Keeper signs year deal

bawsburst

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an over reaction goat.

we have ( for years and years) put out our youngsters on loan and relying on experience. This is not a new phenomenon.

If they are either not good enough or not ready for the pressures if first team football at Rangers then on loan would be the best idea for them.

we have (for years and years) played in the top flight of scottish football where we had to beat the tarriers to the title every season, and then face a league full of full time professional teams

our situation 2 years ago until we get back to the top flight is massively different from anything we have ever faced, yet we still act like we are in the too flight

Simo picks up an injury and we have to go into a cup tie against Celt*c with Kelly/Smith in goals.

Just seems some like to moan for the sake of it, Hearts have had two keeper injuries so now have 5 keepers on their books.

so we sign a keeper for a year, probably on a grand a week minimum, in the fear that we MAY face the tarriers in either cup competition and might not have Bell or Simonsen

for a potential 2 games we sign someone that could be costing us 52 grand

fucking laughable

so we sign a keeper for a year, probably on a grand a week minimum, in the fear that we MAY face the tarriers in either cup competition and might not have Bell or Simonsen

for a potential 2 games we sign someone that could be costing us 52 grand

fucking laughable

No; going through a season with an injured first choice goalkeeper, an unreliable backup and even more unreliable youth team 3rd choice is suicide.

Celt*c was an example - we have 3 cup competitions and a league we are involved in.

if simonsen is unreliable, why the fuck did we give him a new deal?

mccoist again seemingly hasnt a fucking clue and is simply spending money just because he has been told that he has it to spend

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of him which is 3 games, Dundee United obviously sticks out in the mind.

This thread should be locked, I'm sure all the Jambos are in meltdown that they've now got 5 keepers.

was he not our youngster that came through the ranks?

There was him :lol: But the one I was referring to is former Killie player who we had at same time as Carroll and McGregor.

Him:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Smith_(footballer_born_1982)

Not him:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Smith_(footballer_born_1983)

Liam Kelly has around 16 years left in his football career it's hardly as if he won't get his chance ever.

A club the size of Rangers can't just hope for the best when it comes to keepers.

He now has three fucken guys ahead of him when in reality in our state he should be second choice at best, third choice at worst. It's an absolute shocking signing. A waste of money. Money we apparently don't have!

He now has three fucken guys ahead of him when in reality in our state he should be second choice at best, third choice at worst. It's an absolute shocking signing. A waste of money. Money we apparently don't have!

Obviously we do though.

He's 19 and never played one minute of first team football what club the size of Rangers would take the chance that such a young boy might have to shoulder the responsibility of first team football for possibly weeks or months?

Simo is the only fit keeper at Rangers with any first team experience in his entire career right now which is not good for the team.

I take the point about money but winning the championship is worth multi-millions to Rangers this season so spending 52k for a safety net is well worth it IMHO given the prize on offer.

He's 19 and never played one minute of first team football what club the size of Rangers would take the chance that such a young boy might have to shoulder the responsibility of first team football for possibly weeks or months?

Simo is the only fit keeper at Rangers with any first team experience in his entire career right now which is not good for the team.

I take the point about money but winning the championship is worth multi-millions to Rangers this season so spending 52k for a safety net is well worth it IMHO given the prize on offer.

What a load of pish.

Anyone defending this signing is a fucking idiot. I'm done with McCoist, the guy is a fucken useless arsehole, who has wasted millions of pounds of our money on pish.