar positions the same. These seasoned players bring no joy to watch. Some of these guys could gave had 50 games rather than the mess we have signed and let go inbetween.

Cribaris left, Foster should never have been signed, Gallagher a young player i would play and McKay as you can see both have talent.

McCulloch should be benched or used sparingly upfront.

He's a player that would probably have been released or wasted a few years here had admin not happened but the opportunities he's had have made him a better player at this stage than he could have been with the old squad. He's young and still improving though and looks to possibly be the only young player to profit from our situation by going to feature at the top for us. At this stage I'd say he looks like being a good squad player for us in a few years but could be better.

(tu)

It's been said for a while that all McCoist is as a manager is a cheap and poor immitation of Walter Smith.

I read that earlier and was wondering what I was reading. I'm no expert, sure, but I've been watching, listening and reading about the game all my life. I like to hear about what the pro's have to say and try to follow it, then feel better informed after watching a game if it turned out that way, or not. I can't understand what it is I'm meant to be looking for from that statement?

I wonder if Ally would be a Rangers legend today if he had been played at right back more often in his playing days?

The thing that surprises me most about Ally is that he was a poacher like Boyd is yet he doesn't play football to suit him. I would've thought that if anybody would understand that someone like Boyd needs service, and the ball at his feet, it would be Ally and he'd do his best to make sure he gets the service he needs.

Why does he seem to buy players then decide the tactic he wants to play and effectively try to fit square pegs into round holes? As opposed to deciding his tactics then buying players to suit. It just seems like so many players look uncomfortable in the position they are playing.

It's all very well playing someone out of position on a temporary basis, some may even excel at it but it doesn't make them any less of a player if they can't. You wouldn't have played Numan as a right winger would you?

The guys in Macleod's position aren't exactly playing out their skin to justify keeping their place either!

I don't think he's the next Messi either, I just wouldn't mind being able to judge him in his natural position and either keep him or sell him on for a tidy profit. We would be lucky to get a couple of hundred thousand for him right now.

You know when Walter questions Ally's formation/tactics, as he did at the Hearts game, that its time to change.

Ally's not playing to anyone's strength atm, except perhaps our title rivals.