We need pace

For me, pace is 50% of the battle in football, especially at this level.

This is a huge reason why we struggle, just look at the difference Clark and Aird made when they came on.

If we can bring anyone in they must have it.

Players like McLeod, Miller and Boyd will thrive on it.

Templeton, Aird, McKay & Gallagher are our paciest players. They simply don't get enough game time, nor does McCoist want to risk his pals no getting a game.

That's the pace thing fucked, next idea?

I agree - pace is vital (tu)

It's not the be all and end all however, we need to utilise it well, I'd love to see miller Clark temps McKay and Aird all on the pitch at one point, templetons movement is great when played centrally and if we can isolate those players one on one with the full back/centre half, we'd actually look dangerous for change.

It's hard for us to use pace we keep playing so deep. When Templeton came on against Hibs, we were pushing to get a goal so he was playing in higher areas and could run at the full back. In the last couple of games though, he gets it too deep therefore has to play the ball back or sideways. The defence is unlikely to squeeze up though if they don't have pace or are not comfortable playing offside. Does anybody else think our central midfielders get the ball and too often look to go back or sideways instead of passing or driving forward?

It's hard for us to use pace we keep playing so deep. When Templeton came on against Hibs, we were pushing to get a goal so he was playing in higher areas and could run at the full back. In the last couple of games though, he gets it too deep therefore has to play the ball back or sideways. The defence is unlikely to squeeze up though if they don't have pace or are not comfortable playing offside. Does anybody else think our central midfielders get the ball and too often look to go back or sideways instead of passing or driving forward?

Yeah we're bad for that. It's a mixture of being shite at passing, but more so the issues is with our movement and angles, other than Macleod and occasionally Law, there's very little movement from players after playing a ball, that's why 9 times out if 10 the ball goes back to our centre half who then pumps the ball forward. If we actually made angles and worked on a sequence of passes from back to middle to front and have various players making dummy runs, we'd create that space for Temps and Macleod to utilise. Hibs were the most well drilled team I've seen at ibrox these last few years, god knows how we got a lucky win as they all had instructions depending on who was on the ball, they knew who would be open and the movement was second nature to them. We on the other hand manage to shift the play wide to Foster, who then goes back to the centre half or pumps it up field. No planning or a passing system implemented whatsoever.

For me, pace is 50% of the battle in football, especially at this level.

This is a huge reason why we struggle, just look at the difference Clark and Aird made when they came on.

If we can bring anyone in they must have it.

Players like McLeod, Miller and Boyd will thrive on it.

Feel free to e-mail said comments to the manager bud. But deaf ears it will fall on.

I agree we need pace - we need to get rid of the manager quick.

As for pace being 50% of the game, if that was the case do you not think Usain Bolt would be playing in the CL?

He's to busy selling superduper fast fiber optic Broadland for only £7.99 per month.

Templeton, Miller, McKay, Aird, Gallagher, Macleod, Clark, Law, Wallace, McGregor and Mohsni are all fast(ish) players

Templeton actually isn't that quick. You always think he's gonna skin a player but he constantly takes too many touches.

I totally disagree.

Templeton and Aird are quick; neither have the ability to impact a game from the beginning, only when introduced late on.

We need players like Law, Miller, Macleod, etc. using their intelligence, their footballing brain to win us matches. I feel that Miller is neglected up-front with Boyd, though, and given no service while Macleod is out of position.

Law, however, is a fucking imposter. He has shrunk to inferiority within a Rangers jersey that demands so much more.

I loved it when we were in Division Three seeing Mc Kay and Aird and for once felt a future

Then Ally had to play these guys - failed to take them all the way through the leagues

and show himself as a decent manager keeping the speed youth and exubaraance of youth.

That you for your insight.

I will alert the world media and tell them that glasgowrangersno1 thinks pace is an important part of football.

Now having admitted that you think pace is an important part of football, do you not understand the logic in soaking up the pressure to begin with, then bringing on the "fast" players when the opposition is starting to tire - instead of just playing the fast players from the start?

Scotland needs lack of pace...Sadly in the UK but more Scotland rule no.1 is play as fast as you can...There is a reason why other countries dont adopt this style...Spain won a World cup ffs without any pace.

We will never move forward as a nation with our 100mph football.

Agreed more pace is needed (and accuracy to go with it). Pace in terms of players and speed of thought in moving the ball much more quickly and incisively. We do have players with pace but as others have posted they do not get enough game time. Also pace allied to playing through a midfield would be useful too rather than just lumping the ball forward and hoping that a pacey player can get on the end.

Ally has an opporunity to play some of the pacier players against Clyde on Monday to give them a run out.