Walter's Smith Speaks about in fighting

I also bought a season ticket for div 3 having given up my previous ticket for financial reasons a few seasons earlier.Yes i consider myself a fan but more importantly a supporter. Just because the football has been poor or the signings not what i would have wanted there is no way i would turn my back on the team ive supported for 40 years. Will you return when we are playing free flowing attractive football ? Or as soon as Ally is gone ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also bought a season ticket for div 3 having given up my previous ticket for financial reasons a few seasons earlier.Yes i consider myself a fan but more importantly a supporter. Just because the football has been poor or the signings not what i would have wanted there is no way i would turn my back on the team ive supported for 40 years. Will you return when we are playing free flowing attractive football ? Or as soon as Ally is gone ?

I live right at Silverburn, plus I drive, so getting to the stadium is easy for me. As soon as Ally's gone I'll take the 5 minute drive down Corkerhill Road and buy a ST. I'm not one for handing out flyers, or protesting outside the stadium, those people are ridiculed on here because it achieves nothing.

I also bought a season ticket for div 3 having given up my previous ticket for financial reasons a few seasons earlier.

You'll know then that we were constantly filling up Ibrox in the 3rd division. We had some of the highest attendances in British football and Europe. What caused all these people to stop coming? Is it all about the boardroom as BP9 suggests? I can't be sure but I highly doubt that's true.

What's the difference between those who stay away because of Board issues and those who stay away because of team issues?

There's a real tendency to villainize our support at times. What we need to remember is that people didn't stop coming because they wanted to damage the club. We all want what is best for the club at the end of the day. What we need is solidarity in the boardroom and entertainment on the park at a price fans can afford. If we can do that Ibrox will start to fill back up again. The fans have been tremendous for years but in terms of rebuilding as a business or a football team there's little sign of it.

I don't know why attendancies have gone down, i do remember an article saying that the first season was always going have good crowds and high ST subcscriptions as it was seen by some as an act of defiance to do so,however if some of these same people have decided not to support the team because of Ally or the players then I wonder if (for talking sake) when we get back to the top and start beating Celtic under Ally would they return to Ibrox ?

People saying what would walter think about the football on display - IT'S HIS TACTICS BEING CARRIED OUT BY MCCOIST!!!!

Long ball, defensive pish, throwing on subs too late in the game, only difference is Smith had better players.

Walter is a football manager though while McCoist is not.

We would be sitting with a fair bit more silverware in our cabinet and a few more wins if he was here.

I don't think anyone out there could get us playing worse than McCoist has managed in the past 3 years.

Walter is a football manager though while McCoist is not.

We would be sitting with a fair bit more silverware in our cabinet and a few more wins if he was here.

I don't think anyone out there could get us playing worse than McCoist has managed in the past 3 years.

main difference is Walter would not have brought in the shite McCoist has and he would not tolerate the players dragging down the clubs name and traditions like McCoist has.

main difference is Walter would not have brought in the shite McCoist has and he would not tolerate the players dragging down the clubs name and traditions like McCoist has.

True.

Hopefully the new manager will sort that all out hopefully.

I have been a supporter for over 50 yrs, I have still got a season ticket and while I fed up with the board comings and goings I have got to say it's the worst football I have seen and that includes when John Greig had a very poor team . I expect a lot of fans have been put off by the style of football on show

People saying what would walter think about the football on display - IT'S HIS TACTICS BEING CARRIED OUT BY MCCOIST!!!!

Long ball, defensive pish, throwing on subs too late in the game, only difference is Smith had better players.

To be fair, when Smith was on the tv as a pundit not so long ago he was confused as to why certain players were being played where they were. Was it the Hibs or Hearts game? Can't really remember tbh. So, I'd say it's not his tactics being played out by McCoist.

I agree up to a point. I've always said that Smith was not the tactical wizard that some people seem to think he was.

Smith did have better man-management and motivational skills though.

With McCoist we've got all of Smith's weaknesses and none of his strengths. It's like a bad photocopy of an already flawed picture.

Folk giving up there season because it's pish football doesn't sit right with me.

This - in fact giving up a season ticket ( other than economic or health grounds) hardly rings of the 'Rangers till I die' attitude. Calls for boycotts - moaning about play - fk me chaos that support (say) east fife, must look at those that stay away and say 'spoilt bastards'

There are plenty legitimate reasons not to renew. Id say not renewing because of the football is a much more understandable reason than some that others have given. Its folk that decide not to go and see their team because someone they dont like is on the board that I dont get. Buying a ticket is for ME to go see the game and thats how I see it first, others see it as an investment or a stamp of approval for the board or something.

Its a mixture of different things which are keeping support away.Board,poor football lack of any real entertaining player and also cost. The other night against Saints 13,000 thousand at game ,some being asked to pay £19-£21 when live on bbc.Surely the powers that be should have looked at some real discount for the fans.Think we have gone back 30 years with the standard of play and players but we are not alone heres hoping that whoever is at the helm can and will turn things round.

Don't blame WS or JG for staying under the radar, as all the agitators and media bampots would make their visits a nightmare, by trying to wheedle out a quote that they could expand outrageously as is their style.

Surprised that WS is not being slagged off for being at the SJ game, as I believe on a certain site, all who attended were being described as traitors. The mind boggles.

:7325:

Its also different for Bears who dont live near Glasgow, apart from the fact that your loyal to your club and want to support them and see the game, who can really be bothered travelling from Aberdeen and The Highlands or the Borders for a tues night game against a diddy team in the winter for 20 odd quid a pop when the games on the telly.

Not trying to make excuses for our attendances but there are many contributing factors. I cant take seriously anyone who says its all because of the SOS/UOF boycott.