Sir Alex Ferguson

AlCapone

It's not as far fetched as it sounds. I put out the idea elsewhere. And the reason i thought about it was because we are at the point where another "Souness" moment is required.

In 1986 David Holmes was given the task of rebuilding Rangers and went for the very best he could get. Admittedly the board was more stable but crowds were down. The fans were not supporting the club. Rangers couldn't attract top players due to their rigid wage structure. Lawrence Malborough was an absentee owner who quite simply couldn't be arsed with the club.

Holmes thought big..very big and no one ever thought that Rangers would have Graeme Souness as their new player manager. I still vividly remember the hairs standing up when news broke he was going to be our new manager. This was a guy who just shouldn't be at Rangers. But..in he came and the club was revolutionised from top to bottom.

And the point about Ferguson is that if you don't ask you don't get. I am almost certain he would politely refuse because of all the baggage surrounding the club. However if by some miracle there was boardroom stability and proof of funds then who knows what he would say.

If it was simply an 18 month rescue job that may tempt him rather than a 3 or 5 year contract. Come in, get the players and fans buzzing and try to leave the club in a better shape than he found it.

As i said, the chances of it happening are remote but you never know until you ask.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson left his dream job because his family wanted to spend more time with him in his final years.

There is not even the slightest chance he would even entertain this idea :lol:

Aye leave Man United, the fame, fortune to come to Scotland and take over at a club that's been run like a back street brothel.

Get real

Far better chance of Dick Advocaat doing something similar if that's the thinking. Or Souness again for that matter. I am all for thinking big but this is all predicated on MA or someone else providing us a bucket of cash. It's not happening.

Aye because Souness would jump at the chance to work with a board that just KOd his bid lol.

While I personally believe there's no chance in hell... As Adoniram says.. if you don't ask...

No matter what.. The Rangers are a huge draw for all of us (incl. SAF). SAF would politely decline.. but surely after a moment of pause....

Ferguson left his dream job because his family wanted to spend more time with him in his final years.

Aye leave Man United, the fame, fortune to come to Scotland and take over at a club that's been run like a back street brothel.

Get real

well thats why he said he was leaving so must be true eh???? nothing to do with the aging squad and lack of resources to compete with City.

You must still believe in the tooth fairy,

well thats why he said he was leaving so must be true eh???? nothing to do with the aging squad and lack of resources to compete with City.

You must still believe in the tooth fairy,

Well played Al. Lecturing on the naivety of other posters whilst advocating SAF as the next gaffer. Put the rod away lol.

It's not as far fetched as it sounds. I put out the idea elsewhere. And the reason i thought about it was because we are at the point where another "Souness" moment is required.

In 1986 David Holmes was given the task of rebuilding Rangers and went for the very best he could get. Admittedly the board was more stable but crowds were down. The fans were not supporting the club. Rangers couldn't attract top players due to their rigid wage structure. Lawrence Malborough was an absentee owner who quite simply couldn't be arsed with the club.

Holmes thought big..very big and no one ever thought that Rangers would have Graeme Souness as their new player manager. I still vividly remember the hairs standing up when news broke he was going to be our new manager. This was a guy who just shouldn't be at Rangers. But..in he came and the club was revolutionised from top to bottom.

And the point about Ferguson is that if you don't ask you don't get. I am almost certain he would politely refuse because of all the baggage surrounding the club. However if by some miracle there was boardroom stability and proof of funds then who knows what he would say.

If it was simply an 18 month rescue job that may tempt him rather than a 3 or 5 year contract. Come in, get the players and fans buzzing and try to leave the club in a better shape than he found it.

As i said, the chances of it happening are remote but you never know until you ask.

Indeed it could work and the Souness effect would move us onto a new level, ask your self this, If he came tomorrow would he win the leage for us thsi season? would he win the top flight within a couple of seasons? It would galvanise the club and mean guaranteed sell outs. Financially it wont take much to topple the filth. .

Get real

I've always found back street brothels very welcoming :thumbup: