Shiels, Daly, Black & Law.

Clemdog

Here we go...no pre season

It's obvious we made an utter cunt of it from day one. Theres just no getting away from it.

We had a solid base already still here like Wallace, Jig, Alexander, Hutton, Little and a few others…that was more than enough to mean we could promote some of our young boys like Aird, McLeod, McKay ect while bringing in some experienced lower league players to bolster us. So don’t give it the “we had no choice because of circumstance” rubbish because that’s exactly what it is….Rubbish.

We choose to sign high wage players like Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Kyle, Templeton and many others…we didn’t have to go down that route but we did because it was easier than actually building something with a long term plan…throwing money at situations that stump McCoist has fucked us up to the point we might not have a squad capable of doing anything of note next season.

So please spare me the no pre season and no choice but to get these players pish.

Exactly how would that be a long term plan?

IMO these guys are all journeymen players, nothing more. None of them would have been near a Rangers jersey if it hadn't been for our troubles in 2012.

However we probably needed their experience to ensure we got back up the leagues ASAP and they were willing to drop down the divisions for us (and the money). They have largely done the job they were employed to do but we will need a better standard of player if we are to do anything in the top division.

IMO these guys are all journeymen players, nothing more. None of them would have been near a Rangers jersey if it hadn't been for our troubles in 2012.

However we probably needed their experience to ensure we got back up the leagues ASAP and they were willing to drop down the divisions for us (and the money). They have largely done the job they were employed to do but we will need a better standard of player if we are to do anything in the top division.

It'a really debatable that Shiels and Law have made much contribution at all , Daly and Black have been inconsistent as well

accurate post. if we'd relied on the youth team the successive promotions wouldn't have happened.Then we'd be debating why Ally didn't dip into the stock of the experienced players who were available

Daly, our top scorer last year, was far from pish - law is of form but has in general done well overall - black started slow but again has done a turn and sheiks has been injured but Meh!

See next time your bored - try positive thoughts - be different!

If you count about a dozen games as "done well overall" then yeah.

accurate post. if we'd relied on the youth team the successive promotions wouldn't have happened.Then we'd be debating why Ally didn't dip into the stock of the experienced players who were available

This is what would have happened if we did not play like Barca with kids - 'surely with our budget we could have got some experienced pros to take us through the leagues'

McCoist wanted SPL players in because probably like most of us at the time, was terrified of drawing the tims in one or both cups and being annihilated, if he got a 5 or 6 nil in an Old Firm game the hostility towards him would be much greater than it is now and everyone would ha e said why didn't we get experienced SPL players in when we had the chance.

Its a conundrum, hindsight is a brilliant thing, I've championed going down a completely different route to the one McCoist went down but if I was in his position, I think I'd be looking at trying to protect Rangers in the possible event we were drawn againt Celtic

McCoist wanted SPL players in because probably like most of us at the time, was terrified of drawing the tims in one or both cups and being annihilated, if he got a 5 or 6 nil in an Old Firm game the hostility towards him would be much greater than it is now and everyone would ha e said why didn't we get experienced SPL players in when we had the chance.

Its a conundrum, hindsight is a brilliant thing, I've championed going down a completely different route to the one McCoist went down but if I was in his position, I think I'd be looking at trying to protect Rangers in the possible event we were drawn againt Celtic

Aye cause that bunch of fucking imposters he's signed wouldn't have been hammered? have any Ally's signings been vindicated or given value for money? a resounding no would be my answer