What did Ally learn from Walter?

theblueoysterbar

When Walter got the Scotland job, the team was in a hole. So he built a team by focusing on defence first, then the nice-to-do bits after.

When Walter came back to Rangers he did the same with the resources he had at the time, made us hard to beat... by building from the back.

Seems to me that Ally has learned nothing off the great man.

Learned how to play players out of position, unfortunately he's took it to a whole new level.

He's learned nothing. Walter would go into big games against the paedophiles and, admittedly, sometimes he'd send them out in shitebag tactics, especially away, but that's when we were playing Celtic and we were going against each other for the league every season with our players roughly even.

McCoist has spent an absolute fortune on SPL players and came into a game against 2nd bottom Hibs at home and completely shat it.

Fuck off you complete clown.

He could have been pumped up the arse by Mourinho, and he still wouldn't be close to being a manager.

Fair play for trying, I'm a Rangers man who could only dream of achieving what he has in that blue shirt, he's shite, not just shite.

Fucking shite, a clueless fuck embarrassing our great club's name.

Fuck off McCoist.

I'd love to know if he ever shows discipline as a manager, the only thing that comes to my mind was when he booted out Cole for refusing to play in a charity game.

Considering the fact he's been managed by Wallace, Souness and Walter in his playing career, are they cheeky chappy guys? Absolutely not.

I'd love to know if he ever shows discipline as a manager, the only thing that comes to my mind was when he booted out Cole for refusing to play in a charity game.

Considering the fact he's been managed by Wallace, Souness and Walter in his playing career, are they cheeky chappy guys? Absolutely not.

This is it.

Just can't see AM giving anyone a proper dressing-down at half time or anything like that. Been saying this for years.

To be a successful manager, reckon the players have to know that the man will be a total cunt if it's necessary. He'll be your leader, your coach and your mentor. But he'll kick you in the stones too if you need it. Tough love.

Ally just doesn't have that edge.

Always remember that as a player his lateness was legendary....Souness wanted to bin him for it, but the fans would have kicked up hell.

He once said that although late, "it was the earliest he had ever been late", during an interview....that cheekiness and "Glasgow" humour probably endeared him to most of us, but as a manager it is not the way.

Look at Van Gaal at Man U. He dropped his trousers once to prove to rebellious players that he had big enough balls to challenge any of them.

Odd, but he clearly knows what he is doing.

Whatever Ally is doing, we are certainly not moving forward, and that is his main job.

I just read that he is blaming Mohsni for getting the hibs team wound up with his comments in the papers about hibs being out of title race. What a fucking useless excuse for a manager. According to Ally, it's always somebody else's fault when we get gubbed, never his...

The only excuse he should come away with is that he picked the wrong team and played the wrong tactics.

A centre half at right back and a midfielder at centre half.

Peralta on the right (seriously)and another defender at left wing(who actually did ok).

Law and Black in the middle basically defensive midfielders although in a previous life they did get forward and shiels behind Boyd up front himself.We all know Boyd needs a wing man up front.

Aird and Temps on the bench???" players who actually made Hibs work when they came on.

he learned a great many things from smith

how to pocket oodles of cash

how to sit back and say nothing only to come out, like a cornered rat if the questioning or grumbles happen to be about you

how to stick up for toxic regimes, and directors, who brought the club to its knees

how to dine, laugh and be jolly good mates by those who would actively seek to destroy the club

how to play the most boring football in existence

the only thing he never learned was to win whilst doing all the above