Rangers kid Macleod is the talk of the Toon

Ace

If we can get 3 million like we did Wilson we'l of hit the jackpot.

You think so ? Would prefer to hold onto him for 5 or 6 seasons, get him top division experience, and watch him develop into a top class midfielder with full international caps and hopefully CL experience, then sell him on for at least twice as much. That would be the jackpot for me.

Would fucking hate to see him leave just to cover the debt with Ashley, when we really should be building our team around him for our return to the top division. We should be looking to raise investment from a new share issue, not selling our best talent on the cheap before they even have a chance to fully develop.

Those players were playing at the top level in Scotland, Lewis has been playing against part time hammer throwers so it's not the same.

We will see how he copes against the tims, that will show just how good he may or not be at a decent level.

I think it doesn't matter much really what level he has been playing at he is far and away the best player we have produced since Barry Ferguson i think he is good enough for the lower level premiership clubs already a bit of fitness work and he may not be a standout but i don't think he would disgrace himself either

I think it doesn't matter much really what level he has been playing at he is far and away the best player we have produced since Barry Ferguson i think he is good enough for the lower level premiership clubs already a bit of fitness work and he may not be a standout but i don't think he would disgrace himself either

Her's nowhere near ready to play in the English Premiership :lol:

Classic example once again of fans letting themselves get carried away with some good displays (against poor players I might add).

Lewis just isn't ready for that jump quite yet.

He is a promising talent, there's no doubt, amongst all the drivel we've seen this season and being constantly being played out of position he's been the one shining light.

However he needs a season at the top level in Scotland before going down south. He needs at least that standard of opposition week in week out, alot like Andy Robertson did at Dundee United.

A year too soon for me.

He walked straight in to a team full of seasoned professionals and sometime winners and has become a star man.

Whose to say he's not ready for the jump to the higher level ? I think he will be successful and has the potential to be a great. Let's hope it works out for him if sadly he does go this season.

You think so ? Would prefer to hold onto him for 5 or 6 seasons, get him top division experience, and watch him develop into a top class midfielder with full international caps and hopefully CL experience, then sell him on for at least twice as much. That would be the jackpot for me.

Would fucking hate to see him leave just to cover the debt with Ashley, when we really should be building our team around him for our return to the top division. We should be looking to raise investment from a new share issue, not selling our best talent on the cheap before they even have a chance to fully develop.

Top Class? I just dont see it as half the time he struggles in the Scottish Championship

Top Class? I just dont see it as half the time he struggles in the Scottish Championship

Aye and the other half he strolls matches and shows genuine touches of class. To be fair to him mate most of the time he's played out of position in a struggling team with shit tactics and a shit manager, moved from left to right and rarely giving his favored central position, but I see a real prospect in him and think if he stays with us for the next few years as a regular starter he will develop into a top class midfielder, that we can eventually cash in on with a healthy transfer fee. A new manager at the club could help move him on to the next level.

We've had so many false dawns with young players who have turned out to be average at best, I understand what yer saying but I really think this lad is the real deal. imo It would be a mistake for him to go down south at this stage. Hopefully somebody gives the lad good advise and tells him to stay where he is.

Her's nowhere near ready to play in the English Premiership :lol:

Classic example once again of fans letting themselves get carried away with some good displays (against poor players I might add).

For the likes of Sunderland and Hull etc he would be more than good enough already

He walked straight in to a team full of seasoned professionals and sometime winners and has become a star man.

Whose to say he's not ready for the jump to the higher level ? I think he will be successful and has the potential to be a great. Let's hope it works out for him if sadly he does go this season.

Or a team of overpaid, incompetent and unmotivated imposters.

I'm taking nothing away from his ability or potential and I'm not saying he can't or wouldn't fit right in but I think he'll be all the much better for a year or two against full time, top division opposition.

He also needs a sustained period in his long term natural position which is center midfield.

You've also got to take into account at your Hulls, Sunderlands and so on they're more than likely going to be the relegation dog fight, where slogging out results will be a necessity. Not many clubs in that position are going to turn to a largely unproven, raw 20 year old to play in the middle of the park. Lewis doesn't want to be sat on the bench at this stage of his career no matter what club he's at, look at Danny Wilson and how his move to Liverpool turned out, albeit there's more chance of Lewis playing for a Sunderland than there was for Danny, but why risk it?

Lewis Macleod has a great opportunity to make a fantastic career for himself, he doesn't need to jump at the first offer, experience is more vital going forward.