Charlie Millers book

Blackandra

I remember seeing Charlie walking with a crowd of youngsters in Drumchapel at 7.30 am on a Saturday

morning match day, looked as tho he had been partying all night, poor attitude hindered his career

which is a pity as he could have done so much better.

No sympathy for the twat at all.

He had a talent which made him a lot of money but the fool abused it.

Drinking and gambling burned any money he made from it, when he could have been set up for life.

Now he's skint and hoping folk will buy his poxy book.

An arse of a man who will now spend the rest of his sorry life living on his past. It's his family I feel sorry for.

Still a great cross for Laudrup to score and to win NIAR Charlie, something that those slagging you would give their right arm to have done. Pity somebody didn't put him on the straight and narrow as he was a talented player. Still everybody loves a hard luck story unfortunately it's in the rhebel !

Still a great cross for Laudrup to score and to win NIAR Charlie, something that those slagging you would give their right arm to have done. Pity somebody didn't put him on the straight and narrow as he was a talented player. Still everybody loves a hard luck story unfortunately it's in the rhebel !

I wouldn't slag his ability, or even for wasting it, but blaming other people for his own shortcomings is pretty poor.

I wouldn't slag his ability, or even for wasting it, but blaming other people for his own shortcomings is pretty poor.

Footballers live in a dream world were everyone tells them there special, they have loads of spare cash and free time and burds fall at their knees no surprise some young footballers struggle.

Charlie i'm sure will regret the way his career went, i've only met him once he was the colour of mahogany at the time and seemed a genuinely decent guy.

Most of us are critical (rightfully) of Ally's record of bringing boys through from our youth ranks but this story got me thinking about how many Walter brought through in his time as manager. I can only think of:

Ferguson (gave him debut but Advocaat was more influential in his development)

Moore

Nisbett

Miller

Gattuso (not really from our youth ranks)

Hutton (opposite to Ferguson)

Probably missed a few but can't be many more. Not many for eleven years in charge.