Lowest league attendance

plymouthranger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ST money for the season is long gone. Retail money has been fobbed off to MA.

What does the club have in the way off regular income? Only ticket sales from the pay-at-the-gate walk ups.

When the money men do their accounting of funds required, what are they assuming as income from gate receipts? I cannot see Ashley's handout going far based on yesterday's crowd.

It appears to be a hand to mouth existence for the club. Ashley seems quite happy to give his loose change to tide the club over for another month against security of another fixed asset. At this rate of drip feeding how long until he owns the club by default.

Ally has so far dropped 13 pts in the league. The club is only 12 pts above 5th place. If Hearts sow up the league title with games to spare and Rangers are more than 20 pts above 5th place, then would it be of financial benefit to go into admin, take the 20 pts deduction and still be in the play-offs?

I hope it does not come to that, but if the only solution is admin, then better this season than next.

Why don't you just fuck right off !!

Can you not request this under FOI from the police? Im sure you can as they have to record how many people were actually inside the stadium. Don't know how to do it mind you but Im sure someone will know.

yes you can but what would that prove except what we already know.

Did they report that despite our 'supposed shockingly low turnout' when you added all the other SPL games together over the weekend there was only around 4 thousand more people with all the other games added together??

I don't see people slagging 2,922 people at their game against Dundee or ICT 5,400?? Yes we are Rangers, blah blah, but all this nonsense news is getting out of hand, all the stories 'struggling' Gers, blah blah, I thought that term was reserved for people who haven't won a game all season or in relegation, funny that the article beside ours has 'struggling' St Mirren 11th defeat?? Funny that term be used for both teams??

I said to my brother whilst sky are reporting 28k as our lowest attendance in 28yr how many

clubs in Britain would love 28k as an average gate.

Obviously it's a worry but the circumstances I.e shite football, boardroom turmoil and Christmas will

have played their part.

I said to my brother whilst sky are reporting 28k as our lowest attendance in 28yr how many

clubs in Britain would love 28k as an average gate.

Obviously it's a worry but the circumstances I.e shite football, boardroom turmoil and Christmas will

have played their part.

28K is a good average gate for the SPFL, especially in the Championship. However, other teams budget for what they can reasonably expect and cut their cloth accordingly, e.g.Cowdenbeath and Alloa with attendances under 2K can not afford to run full-time squads.

However, were the Rangers' accounting bods basing income on a capacity crowd for home games. If so the club is about 40% down and dropping, Even worse, if you believe Police Scotland's figures of only 15,608 customers coming through the turnstiles on Saturday.