Lowest league attendance

plymouthranger

The ST money for the season is long gone. Retail money has been fobbed off to MA.

What does the club have in the way off regular income? Only ticket sales from the pay-at-the-gate walk ups.

When the money men do their accounting of funds required, what are they assuming as income from gate receipts? I cannot see Ashley's handout going far based on yesterday's crowd.

It appears to be a hand to mouth existence for the club. Ashley seems quite happy to give his loose change to tide the club over for another month against security of another fixed asset. At this rate of drip feeding how long until he owns the club by default.

Ally has so far dropped 13 pts in the league. The club is only 12 pts above 5th place. If Hearts sow up the league title with games to spare and Rangers are more than 20 pts above 5th place, then would it be of financial benefit to go into admin, take the 20 pts deduction and still be in the play-offs?

I hope it does not come to that, but if the only solution is admin, then better this season than next.

I am not sure you can just go into admin and pop back out as out sent isn't that high and we have assets that could be sold to cover, but don't take my word on that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Not sure I agree with that. Remember the third division, getting beat by Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Annan? Not winning away from home in the league until the end of October? Getting pumped by Inverness and Dundee United 3-0?

Don't get me wrong, it's always been shite, I just think it's getting even harder to watch now. Might just be because I find it genuinely boring watching us play now though

The ST money for the season is long gone. Retail money has been fobbed off to MA.

What does the club have in the way off regular income? Only ticket sales from the pay-at-the-gate walk ups.

When the money men do their accounting of funds required, what are they assuming as income from gate receipts? I cannot see Ashley's handout going far based on yesterday's crowd.

It appears to be a hand to mouth existence for the club. Ashley seems quite happy to give his loose change to tide the club over for another month against security of another fixed asset. At this rate of drip feeding how long until he owns the club by default.

Ally has so far dropped 13 pts in the league. The club is only 12 pts above 5th place. If Hearts sow up the league title with games to spare and Rangers are more than 20 pts above 5th place, then would it be of financial benefit to go into admin, take the 20 pts deduction and still be in the play-offs?

I hope it does not come to that, but if the only solution is admin, then better this season than next.

I see what you did there.

Never mind the 8 teams in the spfl that have an average of 5k a game every week. Yes its not acceptable as its our most important year but if McCoist had to go attendance would be touching 40k next home game

Currently, there are only 7 teams in the SPFL that have averages of over 5K a home game this season. And of these 7 clubs, 3 are in the Championship. In the Premiership only the Filth and the Sheep average over 10K for home games. This is the state of Scottish football under the SFA/SPFL.

Attendances are down in general. Rangers' average home attendance this season is just over 60% of capacity and this average will continue to drop under McCoist's brand of football. In contrast, Hearts are selling out Tynecastle. They are playing football under Neilson that their supporters want to watch - of course being unbeaten does help fill seats.

I do not want to pay to watch balls being hoofed up to fatarse Boyd (or Daly) for it to roll out for a bye kick. McCoist had it easy in the bottom 2 tiers. Complacency has set in and the players cannot seem to get out of that rut now they are having to play against teams of full-time professionals.

Even at our lowest we still bring in crowds that other clubs could only dream of playing in front of.

We could have easily at least 40,000 every game. I wonder how we could manage that!!!??

Get rid of Ally and up the quality of football and people will return. I seriously don't think all the people staying away are avoiding turning up just cause of boardroom issues. Aye we're still struggling off the pitch but I think at this point it's just the shite football. Need more people inside Ibrox to support the team.

seriously that £1,500,000 to replace management will repay itself in no time.

Did they report that despite our 'supposed shockingly low turnout' when you added all the other SPL games together over the weekend there was only around 4 thousand more people with all the other games added together??

I don't see people slagging 2,922 people at their game against Dundee or ICT 5,400?? Yes we are Rangers, blah blah, but all this nonsense news is getting out of hand, all the stories 'struggling' Gers, blah blah, I thought that term was reserved for people who haven't won a game all season or in relegation, funny that the article beside ours has 'struggling' St Mirren 11th defeat?? Funny that term be used for both teams??

Goodness me, what a lot of utter tripe.

Get rid of Ally and up the quality of football and people will return. I seriously don't think all the people staying away are avoiding turning up just cause of boardroom issues. Aye we're still struggling off the pitch but I think at this point it's just the shite football. Need more people inside Ibrox to support the team.

I suspect with a winning team playing decent football that nobody would give a shit about the Boardroom.

Take Hibs as an example. At the beginning of the season it was "Petrie Out" protests and "Farmer must go" but a 3-1 win at Ibrox and everything is hunky dory again.

If Ally did pull the rabbit out of the hat and beat them in February to get to the LC final, would that bring bums back to seats?

Another record we can put against the duds disastrous reign.

It shows just how much we the fans have been sickened by McCoist given we were breaking records for highest attendances nearly 3 years ago...

It's hard to believe a manager could ruin that....

I would love souness back, seriously I don't think there is a better man for the job. It would never happen though due to his health.

I would also love to see Souness back, but there's no chance he would work with this board, especially after they knocked back his latest bid

Not for me,till that useless twat and his two mates are away,rather go to the dentist than watch this shite week after week.Supported Rangers for 55 years just in case you doubt how bad I think this is.

I have mates in both camps. I try to play devil's advocate but to be honest the Alloa game just skunnard me to the point where I am fully in the McCoist must go camp. I am sure there are turkeys that will vote for Christmas but I just cannot see Ally turning this around, given the players he's got.

Admin to what end?

Admin to what end?

To the extent that there is no HMRC as the major creditor to oppose a CVA.

I am not sure of the mechanics involved but something along the lines of what happened at Hearts. Where they went into administration in June 2013 and came out of it debt free and all refreshed in July 2014.

To the extent that there is no HMRC as the major creditor to oppose a CVA.

I am not sure of the mechanics involved but something along the lines of what happened at Hearts. Where they went into administration in June 2013 and came out of it debt free and all refreshed in July 2014.

That just wouldn't happen with us, I believe we have more assets than debt.

As Rangers fans we can not continue to look backwards, we have to look forwards.

right now, the only comfort I am getting is from looking backwards on past glories and hoping for more glory in the future to come

because the present is pretty fucking painful its gotta be said

People are not willing to watch us struggle against Cowdenbeath etc paying silly money for a day out to the fitba..Take yer kids with travel and grub your kicking £150 to watch that fuckin rubbish..

There needs to be a complete overhall of the coaching staff for us to improve and to get punters to part with their hard earned.